Almost A Bodybuilder

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by noel, Dec 29, 2016.

1. noel

noel Top Contributor

5-10 pre , same post if needed

for me usually just build up to 10 pre and thats fine , ill add weight and water and my training improves due to that. Im always careful and have a bag of haribo in my bbag (100 carbbs) plus i always intra (70-100 carbs) plus i eat pre and post.... i match my slin to my carbs.

sounds a lot and overly cautious but its very easy to get dehydrated here when its up to 34/35 outside PLUS almost 100% humity sometimes, so this can mess you up if you arent careful. never had an issue and if i have felt a bit werid hairbo on hand. job done

if new id advise 5iu, run for a week, match it to your carbs. then build up. leaner you are the more youll get out of it.

metformin on off days...500mg is enough. and do some lower carb rest days.... that way you can run for a long time

if using daily id run for spurts..... then have time off

i prefer fast acting just so i can limit the effects, rather than use long acting like Lantus. However thats popular and does work. Depends on your risk profile, goals and current bodyweight and bodyfat. Id put it at the more experienced end to be honest

Getbig25 and flash like this.

2. noel

noel Top Contributor

great weekend in Manila, hotel gym was awesome 8000 square foot health club.....so got in legs workout which was decent enough... lots of food just made sure i hit protein target mostly...carbs i just had with breaky and lunch or dinner...so very relaxed....

show was good, absolute tank of a Philippino won the overall and IFBB procard....after nicking a fantastic LHW class...canon balls for biceps...will walk straight into 212 and be competitive...

this was evening , post overall ....was sharper in AM...his BDB was silly..upper back crazy thick, truly 3D.
    tank.jpg

got a dose of politics too for my peeps. first time ive really seen it up close... Wont say too much but the panel got over-ruled by the head judge in both the Amateur class (which mine came 2nd in) and in the Pro show where another came 3rd (yet was 1st on a few cards)..... 2nd was fair.....as was apples and oranges.. in other show Physique girl took 4th in Pro Qualifier....again amazing improvement against some very tough girls...

anyway thats the sport.... plus side everyone improved from last time and looked great

did an interview with Mits Okabe which was fun, he was the photographer and video guy for Olympia for years and prob the best fitness videographer on the planet...looks like Mr Miyagi....

smashed 1kg Porterhouse for dinner post show with some of the guys and girls.....then 5am flight back, slept for entire flight, got woken 20mins before landing....lovely.

cycle kicking in and had best workout in weeks.....just a pull session but with weekend food, and the gear it was a boost,...bit of water but all good for making some progress...119.3kg on waking...

Last edited: Sep 30, 2019
  3. noel

noel Top Contributor

Workout was

MAG Grip (Medium) pull down...117 1x10, Stack 1x8
    Facing Incline bench DB row...52kg (max in gym) 1x10, 1x10...could do more but got a bit of tendonitus in left forearm...so had to be carful and let go a good few reps before lats failed...
    Pull ups...3 sets AMRAP
    Seated D shaped Bar ...stack 1x10, stack plus one small plate 1x8
    Rear Delts on Pec Dec Machine.. 72.5 1x12, 1x11, 1x12
    One Arm Bicep Curl on Cable ...10 1x12, 12.5 1x12, 1x9
    Calf Press on leg Pres...7 plates each side 1x12, 8 plates each side 1x12, 1x10....
    no time for abs..... so bailed

4. flash

flash Full Member

I do like the mag grip attachments. I feel you can get that bit extra pull in the last two or two

Seems to lock your hands right in but I guess that’s the idea of them

5. noel

noel Top Contributor

Yeah i like it, i use 3 grips on my Pull down rotation as only my weekend gym has a hammer pull i can fit into! So i have regular bar, MAG and underhand using an EZ shaped bar.... close grips are too small that it just becomes shoulders for me

Last edited: Oct 1, 2019
    flash likes this.
  6. flash

flash Full Member

I like the close grip and medium but If I go wide it puts too much pressure on my shoulder which I have an ongoing issue with. I do like underhand grip too on a straight bar

