4500 Cals A Day 200g Fat Is Ok?

I need around 4.5k cals a day for bulking and I have zero appetite so I force feed everything I often get so tired of eating and end up repulsed by everything so today is another switch up for a new fresh diet.

320g protein 320g carb 200g fat (roughly) i dont track it really just plan what foods to eat an try stomach it.

Just curious what you bigger guys think of the high fat diet (consisting of monos an polys btw limited saturated) is this a hindrance to muscle gain vs extra carbs? I have carbs mostly around workout, before, during and after. I've never understood why people seem to often favour carbs when they serve no purpose other than energy and insulin response. Obviously insulin can be very anabolic but for me I can get by with 300g carb a day with 100iu lantus an 100iu humalog so it seems pointless to do more carbs. Whereas fats are required for muscle growth

Atm im not on slin but if I were id obv have carbs with each dose. So atm just focus around workout.

200g fat fine? I weigh 110kg, 5 foot 11 Prob 15% as a high estimate

You use 100 units of lantus and humalog a day? Or have done? And on only 300g carbs?

I'd have no appetite atall on 200g Fats lol, would slow my digestion right down
I'd rather swap 100g of those Fats for another 225g carbs could easily put that around your training

Insulin will store alot of that fat so my guess its a bad idea that high, also fat burning using slin is almost zero..i cant see the benifit tbh, you could end up storing visceral fat around organs etc, ide go high carb high protein if it were me...and limited fat.

Insulin will store alot of that fat so my guess its a bad idea that high, also fat burning using slin is almost zero..i cant see the benifit tbh, you could end up storing visceral fat around organs etc, ide go high carb high protein if it were me...and limited fat.

Yeah man I agree - not on slin atm but when I am its more 5-600 carb an 100 fat. Some say this is bad but again not exactly sure why when its only excess of calories that will store fat it doesn't matter if carb or fat right? It won't be visceral fat either thats mostly from saturated I think? Whereas I have largely polys such as the omega 3s (lots of liquid oil)

But i was more curious about this amount of fat off of slin. As I am just struggling to pack food in me, fat being high cal seems to be the easier route for me

You use 100 units of lantus and humalog a day? Or have done? And on only 300g carbs?

I'd have no appetite atall on 200g Fats lol, would slow my digestion right down
I'd rather swap 100g of those Fats for another 225g carbs could easily put that around your training

Not on it atm but yea, last time I was on slin I used 100 lantus an 85-100 humalog - using it with every meal in the day. I found that since protein an carb consumed together, both requiring insulin that I only needed a small amount of carbs for my bloods to be normal.

It would imply some sort of inuslin resistance but thats also when running 5iu hgh Ed.

Taking some time off both an on 1000mg metformin 2* a day until sensitivity is back- will be doing low carb cut and dnp too in a few months (just 1 week of dnp) to aid in that.

Great point tho! I'd not thought about the alow digestion from the fat. Maybe this is why I am permanently full volume is the issue I find, need really dense food but its a challenge! I have just 3 weeks left of the blast im on so I may see about trying to lower those fats an up the carb something easy to digest. Coco pops

A couple if things that jump out at me from your post
If you're struggling that much to actually even eat the food then are you at a point where you need to pull back a little and reset
Your body is telling you it can't use the calories you're trying to give it so are they going to good use anyway?
Simon is right, eating all those fats is gonna make you feel fuller and slow digestion
Are there not any carb sources that digest easily for you?
You can easily get in 150g carbs in a workout shake with HBCD and you won't even notice it
Then 150g of low fat cereal pwo and you've nearly hit 300g carbs
Also having easily digestible protein like whey, egg whites, fish etc rather than red meats will help
Having said all that, I dont see why what you saying couldn't work at the end of a bulk where you're just trying a final push to max out calories
I've dont it myself when I literally couldn't eat any more carbs and started using oils, nut butters and avocado to get more cals in
Dont think I went over 150g of fat though

