Putting Carbs Back In To My Diet

Westy19

Top Contributor
Hello guys was hoping for some help!
Basically I will be cutting for another 3 weeks, and carbs are right down to just 1 meal a day with 50g carbs! Which would be pwo on training days.

So when I stop cutting, I need to start building the carbs back into my diet!

Diet currently
M1, 2, 3, 4, 50g pro 15g fats, carbs only from whey and veg so don't count them
Intra workout 5g creatine, 5g glutamine, and 10g bcaa
M5 (pwo) 50g pro, 50g carbs, fats not counted
M6 50g pro and 15g fats

Then first week after cutting I am thinking of moving the fats from M6 to M1 and adding carbs to M6
So will look something like this
M1, 50g pro, 30g fats
M2, 3, 4 50g pro, 15g carbs
Intra workout as above
M5 (pwo) 50g pro, 50g carbs
M6 50g pro, 50g carbs

Beyond that I was hoping to add carbs each week, and once I get carbs high enough I would hopefully start mixing carbs and fats in the same meal again!

But when and where would you add the carbs in? What would be a good amount to add in each week? 10g, 20g a week?

Could add carbs to intra workout shake.

However I would be inclined to increase the carbs in the (pwo) meal also.

Nice one Danny I did think that too, but was unsure with the increases though, as surely one I put intra workout carbs in, the requirement for pwo carbs drops, so sticking at 50g pwo would be sufficient or am I wrong?

Last edited:
Nice one Danny I did think that too, but was unsure with the increases though, as surely one I put intra workout carbs in, the requirement for pwo carbs drops, so sticking at 50g pwo would be sufficient or am I wrong?

Suppose there is no right or wrong with anything just whats better for yourself.

Maybe start with 25g intra for 2 weeks, then the 2 pwo with 50g and the 15g pre = 140g carbs with majority all intra/pwo.

Seems a good way of adding them back in tbh.

Yeah just been reading the carb time thread again! And it certainly seems optimal to have carbs centred around the workout!

Maybe intra first, then more pwo! What about the the rate of increase!
I am thinking maybe 20g each week for the first few weeks then drop this back to 10g increases each week?

Yeah just been reading the carb time thread again! And it certainly seems optimal to have carbs centred around the workout!

Maybe intra first, then more pwo! What about the the rate of increase!
I am thinking maybe 20g each week for the first few weeks then drop this back to 10g increases each week?

I can't comment on increase, as when I have gone low carbs when I ate them again it was always full throttle and uncontrollable lol

Slow and steady probably be good as you can see how it effects digestion, plus easier to monitor?

But I always started around training.

Not so much now with "fast carbs powder" as teeth are very sensitive currently :)

I can't comment on increase, as when I have gone low carbs when I ate them again it was always full throttle and uncontrollable lol

Slow and steady probably be good as you can see how it effects digestion, plus easier to monitor?

But I always started around training.

Not so much now with "fast carbs powder" as teeth are very sensitive currently :)
This is the thing mate in the past I have always come out of a cut and just ended up increasing carbs massively, then ultimately ended up getting too fat again!

I am not going to be really lean when I finish cutting in 3 weeks! But having been off aas for nearly 3 years and found in my endeavours to stay lean without losing too much muscle my metabolism has suffered so I need to build it back up again.

This is pretty clear bearing in mind I have been on only 50g carbs a day for quite sometime, doing cardio and I am not lean!

So I figure if build my metabolism slowly now and don't add too much extra fat, cutting should be easier next time!

Back