1. TMuscle acknowledges the use of AAS (anabolic and androgenic steroids) POMs (prescription-only medicines) and other performance-enhancing substances in bodybuilding today. It aims to provide reliable information on their safe administration, side effects and dangers.

TMuscle does not approve or support the unlawful supply, possession or use of any drug.

Members may report and describe factually their experiences with AAS and brands of AAS and POMs.

Members may not offer to supply or facilitate the unlawful supply of AAS, POMS or other controlled drugs on TMuscle or its messaging systems.

A Little Help - If You Can Spare The Time...

Discussion in 'Anabolic Steroids & Prohormones' started by arrowandthesong, Oct 25, 2017.

1. arrowandthesong

arrowandthesong

Hi, I am a PhD student with Bournemouth University. I am hoping to find participants for my research study, which is open to anyone 18 years and over who uses anabolic steroids
    Simon has kindly given me permission to post my survey information on this forum. I know this is a lengthy post but I wanted to be open and upfront about the research. The study specifically seeks investigate steroid users’ thoughts on and experiences of using steroids, the types of support available for people who use AAS and seeks to identify the types of support steroid users want.

The survey
    : https://goo.gl/w8N5A1 this will take you to a participant information sheet (with more detail) and the anonymous survey. You can also share this link with others.

More information: For people who want to build muscle and choose to use AAS to help achieve their aims the support appears limited outside of forums. An my initial review of the academic literature highlighted that there was little information drawn from asking people who use AAS what they actually want and need and that people who use AAS often feel discriminated against when they seek support from professionals (or that they lack knowledge) or that services are not focussed on their needs.

Benefits: Whilst there are no immediate benefits for those people participating in the project, it is hoped that this work will lead to a broader understanding of the support that AAS users would value. Being involved in the research does mean giving up a little time to fill in the survey. However, the questionnaire is anonymous, you do not have to give any information you do not wish to, and no questions relate to the purchase of AAS.
    I hope that you will take the time to complete and also share the survey, as people start taking steroids for many reasons, and whilst there are many who already receive all the information they need and are clear of the motivations and of how to use steroids, there are those who may like more support. The study has been granted ethical approval by the Bournemouth University Ethics Committee.

There is an opportunity at the end of the survey to take part in further research if helping to find support for people who use steroids is of something that you feel is vitally important.

Please feel free to contact me if you wish for more information: email: harveyo@bournemouth.ac.uk or via twitter: @arrowandthesong

Thank you

2. arrowandthesong

arrowandthesong

I just wanted to thank all those who have participated in and/or shared this study.
    There is still time to share your views - if you should choose to do so - https://goo.gl/w8N5A1

The survey will close on Monday 3rd September.
    Best wishes to you all