1. Click here to see our list of sponsors. If you decide to use one of the companies listed, please support TMuscle by clicking on one of the links provided.

8 Sets Per Week

Discussion in 'General Bodybuilding' started by Pie ead, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Pie ead

Pie ead Full Member

just started push pull, hamstrings with push and quads with pull and it's going pretty good,

My question is is 8 to 10 sets per week enough for hams I only do sldl .? I split them up to twice a week as I train 4 times per week. Cheers

2. noel

noel Top Contributor

have you set this up yourself or a coach ?

are you doing leg press, squats, deadlifts (regular) any lunges or glute work??

Pie ead likes this.
  3. Pie ead

Pie ead Full Member

No mate I set it up and it seems to be working, I do 12 sets hack squat over the week 8 sets of leg extensions, about twice a month il throw some hex bar dreads in where in do full reps,
    Can't do reg dreads due to hip problems

4. noel

noel Top Contributor

ok but what I am eluding too is you are getting some work in there (secondary and maybe even more than that) via the hex and hacks...

personally I do some assistance also as I find the isolation helps (some seated or lying curls)....generally first as I can get a bit tight if I just hit SLDL first or any real leg stuff... but if its working and your batting it hard hard and heavy no reason why it cant....

pooley1810 and Pie ead like this.
  5. Pie ead

Pie ead Full Member

No mate at the moment im varying reps

6. pooley1810

pooley1810 Top Contributor

Could also throw in super sets, so you're basically doing 2 exercises in 1. Maybe a lower rep compound followed by a higher isolation move.
    But as Noel said, if this is working and you're happy then only change it when you feel you need to

Pie ead and noel like this.