1. Click here to see our list of sponsors. If you decide to use one of the companies listed, please support TMuscle by clicking on one of the links provided.

4 Weeks Off From Gym What To Expect

Discussion in 'General Bodybuilding' started by J1mmyc, Dec 21, 2016.

1. J1mmyc

J1mmyc Full Member

I've been away from the gym for a 3 weeks today due to a freak accident at work which fucked both wrists up anyways was advised by my doctor to not go gym for a month so been a good boy even tho I'm absolutely chomping at the bit to get in there

What kind of strength decrease can I expect I've still be sticking to a decent diet of 300g protein a day and 300g carbs with a few cheats nothing major, I've been on a cruise dose of test aswell so I don't think I would of lost that much muscle just looking a little flat which is pissing me off

Asrar likes this.

2. Sjundea

Sjundea Top Contributor

I'd say give it a couple of weeks and dependent upon injury you'll be back to where you were.

J1mmyc likes this.
  3. G-G

G-G Competitor

Training Log:
    Click Here
    After a prolonged layoff or injury I'd always just get back in at around 50% of previous and take it from there. Trying to jump straight back in with both feet will only end badly so go, get a pump on and start adding 10% a session until you're back to full strength

J1mmyc likes this.
  4. DLTBB

DLTBB Full Member

Training Log:
    Click Here
    Depends on your calorie intake really.

I would just hover around maintenance calories or slightly below for the 4 weeks so you don't put any fat on.

You're not going to lose much actual muscle mass in 4 weeks. You'll probably look flatter or a bit deflated but once you're back in the gym and in a surplus the water/glycogen/fullness will return in no time and you'll be back where you left off very quickly IMO. Strength might have dipped but again that will be back within weeks. You'll probably get bad DOMS for the first week.

If anything the 4 weeks off will probably do you some good to heal any little niggling issues/injuries. It really won't set you back much at all.

JustJ and J1mmyc like this.
  5. flynnie11

flynnie11 Top Contributor

my number one goal would be not the add any fat

I would prob loose weight on purpose

so i would probably do a keto or low carb

you will prob loose bit of muscle but you will gain it all back in a few weeks especially since on PEDS

just use the gym to relax and enjoy

J1mmyc likes this.
  6. Mr mac

Mr mac Forever dadbod Top Contributor

Training Log:
    Click Here
    4 weeks off?
    Probably lost minimal. Just don't go straight in trying to hit a PB. I take 4 weeks between sessions anyway. That mentzer approach to lazy training

J1mmyc likes this.
  7. J1mmyc

J1mmyc Full Member

Was a freak accident got out of van at work (postman) and my wrists locked couldn't move them for a minute or 2 then they released which caused me to strain tendons and ligaments doctor said my tendons must of been cold it was -2 when was working and never had gloves on so My own fault really

Tbh the break has done me good never had a real break since end of prep in September so my joints etc are feeling great

Bloods have all come back in range so I'll be back on cycle till after comp next year

I'll start at 50% see how I get on first week thanks for advice lads

8. doink

doink The fagottrey is overwhelming Top Contributor

Strength will defo have taken a hit but you won't have lost much physique wise you can't undo in a couple of weeks.

Just get back in there and hit what you can, if you need to work lighter or in a different rep range just get it done.

Main thing is getting back in and getting tre ball rolling, it's business as usual from there on. Don't sweat it.

J1mmyc likes this.
  9. J1mmyc

J1mmyc Full Member

I've lost weight due to walking round all day no doubt about that

I've also kept hgh in at 4iu a day so should be ok just looking flat is head fuck

10. JANIKvonD

JANIKvonD Top Contributor

take a few weeks to get back to where you were. rest likely done you world of good though & will surpass previous PBs once you back in the swing

11. J1mmyc

J1mmyc Full Member

I'll be flying past my pb's I'm going big this year gear, hgh, slin, peptides all high doses make or break year this year for me competing wise

I've smashed the overtime at work and earnt enough to pay for all my supply of gear hgh slin the lot so not a waste of time totally

noel, doink and JANIKvonD like this.
  12. JANIKvonD

exact same here mate. 2017 im pushing everything & just slapping on as much muscle as possible. see how the cards lay in 2018 on the competing front (back of the mind rite now)

J1mmyc likes this.
  13. J1mmyc

J1mmyc Full Member

I think I read before u enjoy slin and respond well to it same as me slin and hgh has been a massive game changer in past year for me just gonna keep pushing it and see what happens and keep eye on bloods every 2 months might get my arse read to do a journal at some point

JANIKvonD likes this.
  14. JANIKvonD

love insulin. just transforms my physique. only doing pre 10iu rite now, but ill be pushing it after the holidays! never used GH

def get a journo up!

noel likes this.
  15. TwoCanVanDamn

TwoCanVanDamn Top Contributor

I had two months off recently with an injury

Not much to report at all physique wise, barely lost anything

Strength was back up to pretty much normal by the third week I think

Never as bad as you expect it to be pal