7. noel

noel Top Contributor

no gym other day due to the entire city on lockdown for protests, was like a zombie movie!....meant gyms all closed too..annoying

decent push session, first of the cycle....felt good

Smith machine seated shoulder press..137.5lb each side 1x10, 140lb each side 1x7
    Smith Slight Incline bench press...137.5lb each side 1x10, 140lb each side 1x8
    Tricep Seated Push Down machine Max 1x12, 1x9
    Slight Incline DB Fly....32kg 1x16.... 34kg next time then!
    Laying Cable Lat Raise 9.5 3x15
    Rope (dual) tricep push/pull downs 28 1x10, 1x12, 1x12
    Single Arm DB preach 22kg 1x9, 1x8
    EZ Bar +35lb es 1x15
    Abs .....
    Calf press...

119kg on waking

8. noel

noel Top Contributor

couldn't train Friday as the protest/rioting shut all the main malls and so we all got kicked out the office building early. Was then all shut Saturday including most supermarkets, ghost town feeling. Luckily SAS Noel woke up and predicted a run on the supermarkets so to keep anabolism in full swing we bought as much as we could to see out the long weekend (as its a holiday monday too), proved correct as by midday was a full run on the supermarkets with massive lines and most fresh produce all gone...

still not be stopped training

Pull
    Wide Late Pull ...stack 1x9, 1x6
    Rack Pull 5 plates, 1x8, 1x8
    D Bar Close Pull 117 1x9, 1x8
    Hammer Row 5 plates+10lb 1x12, 5 plates+25lb each side 1x11
    Lying DB facing bench Rear Delt....12kg 1x15, 1x13 ,1x11
    Single Arm DB Preacher Hammer 14kg 1x12, 1x11
    Toe Press on leg Press 8 plates a side 1x10, 1x8

Sunday
    Push
    Hammer Shoulder Press 75 1x13, 75+2.5kg plate (Max) 1x9
    DB Incline Press 55kg 1x10, 60kg 1x8
    Hammer Decline press 40 1x10, 45 1x9
    Pec Dec 96 1x14, 1x13, 1x10
    One Arm Cable Side Raise.....10 1x14, 1x10
    Tricep Machine Dip Press 82 1x15, 89 1x12
    Hammer Bicep EZ Machine (single arm) 40 1x15, 1x13
    Seated Calf press 30kg side, 3 x 12

still have minor Adductor strain, hurt when walking on incline or raise knee above hips....Physio Wednesday to assess so no legs until then - just going to rest - annoying but needed i think (and i fucking hate resting or taking days off)

no cheat meal this weekend, just with out a legs session i dont feel its been earned .....

weight steady 118.5kg last few days as body gets used to the cycle....

if this holds steady then end of week will up cals a bit, plus of course see what physio says.

All booked up for Korea...neither of us competing, but got client in mens physique and a friend is doing 212 pro so be good to support him , plus there is Open BB Pro also (Nathan De Asha expected to win i think) , then big korean BBQ after (basically Korean version of Wagyu beef cooked over a grill at your table), should be fun.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2019
  9. noel

noel Top Contributor

Adductor improved (im now not feeling it when walking and not in pain when rotatng leg) so put it through a careful workout

knew that heavy squat or leg press or hacks were out so plan was sub those for SLDL or similar...and then go through machine exrcises with a few more warm ups just to check each one....havent done legs for a week since the pull so was eager but also aware not to be cocky

pretty happy
    Laying Ham Curl...max 1x15, 1x14 (back to max strength)
    Leg Extension ...max 1x12, 1x10 (did extra set)
    SLDL 100kg total....3 x 15 ...ok, could have gone heaver but would have given me issues
    Hex bar deadlift for legs (so no big pull at top)....100kg total 3 x 15....again could have gone much heavier but think would have caused aggro
    leg press..15-20 reps ...just kept adding plates ....15 reps...got to 7 before i was aware of it in groin...so stopped here...did 3 sets....
    iso ham curl.....72.5lb per side.....2 x 10

