12 Week Transformation (to Become Lean And Grow An Awesome Beard)

Havnt upped it by much, I need to do it very slowly as I put weight on very fast, I've only added 2 bananas in per day so far, and a protein shake and to be honest I do feel better for it. I'll stick to this and see what weight does, hopefully this week will be my first week into proper routine, think I'm going to do thai boxing twice and weights twice a week.
@darkside good choice mate glad your enjoying the muay Thai

Posted using TMuscle App

Yes its really good, (i enjoy it even more than last time i did it years ago) had a week off while tattoo was healing but should be back at it tomorrow night.

Thai boxing tonight, think its boxing and clinch work, will be pretty much a solid hour of sparing, hopefully my wife gets out of work on time so im not late, might even do a quick 30 min weights session after, depends how busy it is.

Well didn't get to thai boxing tonight, the wife got out of work late so missed it, there's plenty of other classes on so will go another night, maybe tomorrow then Saturday. It was only boxing tonight anyway and I prefer full Muay Thai anyway.

Did 2 and half hours Thai boxing last night, it was brilliant probably best one yet, warmed up and stretched, then did pad work working on combo's, elbows, knees, kicks, then did over an hour of sparring, im aching this morning it feels like i did a full body weights session.
Will hopefully get to gym tonight for some squats.

Did 2 and half hours Thai boxing last night, it was brilliant probably best one yet, warmed up and stretched, then did pad work working on combo's, elbows, knees, kicks, then did over an hour of sparring, im aching this morning it feels like i did a full body weights session.
Will hopefully get to gym tonight for some squats.
Nice one mate.... Way to go buddy :cool:

Posted using TMuscle App

Went to the gym straight after work and did squats and bench.

Squats no wraps no belt
Bar x loads
60kg x 5
80kg x 5
100kg x 5
120kg x 5
Belt on
140kg x 2
160kg x 1
Wraps on
180kg x 1
140kg x 8

Was relatively happy, hand and wrist is feeling a lot more comfortable now, just need to build my strength back up.

Bench
Bar
120 x 2
100kg x 5 x 5
Decided to do 5 x 5 and think I'll stick to it from now and try up the weight every week, should get some decent growth and strength should hopefully go up too.

Incline dumbbell press
35kg x 10
Could feel pain in wrist but decided to go heavier
40kg x 8
The weight to press was relatively easy, but it was hard keeping control of the dumbbell in my injured hand, I can't seem to grip it properly with ring and small finger so it kind of wobbles about, but it's still a massive improvement.

Cable crossovers x 3 sets of 12

Standing calf raise x 3 sets finishing with drop set.

Should be going thai boxing tomorrow, will either stay behind and do some extra sparing or go up to weights room and do something in there.

do you think that the muay thai training is fatiguing your chest and shoulders for your lifting mate :confused: or are you having a good rest before the weights sessions.

do you think that the muay thai training is fatiguing your chest and shoulders for your lifting mate :confused: or are you having a good rest before the weights sessions.

So far it doesn't seem to be affecting it (but its really only my first week of doing both) will see how it goes, but don't think it will be a problem.

I find this when training muay thai/kickboxing, trying to work out weight workouts around the thai boxing was hard cos one affected the other and it was annoying.

I find this when training muay thai/kickboxing, trying to work out weight workouts around the thai boxing was hard cos one affected the other and it was annoying.

It must be possible though, I mean look at Alister overeem, I doubt he built that physique without weight training, I'll see how it goes though. Maybe easier if not natural, if it does start to become hard I'll just go on gear.:devil:

It must be possible though, I mean look at Alister overeem, I doubt he built that physique without weight training, I'll see how it goes though. Maybe easier if not natural, if it does start to become hard I'll just go on gear.:devil:

It's defo possible mate, it's just finding the right balance.

What helped me in end was if I was kickboxing Wednesday I would do it on the afternoon or night then the Monday before I would do chest and shoulders on the morning, so leaving 2.5 days in between.
I would train l legs day after and never before.

It's defo possible mate, it's just finding the right balance.

What helped me in end was if I was kickboxing Wednesday I would do it on the afternoon or night then the Monday before I would do chest and shoulders on the morning, so leaving 2.5 days in between.
I would train l legs day after and never before.

Well I trained squats and bench yesterday dinner time and am off thai boxing in an hour so will see if it affects me.

Well did another 2 hours of thai boxing today.
Pad work (combos followed by 100kicks with each leg)
Sprints while being held back
Sprints with someone on back
Clinching and sparing
V sit ups while getting smashed in the body by the thai kick pads
50 press ups
50 chin ups
Could definitely feel it a bit in shoulders from yesterday's training when doing pad work, but wasn't an issue could just feel it in my muscles.

A bit of progress on my hand grippers

Heavy grips 200 attempt

Couldn't even move it 2 weeks ago, just realised its only 2.5 months since i had my cast off.

Back