Carb cycling

Tommy6

Top Contributor
For people who follow a carb cycling diet, on your med/low days do you up fats or up protein to keep calories as high as you can?

Or do you keep them the same so when carbs are cycled so are cals?

Eat a few more eggs,but dontreplace the cals tbh,,dont see the point
In a short window of three or four days,you can overcompensate on
A high day if the scales move to much imo.

make your base of pro fat.. keep that the same then just alternate carbs low med high

do both, i cycle calories after i have cycled carbs/Fats, in general the Pro stays the same.

Never count fats, just watever appears through the day. Most days no carb, or low carb, odd moderate carb day here and there

I've always had less calories by way of carbs on non training days. Training days stay the same. This is during prep and out of prep. Carbs drop by 50-100g per day on the non training days.

However when I eventually do diet next year I will experiment with lower calories on the non training days, but keep fats very high and drop the carbs more. So instead of about 300g carbs on the non training day I will drop to about 150g and up the fats by 65g to compensate from a calorie perspective.

I've always had less calories by way of carbs on non training days. Training days stay the same. This is during prep and out of prep. Carbs drop by 50-100g per day on the non training days.

However when I eventually do diet next year I will experiment with lower calories on the non training days, but keep fats very high and drop the carbs more. So instead of about 300g carbs on the non training day I will drop to about 150g and up the fats by 65g to compensate from a calorie perspective.

You do realise you just contradicted yourself from a previous thread?

I cycled carbs when I did it. So just had days of low carbs and high carbs. Got me my most shredded tbh, low days go harder as the weeks went on as would do 3 low 1 high. Even then the high was only about 300g of carbs so not even like its a lot in hind sight.

I cycled carbs when I did it. So just had days of low carbs and high carbs. Got me my most shredded tbh, low days go harder as the weeks went on as would do 3 low 1 high. Even then the high was only about 300g of carbs so not even like its a lot in hind sight.

And what was your low days?

And what was your low days?
Was 120g but went as low as 50g and then had zero carb days to see what would happen. Was told that 0.5g carb per lb of bw would lead to accelerated fat loss. I tried it. Dude was correct. But i was hungry....as always haha

Keep in mind i started at 94kg finished about 79kg for that prep

Was 120g but went as low as 50g and then had zero carb days to see what would happen. Was told that 0.5g carb per lb of bw would lead to accelerated fat loss. I tried it. Dude was correct. But i was hungry....as always haha

Keep in mind i started at 94kg finished about 79kg for that prep

I get lean on under 50g, anything over isnt really low carb, i mean a high carb day for me is 150g, hungers a fucker, i just try and satisfy it with cottage cheese, sugar free jelly with sugar free angel delight on top, shit like that

I get lean on under 50g, anything over isnt really low carb, i mean a high carb day for me is 150g, hungers a fucker, i just try and satisfy it with cottage cheese, sugar free jelly with sugar free angel delight on top, shit like that

If I were to do it again id try to push the boundaries harder especially the lean i got. Really try and push high carbs to 600-800g once a week after 3 days of low with plenty of cardio to burn through the muscle glycogen. Then a dirty leg session on the high carb day lol.

Tbh anything under 150 id say was relatively low depending of activity levels.

Back