Phat Style Training

Galaxy

Formerly Gal
Top Contributor
What are peoples experience with this type of training? Looking at giving the following a go.

Lower
Upper (no arms if doing the next day)
Off or Arms/ Abs
Legs (dead lifts)
Chest/Sh/Bi's
Back/Tri's /rear delt/ abs

Lower
Squats 3x5 1x20rp
SLDL 3-5 x 8-1010 (pyramid up in weight)
Standing calves 5x12-15
Lying ham curls 3x 10-15
seated calves
Leg extension 3x10-12 (1 sec pause at top)

Upper
Flat Bench 3x5 + dset
Under hand lat pull down 5x 6-8reps
DC lat stretch
DB Shoulder Press 3-5 x 8-10 reps + Dset
Seated Horizontal row (to chest) 5x8-12 with various grips per set
Cable flys 1x12-15+T Drop set
Chest Dips BW X F,F,F

Arms
Bi and tri alternate exercises
Abs

Legs
Deadlifts 3x5
Leg Press 3-5 x 10-15 pyramid sets
Standing calves 5x8-12 ss 4" box bw calve raises
Lying Ham curls 3-5 x 10-12 + T dset
Legs Ext 3-5 x 10-12 + T dset

Chest/SH/Bi
DB SH press 3-5 x 12-6 + dset
Flat bench 3 x 8-12
Pec deck 3x20-10
Lat raises 3 x 10-12 + Tdset (2/3 sec negatives)
DB alt curls
Straight bar cable curls
SH machine Press
Abs

Back/Rear Delts/Tris
DB rows 5 x 8-12
Weighted Pull ups 2 x wide grip // 2 x narrow grip
Chest supported Row 3-5 x 10-12
Hyper extensions 3xf
Tri hammer press
Single arm Tri Extension ss Cable rear delts
Face Pulls
Shrugs

Thoughts, volume seems a bit much?? Adapted from Matt ogus on youtube tbh as prefer to hit muscle groups more frequently then once a week.

Any advice would be great, cheers

Tried it. Didnt like it. Im not a fan of sticking to a program as such. I have my own milestones like my 20 rep maxes or GVT 10 sets of 10 maxes and around that I go by feel.

However MANY have had success from it. Try it and see how you like it. All starting a thread on it will do is get OTHERS' opinions which will get you no closer to finding out if it works for you so just get out there and try it for 8 weeks and then reassess.

Tried it. Didnt like it. Im not a fan of sticking to a program as such. I have my own milestones like my 20 rep maxes or GVT 10 sets of 10 maxes and around that I go by feel.

However MANY have had success from it. Try it and see how you like it. All starting a thread on it will do is get OTHERS' opinions which will get you no closer to finding out if it works for you so just get out there and try it for 8 weeks and then reassess.

Cheers mate, Just seem who has tried it and how they found recovery etc, I know that everyone is different!.

Hve actually started it already and the voulume is going to take a while I'd say to get used to.

Also tried it, got on OK with it but if you're thinking of going down that route, I much preferred Mike ohearns power bodybuilding routine

Posted using TMuscle App

Also tried it, got on OK with it but if you're thinking of going down that route, I much preferred Mike ohearns power bodybuilding routine

Posted using TMuscle App
Will look it up, cheers mate

I like it, it's been good while I've been cutting on a keto diet, though the keto diet turned into a TKD with 50g Waxy Maize Starch in my Intra drink to help me through the volume

I like it, it's been good while I've been cutting on a keto diet, though the keto diet turned into a TKD with 50g Waxy Maize Starch in my Intra drink to help me through the volume

How long are you workouts roughly lasting?

Somewhere around 75 - 90mins I try and keep to 1 min rest periods between sets and a few mins between exercises, making them longer if I'm struggling to get the reps. I'll add ab work in a few times a week now as well at the end, and mobility work at the start of leg days.

Somewhere around 75 - 90mins I try and keep to 1 min rest periods between sets and a few mins between exercises, making them longer if I'm struggling to get the reps. I'll add ab work in a few times a week now as well at the end, and mobility work at the start of leg days.
Yeah mine are taken about that and throw in ab work usually on the wkend when I've plenty of time.

Back