Where Do I Go From Here?

MrMike

Ok - looking for abit of guideance / advice from the members of this board..

I am currently sitting at 89kg and about 17/18% BF - holding most of my fat around mid section top half of me looks ok, my goal is to compete in a show, probably classic class by the time i hit 30 (2 years).

I've been reading alot of conflicting advice regarding the best way to gain a decent amount of size, some people advocate eating everything in site not worrying about BF levels then slowly cutting down, others advise getting lean before bulking as once lean your body is in a better state for gaining lean muscle tissue?

So my question is, if you where in my position 28 yrs old, 89kg. 5ft 11 and 18% BF looking to compete what would your next step be? lean down to say around 10-12% then set about an 18 month lean bulk? or try and obtain maximum size now and have a length cut in 18 months time?

Open to advise from all so thanks in advance - once i get my a plan together i will start a log with updates/pictures detailing my journey.

Mike

what BF would you diet down too Jim? i always assumed i was around 14/15% max but after having calipers done and coming back at 17% i was a little shocked.

Do you think people with higher BF (bodybuilding wise) are more geared towards retaining more fat then say someone with a low level of BF?

Get down fairly close to contest body fat levels.
Then you know what parts are there and your current look.
Then build up slowly gaining .5% bf or so every month this will allow nice lean gains.

Do you think 24 months is enough of a time frame to acheive a pshique worthy of steppong on stage? im guessing at 5' 11 i would need to be 85kg+ and LEAN ?

what BF would you diet down too Jim? i always assumed i was around 14/15% max but after having calipers done and coming back at 17% i was a little shocked.

Do you think people with higher BF (bodybuilding wise) are more geared towards retaining more fat then say someone with a low level of BF?
Yep
The fatter you start out the fatter you'll get.
Caliper are poo method of testing bf
I'd say you wanna be close to 10% before thinking about adding size
Altho it's about what the mirror says nit the scales or calipers etc

There is no reason why with a few macro and timing manipulations and some cv etc that you can't do a little of each...
Lean out as you grow

Do you think 24 months is enough of a time frame to acheive a pshique worthy of steppong on stage? im guessing at 5' 11 i would need to be 85kg+ and LEAN ?
Dnt know
I'm 85.5k peeled at 5.4 and a bit

Pop some pictures up f you have any.

As above though lean down and build slowly and keep fat gain manageable. will make dieting easier. I have done the other way and it isn't ideal!

Pop some pictures up f you have any.

As above though lean down and build slowly and keep fat gain manageable. will make dieting easier. I have done the other way and it isn't ideal!
You also have more room to grow if that makes sense.

Going gym after work i will take a couple of pictures and post them up - Im not as fat as i sound at 18% lol

All about diet then from what the experienced guys are saying in here

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411632510.944425.jpg

Shit pic but get idea... Fat?

it depends how you feel mate, the quikest way is get bigger then diet imo, but its weather you feel ok with the fat levels..

ino from experience getting lean than growing is a pretty delicate skill, i always want to eat loads after a harsh diet and end up puttin fair bit back on so for me personally this method wouldnt work

Back