1. Welcome to TMuscle. If you don't already have an account, please register. Once you sign up you'll be able to ask questions by starting new threads and reply to other peoples. In addition to this you will be able to upload pictures, customise your own profile page and gain access to many other member only features and forums.

It takes less than a minute to register and is completely free for life so please register right now and become a part of this fantastic community.

NABBA Mr & Ms Scotland Report 2012

Images and results from the NABBA Mr & Ms Scotland 2012 bodybuilding competition.

1. 1Tonne

1Tonne Top Contributor

Training Log:
    Click Here
    Cheers for this RS. Keep it coming.
  2. RS

RS Everybody loves RS!!! Moderator

Training Log:
    Click Here
    Next up, Novice :)

1 - Simon Swanson - Excellent. Really conditioned, quite balanced, good poser and excellent routine. Not huge, but big enough and balanced nicely, and posing well. Reckon he has this one in the bag tbh

2 - Dayle Singers - OK condition, little slender in this linup but certainly balanced enough. Little soft from behind, lower half. Energetic posing tune, started slow, then got bouncy, I like it! Confident enough! Really got crowd going at night show, really good effort!

3 - Kevin Robinson - Quite pale, and posing needs some adjustment. Legs little light for his torso, but having said that not a bad effort and well conditioned, just lack of tan not showing it off! Bit of Queen, "The Show Must Go On" - nice.

Only 3, so comparison straightforward.

Results:

1st - Simon Swanson
    2nd - Dale Sears
    3rd - Kevin Robinson
  3. RS

Training Log:
    Click Here
    Over 40s now!

1 - Paul Boone - Another "Sexy and I know it" :D, mad hair, all multicoloured lol! Love it! Moderate size, just a touch smooth and could do with more tan. Had some abdominal trauma/operation in past, and unfortunately it does detract from him a little. Nice energetic posing tho!

2 - John Whynne (sp?) - Tall guy with tonnes of condition, striated and shredded everywhere, yup even on the ole' glutes. Could do with a bit more mass only because his frame is so tall, nice posing, and nice smile. Looks like he is enjoying himself, yup, good!

3 - Stevie Thomson - Compact physique, a veteran on the over 40s circuit. Very lean and vascular, however heavy gyno on right pec and a tear on the left gives his chest a deflated look which is a shame! Good posing. Little thick in mid section, and could do with more tan to show off condition!

4 - Gordon McKenzie - Very peeled athlete, balanced, but posing not showing his physique off to best... back like a road map with striations and vascularity, good thick arms, just wish I could tweak his posing!!! Hams nicely split to hell - when he hits them right.

Only 4 competitors so again, comparisons very straightforward, 2 and 4 really shining! 2 getting harder and harder more he poses, going to be close between him and 4 for the class IMO, 2 might just pip it!

First call out 1/2/3/4, second 2/4/3/1

Results:

1st - John Whynne
    2nd - Gordon McKenzie
    3rd - Stevie Thomson
    4th - Paul Boone
  4. Stephen

Stephen Top Contributor

50's next?

No disrespect to any other competitors but I'm thinking my mate Sean should be the clear winner.

Him and Rab are the only 2 reasons I'm kinda wishing I was there so fingers crossed it's all gone to plan :)

Good work Rams
  5. RS

Training Log:
    Click Here
    Over 50s next.

1 - Graham Soutar - Very tall, and undermuscled because of that unfortunately. Condition good, just needs way more size to be competitive on stage with the other two guys. Posing well to Adele, good on him!

2 - Robert Turner - Posing to his usual classical music, and doing it well as usual too!! Condition maybe a little off - for him! Still shredded by all counts, striations everywhere!! Pleasure to watch.

3 - Sean Monaghan - Looking great as always, balanced his fullness with his condition just right! Yup, looking great. Could use some minor posing tweaks in my opinion but he does it his way, and it works. Back particularly dry and shredded, lower lats cross striating. Serratus extremely carved!!

Sean and Robert are veteran competitors in this class and always a pleasure to watch. Both always achieve top condition so will be really good to see how the judges call this one!!

Going to be hard for the judges between Robert and Sean here, depends what they go for and I could see opinion being split! Tough one! Right now, I'd give Sean the nod, but lets see how they fare in the comparison. Only 3 of them so pretty straight forward.

Yup, I'm still saying Sean but VERY close, swings n roundabouts. Roberts legs are more cut from front, but Sean is much fuller and muscle bellies rounder. At the back now. Sean not making best of his legs in the rear poses, this could cost him. Robert hitting them text book... this is going to be real close!

Results:

1st - Sean Monaghan
    2nd - Robert Turner
    3rd - Graham Soutar
  6. Stephen

Stephen Top Contributor

Ooh I forgot about Mr Turner...

Thanks again Rams :)
    RS likes this.
  7. RS

Training Log:
    Click Here
    Toned figure now (yasss :D :D :D)

8 competitors, all stunning and all bar maybe one looking as if good effort has been applied!

1 - Mandy Rough - Looking good, nice condition, not too lean which would take her out of toned. Great presentation! Good degree of size without being over muscled.

2 - Tracey King - Good bit softer than Mandy, I think too soft as her visible muscle tone is really low... could use a little more confidence too, but good effort! Must try harder next time tho!!

3 - Suzanne Grey - Suzi is tiny haha!! But you know what they say, good things/small packages! Great tone, not too lean, but good athletic muscle on show. Great routine, confident and polished, very good mover!! Pleasure to watch.

4 - Jo Jamieson - Tall, slender and with excellent muscle tone. Starting her routine well with some groundwork, nice tune, Rihanna! Excellent routine, and very balanced physique! Personally really like this one, but I have no idea how they are going to judge this, Jo looks borderline trained figure...

