1. Welcome to TMuscle. If you don't already have an account, please register. Once you sign up you'll be able to ask questions by starting new threads and reply to other peoples. In addition to this you will be able to upload pictures, customise your own profile page and gain access to many other member only features and forums.

It takes less than a minute to register and is completely free for life so please register right now and become a part of this fantastic community.

Keto Diet - Wasting Away

Discussion in 'Diet & Nutrition' started by SimplyShredded, Jan 27, 2012.

1. SimplyShredded

SimplyShredded Full Member

Ok so iv been on keto for about 1 week and i look like a different person, iv lost half my size in 1 week wtf has happend?

2. FATBOY

FATBOY Age is just a number Competitor

you are just depleted m8 its carbs and water that keep you full , you will look totaly differnt after a refeed

3. SimplyShredded

refeed every 10 days for 24 hours mate?

4. LittleChris

LittleChris Optimus Rep

Training Log:
    Click Here
    24hours for a refeed would be overkill I would suggest. Dave Palumbo suggests one large cheat meal per week.
    I would personally have 2-3hours to get a few hundred grams of carbs in- not fats and carbs, just carbs.

Length of the refeed is variable and would depend on metabolism, level of drug use, how long you have been dieting, how depleted etc.

Max, DNC, doink and 2 others like this.
  5. SimplyShredded

so on my carb up day eat high fats and protien up until about 3 hours before bed then drop the fats and just eat carbs and protein then back to normal next day ?

6. ricky23

ricky23 Top Contributor

if your goal is fatloss solely not a recomp or adding muscle while losing fat you maybe better served using dave palumbo's plan and have a big refeed meal as opposed to a refeed day as glycogen will be more depleted and you can re-enter ketosis and fat burning quicker.

Dtlv likes this.
  7. SimplyShredded

so just 1 cheat meal per week mate??? and cheat meal meaning good source of carbs and protein in the meal??

8. FATBOY

FATBOY Age is just a number Competitor

i would have pretty much what i wanted pizza ect he reccomends that you make it your last meal on tht day so you dont go overboard

9. ricky23

ricky23 Top Contributor

as i said mate its all goal dependant, for recomp you may more inclined toward a refeed day or simply going carbless pwo, having a window to eat carbs pre workout - so if you train at 6pm, have a couple of carb meals from lunch onward and go without carbs rest of the day. repeat if youre training next day, if not then no carbs just protein and fats. thats a good option imo if youre looking to recomp.
    if its just extreme fat loss then yes 1 cheat meal high in carbs (could be anything you want) same time once per week. good time is sunday evening if you train on monday.
    but this should only come in once youre 2 weeks into diet.

Dtlv likes this.
  10. SimplyShredded

Thx mate, what is that thing in your pic? are you human?

11. doink

doink Top Contributor

Don't worry too much about protein during your carb window.... Just get the carbs in then go back to protein/high fat

LittleChris and Max like this.
  12. JB

JB Top Contributor

Training Log:
    Click Here
    I must be doing something wrong I refeed every 12 hrs lmao

Dtlv likes this.
  13. MikeX

MikeX Account Suspended

Training Log:
    Click Here
    I think this is the best way to go about it, after trying various versions.

helps curb cravings without creating massive sugar highs and the subsequent lows!!

14. ricky23

ricky23 Top Contributor

ive lost most of it now after being in a sling for 6 weeks due to pec tendon surgery.

15. LittleChris

LittleChris Optimus Rep

Training Log:
    Click Here
    You refeed everyday bar the occasional day when you actually follow some sort of diet :lol:

JB, Rahul and BNDMV like this.