A couple if things that jump out at me from your post
If you're struggling that much to actually even eat the food then are you at a point where you need to pull back a little and reset
Your body is telling you it can't use the calories you're trying to give it so are they going to good use anyway?
Simon is right, eating all those fats is gonna make you feel fuller and slow digestion
Are there not any carb sources that digest easily for you?
You can easily get in 150g carbs in a workout shake with HBCD and you won't even notice it
Then 150g of low fat cereal pwo and you've nearly hit 300g carbs
Also having easily digestible protein like whey, egg whites, fish etc rather than red meats will help
Having said all that, I dont see why what you saying couldn't work at the end of a bulk where you're just trying a final push to max out calories
I've dont it myself when I literally couldn't eat any more carbs and started using oils, nut butters and avocado to get more cals in
Dont think I went over 150g of fat though

Yeah man for sure, this is a final push on a bulk for me for 4 weeks before I bring things back abit - having been eating 4k for most of the bulk so just an extra 500 a week now but I think it is a mixture between mental health & trenbolone killing my appetite, so force feeding becomes very laborious after a while.

I won't have any whey until new year likely, week or so but in just drinking 3 litres of protein cashew milk a day instead (50g / litre) which is easy calories an protein tbf.

I'm a vegetarian too which adds to the difficulty of protein targets. But I found some decent microwave lentils an chickpea mixes which are small dense an packed with protein, mixed with 100g 50% reduced fat cheese (lol) its a relatively small meal but equates to 116g protein with the milk

Intra workout used to be 50g whey 50g dextrose but atm just 50g clear whey but both give me terrible bloat an burps no idea why. Doable tho an will return to it once I buy some whey (nasty mixing dextrose with clear whey) - what is this HBCD you mention for adding to the shake?

Intra workout carbs or nightly carbs (an protein) sounds like it could be a good solution an pull back the fat poss to 150. There must be some powdered tasteless easy digestible carb that can be added to a shake for this purpose without reeking havoc on my blood sugar?

Thing is with the calories etc im not gaining fat, probably like 15% maximum but the scales are stalled an I wanna see them tick up abit more while on the end of the blast. Make the most you know.

Appreciate everyone's replies and advice here

HBCD = highly branched cyclic dextrin
Or cluster dextrin
Its a very easily digested powdered carb that doesn't spike blood sugar like regular dextrose
Only drawback is its much more expensive than your regular high GI carbs
Essential amino acids or peptopro would be a better option to whey intra again due to digestion
Dropping the tren now and letting it taper down will also help
You'll still get the benefits as it starts to leave your system and should help get some appetite back
Gotta way up the risk to reward so to speak

HBCD = highly branched cyclic dextrin
Or cluster dextrin
Its a very easily digested powdered carb that doesn't spike blood sugar like regular dextrose
Only drawback is its much more expensive than your regular high GI carbs
Essential amino acids or peptopro would be a better option to whey intra again due to digestion
Dropping the tren now and letting it taper down will also help
You'll still get the benefits as it starts to leave your system and should help get some appetite back
Gotta way up the risk to reward so to speak

Sounds spot on man I appreciate it gonna drop the tren 1/3 lower this week then run it at 300mg/week (no sides for me here or 600 tbf) but 300 is enough - do that for 2 weeks more than the hard push on the bulk to retain the mass then bring it down entirely just on abit of a test cruise for a while.

Will look into the HBCD & peptopro you mentioned too - they sound good for me never even heard of them but nice one mate. Hopefully have meself sorted soon

Sounds spot on man I appreciate it gonna drop the tren 1/3 lower this week then run it at 300mg/week (no sides for me here or 600 tbf) but 300 is enough - do that for 2 weeks more than the hard push on the bulk to retain the mass then bring it down entirely just on abit of a test cruise for a while.

Will look into the HBCD & peptopro you mentioned too - they sound good for me never even heard of them but nice one mate. Hopefully have meself sorted soon
Anything that effects appetite is detrimental on a gaining phase imo
If you can't eat enough then using all the drugs in the world is wasted
If I've read that corrrct you're using 900mg of tren?
I dont think anybody needs to use that amount tbh, especially for aesthetic purposes
You say above, 300 is enough so not sure why you'd put yourself through the shit of nearly 1g if 300mg is enough
Like I said its risk v reward and my personal opinion is that people should use the least amount possible to reach their goals
More isnt always better in this game

Last edited:
I need around 4.5k cals a day for bulking and I have zero appetite so I force feed everything I often get so tired of eating and end up repulsed by everything so today is another switch up for a new fresh diet.

It reminds me my diet. I was simply adding something new, and it became more interesting for my mind.

Back