Whey 50g
200ml semi skimmed milk

Post workout
3 slices medium whole meal bread
5 eggs boiled

Before bed
Whey 50g

Works out to 2940 cals 304g protein, 227g carbs 90g fats
Have an active job, train push, pull legs cardio after push and pull workouts 20 mins burning roughly 380 cals or so the machine says
Any advise would be appreciated will post a starting pic tomorrow

Looks great to me. I’d save my banana and whey and have it all immediately on completion of workout, followed by the rest of the post workout 10 mins later if it was me, as it’s a nice little insulin spike right when you need it.

But it might be that you feel steadier as you are.

Put it there cause I have 4 hours at work from dinner to getting home to eat wanted something in between but maybe have the banana straight after training and keep the whey shake where it is or will the 4 hours or so without anything not really matter?

Put it there cause I have 4 hours at work from dinner to getting home to eat wanted something in between but maybe have the banana straight after training and keep the whey shake where it is or will the 4 hours or so without anything not really matter?

That makes sense. 4 hours wouldn’t worry me personally, especially given that the other meals are really evenly spaced, but some people prefer a steadier intake than me — it doesn’t effect MPS and I feel a bit more energy and a better appetite when I’m not constantly eating. I also like getting as much as I can in around the workout, so if I’m restricting kcal I ‘save things up’ for then, especially carb sources and whey, which both kick insulin in.

Again though, it looks good as is, so don’t worry too much about it at all — and good luck with the cut!

Not too sure how the insulin thing works but do you think it would be better to drop some oats from breakfast and add them to the prework seeing as I train about 7pm? Thanks

id just change the eggs & whey around on last 2 meals personally. 5 eggs pre bed & the whey pwo. even swap bread out for something nicer.. cereal bars or crumpets/bagels with jam

looks decent though. enough cals to play with & drop as the weeks go on.. starting with the milk lol

I'll give that a go swapping the eggs and whey, hate oats without milk lol, I seem to burn a lot of calories, using calorie calculators 3k cals should be about maintence lol

First week

Attachments

• IMG_3112.PNG
    IMG_3112.PNG
    1.4 MB · Views: 374
Not too sure how the insulin thing works but do you think it would be better to drop some oats from breakfast and add them to the prework seeing as I train about 7pm? Thanks

I wouldn’t, personally, oats are fairly fibrous and filling, and slow releasing — would need to eat them well before and the more you add the longer they’ll sit on you, if that makes sense.

I’d try your original for say 4 weeks and adjust as you feel. You’ll soon see if it’s wirking for you.

That makes sense. 4 hours wouldn’t worry me personally, especially given that the other meals are really evenly spaced, but some people prefer a steadier intake than me — it doesn’t effect MPS and I feel a bit more energy and a better appetite when I’m not constantly eating. I also like getting as much as I can in around the workout, so if I’m restricting kcal I ‘save things up’ for then, especially carb sources and whey, which both kick insulin in.

Again though, it looks good as is, so don’t worry too much about it at all — and good luck with the cut!

Agree with this and I do exactly the same
I prefer training lighter and can go through the day with not too much food. I get hungry towards the end of the day so this is where I go most of my feeding. It just works for me and doesn’t effect performance or body composition
Diet looks ok, although I wouldn’t have so much whey, particularly before bed. It’s utilized in a few hours so the eggs before bed as Jan said would work better

Agree with this and I do exactly the same
I prefer training lighter and can go through the day with not too much food. I get hungry towards the end of the day so this is where I go most of my feeding. It just works for me and doesn’t effect performance or body composition
Diet looks ok, although I wouldn’t have so much whey, particularly before bed. It’s utilized in a few hours so the eggs before bed as Jan said would work better
Same i always eat lightish in work most me food when am home and post traning... just easier and feel better

Back