5 - Tracey Grieve - Initial thoughts maybe a little heavily muscled/lean for toned? Very hard to say. Nice condition. Starting routine on knee, and doing it well? Confident, nice smile, if a little static routine wise - but hey, they can't all be dancers, right?! Good effort!

6 - Alana Kavana - Energetic mover, nice tone! Maybe a little pale tho, and this could cost her. Almost had a wardrobe malfunction in the bra department just then lol

7 - Jen Ford - Quite compact, starting routine with pushups, transiting to knee work, then up to standing. Good mover, although maybe a little slow for the driving tune she has. Great tone, probably about just right for the class, but its so hard to know!!! Done routine at front of stage, unfortunately she is in the shade a little there, but the judges should still see what they need to.

8 - Kerrie Donaghy - Very smiley, energetic routine, excellent!! Again good tone, without too many extreme cuts, nice cartwheel lol!! Looks like she is enjoying every moment, with plenty of ground/knee/standing transitions, practically a dance routine, superb!!

I'm not going to make any comments RE who will win/place whatever, because womens bodybuilding is a mystery to me!!!

However, first call out - 3/6/7/8/1. Second call out - 4/5/2/6/3. Third call out 4/7/5/1/2/6/8/3.

Any comments on who should win/place etc would be purely my personal opinion, I, like most I think, have no ideas what the judges are looking for from these girls!!

Results:

1st - Jen Ford
    2nd - Kerry Donachie
    3rd - Mandy Rough

Yup the ones I figured were borderline trained were overlooked. NABBA needs to sort this out IMO, danger of losing the women of the sport at this rate!
  8. RS

Training Log:
    Click Here

I think Sean will pip him TBH, but who knows how the judges will roll! You here big fella, or could you not make it?
  9. RS

Training Log:
    Click Here
    Mr Class 4 now.

Only one competitor, so its a no contest, Jimmy Salmond.

Looking great as always, stomach distended a little, but not too detracting. Amazing condition and great thickness. Posing beautiful. Quads like barrels, and shredded to hell and back. Very powerful most muscular!! Shame he is on his own... When he composes his mid section it is small, so don't know what the distention issue is. It isn't too major, but on a physique of this standard, even the slightest flaw detracts.

Hamstrings nicely cut up, back width and thickness in bucket loads.

Can confidently say he will take this class :lol::lol::lol:
    Guest, DNC and Ryan. like this.
  10. Geo

Geo Competitor

Awesome mate, your like the Murray Walker of BB'ing just now hahahahah
  11. RS

Training Log:
    Click Here
    Mr Class 3, 3 guys here, all good, 2 particularly so, between 1 and 2 for this class, lets see how they go.

1 - Grant Coutts - Thickly muscled, very vascular, and great posing. Nice condition top to bottom, front to back. Legs maybe a little light for his upper body, but not that bad, great physique. Little pale maybe? Could cost him?

2 - Brian Soutar - Brian looking outstanding this year, full, big, balanced and ripped. Music not playing!!! Arghhh!!! Not phasing him tho, just shouted to play anything lol, thats the spirit!! Excellent posing, hard to pick a weak point! Bis maybe little short, but nowt he can do about that, really great routine considering not his music! Its going to be tight between him and no1, but just now, I put my money on Brian. Lets see what comparisons bring! Little smoother at night show?

3 - Nikolai Pulowski - Nothing wrong with this guy, just behind the other two in terms of size, and a little light on tan - still a great physique though, could do with maybe a couple lb more condition in this lineup, but he's looking good - great posing!

Just the three guys so again, a straightforward comparison round. 1/2/3... Still Brian getting my vote just now, best I've seen him. Night time edit... don't know now!! Lets just wait and see how they call it, gonna be tight!!!!

Results:

1st - Brian Soutar
    2nd - Grant Coutts
    3rd - Nikolai Pulowski
  12. Willis

Willis Top Contributor

Training Log:
    Click Here
    RS good job ..... I knew you were good for something
    RS likes this.
  13. phani tikkala

phani tikkala Full Member

Rab competing on grand national day......

Coincidence?:lol:
  14. smurphy

smurphy Top Contributor

Great job so far rams
  15. RS

Training Log:
    Click Here
    Mr Class 2 now, 3 guys.

1 - Del Honeyman - Smallest in the class, but balanced and definitely shredded!! Hams hanging out, glutes only soft point, maybe just not tensing them. Posing a little awkward maybe, but he is hitting it! Jumped down off rostrum to give it a bit of showmanship, not sure how the judges will like that at prejudging; I've seen folk get bollocked for it before... hopefully they won't hold it against him!!! Really pleasing, balanced, and shredded!

2 - David Broadfoot @broady - Looking fkn superb, big, full, and shredded! Best I've seen him possibly! Tan PERFECT. Glutes and hams don't come much more shredded than this!!! Xmas tree hanging right out!! Posing improved a lot since previous years when sometimes looked a little awkward. Quads shredded even up the inner thigh! Awesome.

3 - David Murphy - Not quite as tight as I've seen him, and it could cost Davy the class! However, still a freak physique, and never to be discounted. Must have the smallest waist to shoulder ratio in the show!! Doesn't look as confident as Ive seen him... maybe messed up water manipulation and knows it? Quite soft on glutes and hams - a real shame, because this guy has an awesome physique! No show at night! Shocker! He wasn't THAT bad, just a little bit off! Hope he is OK!

Nice straight forward comparison. For me, Davy Broadfoot has this one, but who knows what the judges see? What will be interesting for me is how the chips fall between Del and David Murphy. Del is outsized, but a lot more conditioned, and balanced, nothing sticks out, good or bad, he is just symetrical. Could be tough for the judges to agree a direction with this one!

Results:

1st - David Broadfoot @broady
    2nd - Del Honeyman
    Ryan. likes this.