Advice

Daniel Rafferty

i am 19 years old 5 foot 9/10, around 10 stone 2/3, i train 4 days a week usually to a good intensity, when it comes to food i feel as though i am either binging or starving myself as i go from one extreme to the other, every time i eat i get food guilt afterwards even if i eat after my dinner i feel fat and unhealthy and immediately try to compensate this by eating leas the next day however im feeling now i cannot really keep it up and am starting to go the other way, i always compare myself to others and what they eat and i always feel like i am eating way more, although i try to stay pretty healthy, i was eating like 1800 calories 5 days a week and gorging on the weekend pretty much, now i feel like i eat 2500 maybe more during the week and still cheat on my eating at the weekend with fast food etc, what is your guys advice and is this common?

Have you made a similar thread before?
I remember a thread very similar in recent weeks. Think you clocked on quick!

Screenshot_2017-05-24-20-11-12.png

Started on May 17th.

Last edited:
Ur still growing buddy ur intake of food cud be down to training and metabolism. However I can remember ur last thread so is it possible or have u been told ur bingeing or is this how u feel .until u get an expert opinion no one really can say pal. My eldest boy eats non stop .15 yrs old and bodywise he's not huge so just a point to look at

Once you take your food slightly seriously you will make progress.

I probably do some kind of exercise for an hour a day at least. So training is 7 hours a week.

Each meal I have takes around 10 minutes to eat, so six meals is an hour a day.

I spend around 2ish hours on a weekend doing a big prep (cooking time too so not cooking constantly) for the week and then a top up prep mid week, maybe another 30 mins or so. That's 9.5 hours of effort on food.

Food is as big a factor as training, so do some prep and be consistent for a couple of weeks. Don't look at other people, they aren't you.

1) Make sure you are training hard and the routine is well put together. This is often overlooked as nobody likes to admit they arent training hard or that they're not doing the things that will progress them the fastest. Big difference to blasting 40 work sets of fluff and leaving the gym feeling fcked and dripping in sweat (even if it feels hard) to putting in the work on the harder multi joint compound exercises. Rest also needs to be factored in. Bust your arse on squats, hack squats, benchpress, military press, dips, deadlift and rows. Progress every week in different rep ranges from low (5 reps or so) to high (20 reps or so) Throw in some biceps work and you're well covered.

2) Eat lots of good food (meat, fish, eggs, veg, potatoes, rice etc) and throw in some extra kcals from junk if you feel like it/struggle to gain weight from eating 'clean'. Shakes with some whey, oats and peanut butter etc is an easy way of getting some calories in.

3) Commit to getting stronger and slowly increasing bw for a decent spell (dont chop and change daily, weekly or even monthly).

4) Do a bit of cardio a couple of times per week for general health and aim to be fairly active daily.

5) Dont need to be too anal about macros etc, just eat and get strong. Have an idea of what youre eating and cut back a touch if weight is shooting up too fast (say more than about 2lb per week as you're light for your height). Dont overthink it too much as you'll burn out. Plan your next session, train hard, eat plenty and switch off from gym related stuff away from that. If stress daily about calories and macros will just burn yourself out whilst taking all the fun out of it.

Back