bit more volume overall than usual but better than doing nothing and a few sets were maximal / equal to PB so thats good

physio tonight ...lets see what the advice is

Last edited: Oct 9, 2019
    Porky, Greedy Ben, pooley1810 and 2 others like this.
  10. noel

noel Top Contributor

Good news, just a strain on adductor, its been improving day by day and the leg workout plus physios assessment is cool as i fucking hate injuries...so its be smart, no squat or crazy heavy stuff (not that i can squat heavy at all at the best of times) for a week, then i can start to load back up again. Just got to stretch a little more (something i never do these days but will)

pooley1810 and huntingground like this.
  11. noel

noel Top Contributor

Pull
    good stretch to start
    Wide Grip Lat Pull...Max 127 1x8, 1x7
    Close Grip Bar Row - 6 plates - 1x7, 1x6
    Reverse Grip (palms facing) EZ Pull ....97 1x12, 107 1x11
    MAG (Medium) Cable Row 127 1x10, 1x9
    High Pulley Cable Row (rear delt) 31.5 1x15, 1x15, 1x12
    Single Arm Seated Bicep 14kg 2 x 15
    Leg press calf press 8 plates a side 3 x 12

118.5 on waking

pooley1810 and huntingground like this.
  12. noel

noel Top Contributor

diet increase as steady weight, on cycle and hungry....

looks like this now on training day....will just slowly up week by week as needed

Whey 50g
    Coconut Oil 10g
    Mixed Nuts 20g (or Maca Oil/nuts 50.50)

Beef 5% 250g
    Rice 180g cooked

Pre Meal
    Whey 50g
    COR or Gerber Baby Rice 80g
    Berries 65g

Intra
    PeptoPro or Hydrowhey 60g
    HBCD 75g
    Creatine 5g
    scoop of Xtend for flavour

275g Cooked Rice
    100g Cereal or Pot of Mango Sorbet
    1 Bagel

350g White Fish (barramundi is current favourtie)
    420g Potato (or 300g Potato and 1 banana)

Scoop Whey
    300g Fat Free Greek Yogurt
    40g of 100% Choc

I add either some stir fry veg or spinach to Beef and Fish meal
    Big spoon of SauerKraut or Kimchi to those meals too

noreason, mal, deano110 and 3 others like this.
  13. noel

noel Top Contributor

Push

seated lat riase 16kg 1x13, 1x12
    Hammer Incline Press 140lb each side 1x10, 127.5lb 1x11
    Low Smith incline Press 135lb each side 1x12, 1x12
    High Incline DB Press 42kg 1x15
    Pec Dec (rest pause) 102 1x12, 1x6, 1x2
    Single Arm Tricep Cable (rest pause) 12 1x12, 1x7, 1x3
    1 Arm Preach DB....22kg 1x10, 1x7
    Front Double Bicep on Cables 10 1x15, 1x15
    Cable Ab Crunches 31 3 x 15
    Calf Press

food up, strength up - all good. The happy part of the cycle where it all kicks in and everything starts to move and feel good

Porky and huntingground like this.
  14. mal

mal Top Contributor

Training Log:
    Click Here
    Similar diet to mine at the moment, i have egg whites with the white fish...you could add luicine annd hmb to shake..ive seen lots of studies on humans raising protein synthesis dramatically..ad luicine to all meals as well.

15. noel

noel Top Contributor

I get bored with eggs and for me having fish and chips is nice. Use airfrier for potato and it’s great

I do have moments where I bring them in. Prep etc but pain in ass and rather eat fish or chicken.

don’t both with leucine or anything else. Been there and done that and can’t say I notice much benefit bar extra hassle and money on things. I’ve done the whole 100 ingredient (almost) intra and happy with this right now. I see a benefit of your protein isn’t as high or maybe if your using shakes and milos insulin method

mal and Sjundea like this.