1. While members here are knowledgeable, they are not doctors and are not able to diagnose or recommend treatment for medical conditions. Please consult a health care professional rather than risk your health.

Sterile Abscess And Scar Tissue

Discussion in 'Injuries, Health & Personal Care' started by Kaotik, Dec 28, 2013.

1. Kaotik

Kaotik Top Contributor

A few years ago I jabbed an oil into my stomach, this then turned into a sterile abscess which I ended up squeezing around 4ml of crap out of it.

Since then I've had a hard lump underneath the skin (prob 2 inches wide by 1 inch thick, actually feels like part of my abdominal muscle) which has lately been giving a bit of jip, I mainly notice it when having a drink and bloated. Gives sort of an uncomfortable feeling, usually worsen it myself by prodding around.

Now I'm almost certain this isn't a hernia and as I say it developed after the abscess formed in the same place to the right of my bellybutton.

Is there anything I can do to reduce scar tissue other than having it surgically removed?

Cheers

2. Prodiver

Prodiver Top Contributor

Sounds like a big blind abscess - containing a lot more than 4 ml of pus.

Best have it excised.

3. Kaotik

Kaotik Top Contributor

Thanks for the reply, feared that would be the only option.

Is it actually possible to have an abscess 2-3 years after it first developed? I'd have assumed it would dissipate after a time.

4. Prodiver

Prodiver Top Contributor

Yes - the pus becomes encapsulated. Sometimes the contents are slowly resorbed by the body, but often a big abscess just goes quiescent.