Almost A Bodybuilder

general Pull type workout today, nothing too crazy, but to get blood moving and carbs into muscle

was 105.6kg on waking, so we dropped about 1kg of water from the low carb day.

tomorrow...800 carbs, protein up a little to 220g from 160 today........

will do an even lighter pump style workout of upper body, 1 exercise for each and a few warm ups, nada to failure....prob 30-40mins max in the gym total.....

flying at 2pm.....1.45mins flight time and no time zone changes............. then 10-15mins from the airport to the resort - which is very nice looking indeed.

Friday will be register and weigh in...then go to Pro Meeting with the Mrs and everyone else (most of the pros are the same faces that have done Japan and Sanya so its a good crowd).... tanning in the evening

food aim right now will be Pro/Fats for Friday to ensure midsection control..... my carb load is higher this time from lessons learnt in Sanya

easy carbs on hand if needed...... rice cakes, honey and jam, plus enough gummi bears to feed 100 children....
cant be too prepared!!

Sat schedule is a 10am start, will find out more. Prejudge will be done by 3pm....

Pro Prejudge will be 5pm then finals prob 7.30/8pm ....so once Adri and the MP Pro are done a few of us going to hit the South American restaurant I think in the resort for a steak fest....... which will be nice and well earned!

One show left next week in Taiwan...will see how I fare here first. I know my weaknesses and that needs an off season. Plus side is next week condition will be tighter still...... and also they have all 4 classic classes (so Class D being mine...6ft and over)

This weekend the negative is its 3 classes not 4 so they take 5ft 10 and above........so the taller lads from Class C will be in mine..... If I am competitive with those I may do the next show - and if I feel ok after as dehydrating etc each weekend isn't without risks (even though I am careful)........ last week a number of people passed out due to overzealous diuretic use, the show being outside and bloody hot and poor planning or stupid things like smashing high sodium foods in a buffet post show which then fucks you if using diuretics and can send potassium crashing or give you a heart attack.........

105.1kg on waking due to pissing all night..... so about 0.5kg down
look better so staying with the 700-800 carbs for today
water 5 litres
sodium a little less than normal so in half the meals rather than with every one.
no other changes planned, couple of coffees a diet coke etc......fly in a few hours....going for light pump style 30-40min workout now...

so did Shawn Rhoden, it was a 3 class rather than 4 class Classic, so I knew I was up against it - basically I am class D 6ft and over....this had some of the guys in it who are usually Class C , what's annoying is there were enough of us to do a class D....but hey ho....

was tighter, but didn't make Top 6, no excuses here the Top 6 were fucking amazing, 4 Iranian, 1 Kuwaiti and 1 Saudi.... and ALL of these chaps would be Class C....

second call out, I was in, and bar 1 guy (Norwegian chap) was all Class D guys!!, 1 Asian guy, Nigerian based in Asia and the rest Iranian. Fucking tough! looked ok in a couple of poses - and got murdered in a few others (side shot, arms in front double - back not bad but still a couple of beasts. All good fun

best bit was changing area and chilling area was tiny, so ended up with myself, one of the Pro Men's Physique guys (a chap from Aus with a very promising career ahead) and the Mrs - who got us into her Changing room with 3 of the top 5 from Bikini Olympia- so as you can imagine I was gutted to have to spend time chilling with beautiful women in a VIP Changing room (mirrors chairs, sofa, food brought to us on demand etc) LOL

with that all said and done, was a bit bittersweet, would have been first call if we were a Class D, but got done in effectively an 'open' classic class... all fair as I know my limits and a lot of these chaps are pro level easily. So rather then just run myself down for another week of prep and do Taiwan im calling it a day on the season (as pointless to do another mixed class - I wont be any different in a week, just tighter - and it wasn't condition that was my problem. Few pics on insta (crappy from the TV backstage) as waiting for the professional pics... but I looked better than last week, better than last year... two consecutive wegih ins around the 105kg mark (almost 10kg more than my comps a year ago). I didn't look out of place - weaknesses of course - but I have room to improve and for once I have more weight allowance - I haven't come close to maxing out the class.... I made weight easy...no effort - so I know another decent offseason and I can still creep into the class with a touch of work - which is what I need.

been a fucking cool last few weeks as its been the same faces from Pro Bikini and Pro Mens Physique (inc mr Olympia Brandon Hendrickson - who is a good guy - way better and less arrogant than Buendia, who I think is a tool). Every time it just amazes me how big these boys are. monsters for the most part who would bury most AM Bodybuilders. Met some cool people, Mrs has done well (hard to crack top places when you have 5 of the Olympia Top 10 on stage!) clients done well (1 new pro, a class win and a 2nd place plus a 3rd place in amateur) and got some good insight into how some other coaches do things as well as learn about my body.

both of us need a rest now, so off to Micronesia in a weeks time for a nice weeks break.

