1. Welcome to TMuscle. If you don't already have an account, please register. Once you sign up you'll be able to ask questions by starting new threads and reply to other peoples. In addition to this you will be able to upload pictures, customise your own profile page and gain access to many other member only features and forums.

It takes less than a minute to register and is completely free for life so please register right now and become a part of this fantastic community.
  2. RIP Joe Warren (JW007) - Click here
  3. While members here are knowledgeable, they are not doctors and are not able to diagnose or recommend treatment for medical conditions. Please consult a health care professional rather than risk your health.

Sterile Abscess And Scar Tissue

Discussion in 'Injuries, Health & Personal Care' started by Kaotik, Dec 28, 2013.

1. Kaotik

Kaotik Top Contributor

A few years ago I jabbed an oil into my stomach, this then turned into a sterile abscess which I ended up squeezing around 4ml of crap out of it.

Since then I've had a hard lump underneath the skin (prob 2 inches wide by 1 inch thick, actually feels like part of my abdominal muscle) which has lately been giving a bit of jip, I mainly notice it when having a drink and bloated. Gives sort of an uncomfortable feeling, usually worsen it myself by prodding around.

Now I'm almost certain this isn't a hernia and as I say it developed after the abscess formed in the same place to the right of my bellybutton.

Is there anything I can do to reduce scar tissue other than having it surgically removed?

Cheers
  2. Prodiver

Prodiver Top Contributor

Sounds like a big blind abscess - containing a lot more than 4 ml of pus.

Best have it excised.
  3. Kaotik

Kaotik Top Contributor

Thanks for the reply, feared that would be the only option.

Is it actually possible to have an abscess 2-3 years after it first developed? I'd have assumed it would dissipate after a time.
  4. Prodiver

Prodiver Top Contributor

Yes - the pus becomes encapsulated. Sometimes the contents are slowly resorbed by the body, but often a big abscess just goes quiescent.