5 assistant exercises to help propel your squat!

Great article mate :)

My only concern is that as a raw lifter box squats did hardly anything for me, I think they're immense for an equipped lifter but not so great raw. A lot of raw lifters share that opinion too. I found pause squats to be a nice alternative :)

quick Wendler quote: '
That brings me to something that I've learned the hard way- the box squat transfers better to a geared free squat than to a raw free squat. I've seen this in my own training and countless others. Remember, a squat suit will stop you in the hole, much like a box would. And the suit/briefs will rocket you out of the hole, too.'

Hmmm you see I still think they do alot for me raw, if you can teach yourself to be explosive when there is no stretch reflex present, then when there is a stretch reflex the power out the hole is going to be improved regardless if your raw or equipped, thats obviously just my opinion and its not going to work for everyone, as they say many ways to skin a cat etc...

But I do agree geared lifters will get more out of it, just doesnt mean raw lifters wont.

Back