Plan now

this week - back in the gym every other day
did a pull session today, sets to failure but mostly 1 working set. slowly build strength back up

food - same as training days pre contest but added in an extra 100 carbs

post show had a cheat meal and a few bits then back on track

weight 107.4 this morning so as you can tell no post show bloat or huge rebound from shit eating ..

drugs. Orals all out - Adex backed off to 0.5 EOD this week then x3 a week next week

GH back in

Long Ester Test 300mg and Mast 200mg once a week remains....

using up any opened bottles so I have maybe 2 shots of eq 400 (once a week for 2 weeks)
tren ace 75mg EOD until I go and mast prop alongside it

this will all be used up by the time I go away - only constant will be the Test 300 and Mast after that for a sort of cruise while I regain a little tissue slowly

once back will cruise then plan a blast (most likely test and NPP)

food will add another 100g next week, still have 2 low days per week and while away just literally chill - first time both of us can relax and not have prep on our mind for ages.

for those who don't have Insta, 3 of me (far right in bottom 2 of the 3 pics), mrs and the ladies, overall winner (new IFBB Pro from Korea)

src 1.jpg
src 2.jpg
src 3.jpg
sanya.jpg
sanay Pro.jpg
sanya medal.jpg

107.6kg on waking

legs
trying to push hard but be sensible..so the odd set less or just cautious with weights, due to shows its my first legs since mid November....stopped a week out and then due to travel and preps or "peak weeks" (hate that term but you know what it means)... just did some pumpy bits in between shows

Laying Leg Curl 85 1x11, 1x9 (not bad as this is max weight, was doing two sets here but for more reps)
Facing hack....6 plates 1x9, 6 plates a side 1x6. this felt fucking heavy, off my best weight and reps but to be expected,
Leg press 8 plates a sides 1x12, 1x8, as above...felt like an elephant but decent start point
Leg Extension 95 1x10, the TDS of 105/87/65 ...again just a shade off my bests
Hack was busy so binned it
Iso Ham curl 55lb each side 3 sets....
Rope Ab Crunch 3 sets

done
so missed 2 exercises as didn't have time, and dropped a set from the Leg Extension, bar that not a million miles away....

will basically just do the same over the next week, slowly increase things , check form and feel, and push where I can. Then we are away for a week where ill train a bit but will be a bit more relaxed - and its xmas also so a few high cal days will be coming !

will get another Push workout in tomorrow, rest Sat, then Legs again sunday....

Leg Saturday - 2 time in 4 days having not trained them for almost 1 month

once again got a bit overzealous
warmup with squats, usual style of adding 10k a side until ready for working sets... got up to 60kg, did a 1 rep, felt ok, put 70kg, did one then as I went down a real pull on the inside off my groin, so bailed
rested a few mins, pulled it back to 62.5kg....same thing....bollox.... know my body well enough (had this a few times before over the years as pulled it years back) ......so that was that...

managed to do the rest, Lunges, Hex Deadlift, Sissy Squat, Seated Ham Curl and very light super wide leg press...so not all bad

rest day and family dinner at an awesome Argentinian.....

Pull
learned my lesson so aim is to make sure I feel it properly even if reps are a tad higher then if I do try a heavier set....
EZ Underhand Grip Pull down 107 1x10, 1x9
T Bar Row (Bar plus a close grip handle) 6 plates 1x4 , 5 plates 1x10
Wide Grip Lat Pull 97 1x10, 1x9
DB Facing on incline bench Row.....44kg 1x12, 1x11
U Bar Cable Row TDS ...1 set
One Arm hammer Row....1 set....4 plates a aside 1x16 (20 is target)
Pec Dec Rear Delts...1 RP set...57 12,7,3 reps
Preacher, bent over the flat side...EZ Bar Curl...1 QDS....25lb per side 1x8, 20lb 1x6, 15lb 1x8, 10lb 1x6
Calf Press ..2 sets
Hanging leg Raise...3 sets

good, a bit off PBs but will be starting to ramp things up as food increases slowly.... so will reset everything and use these weights as the 'to beat' numbers

off for a weeks holiday tomorrow - first beach breach for a while. Will still train a bit of course but will be very relaxed, food enjoyed etc

partly due to this have only made small increase post comp

weight hovering around 107kg, bit hungry of course but knowing I had the holiday was pointless to ramp up - then go away after a week. So means I can relax and eat and whatever I come back at is the start point...
I generally lose a little weight when away due to activity so I don't think ill be a million miles away

As Guam is part of the US, will just take a double dose tomorrow of Test and Mast to tide me over until we get back. Wont be risking it with US customs that's for sure

back from a week being lazy, enjoying one of the best beaches/sea ive ever seen and generally not doing a lot bar eat, stroll along a beach, trained twice....all very relaxing

come back refreshed, ready to rock

108.7kg this morning so gained a kilo and a bit...not bad going at all....

trained (only 5 hours kip BUT felt pretty good) today

re setting the numbers on pretty much everything. I know my old PBs but as I need to build up once more just treating all of these workouts now as new. So a new season so to speak. Goals clearly to top old goals but wanting to be positive I need to treat each sesh as exactly that. So improve from the last one, with the longer term goals in sight...

