1. TMuscle acknowledges the use of AAS (anabolic and androgenic steroids) POMs (prescription-only medicines) and other performance-enhancing substances in bodybuilding today. It aims to provide reliable information on their safe administration, side effects and dangers.

TMuscle does not approve or support the unlawful supply, possession or use of any drug.

Members may report and describe factually their experiences with AAS and brands of AAS and POMs.

Members may not offer to supply or facilitate the unlawful supply of AAS, POMS or other controlled drugs on TMuscle or its messaging systems.

Doctors Opinion On Gear

Discussion in 'Anabolic Steroids & Prohormones' started by Gifford chilford, Mar 21, 2014.

1. Gifford chilford

Gifford chilford Top Contributor

Perhaps not but he will have a shedload of actual experience on what they do to the body, which is worth more than theories upon theories from books on what they could do. The same as fitness instructors versus a bodybuilder on knowledge, 10stone instructor with a stack of paperwork claiming he knows what hes talking about versus dorian yates who might have no paperwork, whos advice on training are you going to take at the end of the day

2. Righty

Righty Beard growing champ 2014 Moderator

What do they do to the body?
    C'mon man, you can't use personal anecdotal evidence as an indicator of what's going on inside you.
    That's like letting a race driver diagnose piston wear.

Robbie, Prodiver and LittleChris like this.
  3. Gifford chilford

Well it varies from person to person what they do, not everyone will react the same as the books will have it, as gps claim, they might have certain sides on one person but not on 100 others, you have to get out and try things for yourself, not just go on internet theories and books

4. Con

Con USBF Pro Bodybuilder Moderator

But look at it this way....
    Take two twins both do bb and have the same perfect diet and cardio.
    One of the twins uses steroids and the other does it completely naturally.
    Obviously all things equal the steroid user will have worse blood work (this can't be denied at least hdl levels will be down if nothing else).
    So that would be counted as more unhealthy.

P.S. Totally not against PED in any shape or form lol just trying to show how other people (doctors) may view the whole situation.

5. danny187

danny187 Top Contributor

It is an unhealthy lifestyle choice, remember alot who use AAS will also do the other things mentioned like reccy, smoke, drink, eat shit or refeed, take peptides which probably make a stone in water, people will just use other comparisions to other lifestyle choices to validate or justify their use...

Make the decision and try eliminate possible bad sides best you can, but its hardly healthy is it lol

Ok many will argue or is going out every weekend, or smoking 20 fags or taking cocaine, but I am sure people who do that are under no illusion its a good lifestyle for health lol

6. Micky13

Micky13 Full Member

Question: does steroids actually cause hormone imbalance? I believe hormone imbalance is a cause of depression?
    In no way am I saying steroids cause depression (I don't know enough about them) but if you're subject to depression might it not be worth giving the juice a bit of a wide berth?

Posted using TMuscle App

7. Pscarb

Pscarb Cardiff Sports Nutrition Rep

Totally agree mate as I said it is not healthy but compared to what, knowing what I know I would rather have used steroids for the last 20 odd years than go out on the piss every week, smoke and eat crappy food as a mainstay to my diet......but I do agree it is not what you would be considered healthy

Con likes this.
  8. Con

What about the guys that do all of those things at the same time:lol:

JTG likes this.
  9. danny187

danny187 Top Contributor

You may be an exception in respect of being strict, but what about the majority of users who still do all that, that was my point, of course all combined it is worse but still not a healthy choice, however still could be better than alot of lifestyle choices if people stay away from other indulges lol

10. Con

As far as healthy I may not use PED's but the nicotine gum I chew all day long to keep my hunger at bay is not exactly longevity promoting either lol.
    Very rarely will you find a human that has no unhealthy behaviors in fact I personally know of none.

11. danny187

danny187 Top Contributor

What I just said, majority do lol.........

Then you have benzos, sleepers and whatever else lol

12. Gifford chilford

Eating macdonalds, sucking on cancer sticks and drinking pints down the pub is legal though, so until its illegal a gp, or others whos wages are being paid in some part from the taxes on these goods wont slate you for it

13. Pscarb

there will always be exceptions though, for the modest user imo they are no more unhealthy than someone who does at least one of the things above or even someone in a high stress job...

Con and Beast like this.
  14. Pscarb

i doubt i am an exception to be honest i know plenty who do not use high doses, take breaks, get bloods and MOT's done and don't do the other stuff....granted most of these people on the whole are over the age of 30 but then we all feel immortal when we are young lol

as i said as a choice it is not healthy the only healthy choice is to do nothing of the things mentioned in this thread and not have a stressful life in general but then you look at those who drop NSAIDs like smarties and the damage they do is unreal yet no one thinks twice about taking them.

i am not saying using PEDs is healthy i am just saying it is not the most unhealthiest thing you can do.

BNDMV, danny187 and Beast like this.
  15. Pscarb

i know literally hundreds of steroid users who have no clue what they do to the body, to be honest many more than actually know what they are doing etc.....just like you can get bad GP's every now and again you can get a good one, my current GP is a good one and i know a few others who are but i know fewer Bodybuilders who have a clue what impact steroids truly on the body. just because you know how to inject does not mean you know what is happening in your body.

tjw1986 likes this.