BB Bent Over Row..... 115lb each side 1x10, 125lb each side 1x7 (little off the PB of 150lb)
Barbell Shrugs 3.5 plates a side 1x10, 4 plates a side 1x10 (close to PB)
MAG pull down (Medium size) 107 1x9, 107 1x10 (this is actually on par with my "lifetime" best)
Hammer Row - machine is a little small for me ....TDS of 4 plates/3 plates/ 2 plates....11,12,14
Single Arm Cable Row ...35 1x15 (just off PB)
Facing (Laying) on slight incline bench DB rear delts....12kg 1x14, 14kg 1x12, 14kg 1x11
Concentration Curl TDS 16kg / 14kg / 12kg 9,7,4.....other DBs all in use
Hanging Leg raise 3 sets
Rope Abs 2 sets

not bad for first session back

work to do but form spot on everything which is goal for this, as the weights now slowly go up

gear is Test 325 and Mast Ent 200 for now..... no orals.......GH back in last night for first time in a week 5iu sent me into a proper deep sleep...like a baby....

will have a quick double check on whats left opened ...I think there might be like a shot of EQ, maybe two jabs of Tren Ace etc left..... ill just use those up rather than leave open when I check the box later on

Anti E wise....just 0.5 an adex twice a week for now

next few days will just be back to a proper diet and see where my weight is , and how I look by early next week before any changes are made

goal is very much the same as last year...off season to add some more size. Obviously love to bring arms up as they are pathetic still but that comes with overall mass too.... onwards we go

2019 Goals

Get bigger - simple.... got room to max the class, need more muscle .....so eat, train hard and stick it out
nothing on the cards again until year end where once more we have a ton of shows here
enables me to enjoy holidays a little more
to be able to support adri in her shows better
to be able to put more time into clients also which has expanded rapidly and me competing and trying to look after everyone just is not a runner really..

so last few workouts just ensuring all feels good before we start attacking things... recovery taking a bit longer, noticeably more sore - as you lose that on preps I find - and leaving the ego so if something doesn't feel right the weight is lowered a bit and we reset. Its taken me months of dieting to come down and strength was lost slowly so it will be sporadic - no need to rush as once food goes up more and gear gets raises I know I make some jumps.

right now cals kept the same as had a few extra bit on NYE (to make up for the yanks not provding half of what is a proper Christmas dinner)

109.6/110kg on waking which is lowish still for me. condition when training still very good but feel im closing in on that point of readjustment. Where now food and/or drugs need to rise once more (in my case both will happen)

Pull
Rack Pull 5 plates a side 1x6, 1x5
Pull Ups....10, 9
DB Pull over 44kg 1x10, 46kg 1x11
Wide Grip Lat PullDown...107 1x9, 107 1x7
Seated U Bar cable Row...1xTDS 107,87,67
Single Arm DB Row 40kg 1x15
Cable Station Rear Delt....3 sets of 15
Concentration Curl QDS 14kg/12kg/10kg/8kg 14,7,4,8
Calf Raise 3 sets

then we did

Push
Incline Bench 120lb es 1x8, 122.5lb es 1x7
Shoulder DB Press (seated) 46kg 1x11, 46kg 1x10
Dips...BW 1x15, 10kg Chain 1x14, 20kg chain 1x12
High incline Smith 90lb each side 1x15, 100lb es 1x9
Cable Fly.... 12.5 1x15, 15 1x15, 15 1x14
Tricep EZ Bar Push Down....45/38/31 10,8,8 then 1 arm push 7.5 1x15
Bent over Preacher EZ Bar Curl....35lb each side RP set....10,4
Seated DB Curl 16kg/12kg/8kg TDS
Rope Abs 3 sets

lovely

will be legs later today

once we get running will be looking at 1g test, 600-800g NPP....maybe 400-500 NPP and a shot of Deca or 200mg EQ on top. will kick off with 400 NPP, then add in a bit more , then try deca again (less shots) .... later in cycle might add some tbol in or SD pre workout for a few sessions - but if anything effects appetite negatively it goes. need to get the food in. Once food raised will build slin up to pre and smaller dose post.

just got to get through the packed Jan and early Feb volume explosion at the gym which as we all know can be very frustrating indeed..

Legs 2

Facing Hack/V Squat Machine....6 plates +10lb each side...1x10, 1x7
Leg press....neutral position .....8+10lb each side 1x11, 8+25lb 1x10
Leg Extension 95 1x10, TDS 110 / 95 / 80 8,8,4
Lying Ham Curl 85 (max) 1x11, 1x9
by this time gym was mobbed so
One Leg high Leg press 2 plates 1x12, 2.5 plates 1x12, 2.5 plates 1x11
Backies 3 sets
done....too many people...

all felt good, reps much slower than usual but still managed to add a little weight. I think the back end of this workout will end up being a bit varied due to the time, so I have the hack squat, maybe a smith front squat, an iso ham curl and the leg press to kind of play with....

Back