Almost A Bodybuilder

great weekend, Rugby - shite, Terminator - better than expected, cracking meal with my Bro/Sis inlaw and their little one, good few fights in the UFC. One girl one her class in Romania, but not overall, other one made her Pro debut and finished mid table, but none the less ahead of 12 other Pros... including some who have placed well recently... so that was very positive indeed.

Good Push session at weekend gym, machine focused as i can fit in them here...

Hammer Seated Shoulder Press....77.5 (Max) 1x12, 1x10
DB incline press 60kg 1x8, 1x6....first time taking these for a spin....
Hammer Decline press 45 1x9, 45 1x9
Pec Dec 96 1x15, 96 1x13, 96 1x10
One Arm Cable Side Raise 10 1x15, 10 1x14
Tricep Push on Gravitron/Assisted Pullup.....96 1x10, 1x9
Bicep Machine....didnt write down....2 sets of 15
Calf 3 sets

122.6 post sushi...that will come back in tomorrow am sure

Legs
Laying Ham Curl....MAX 1x18, 1x14
Facing V Squat....6 plates per side 110, 7 1x9 (new best)
Leg press.....11+25lb each side 1x10....very happy with that too
Leg Extension 130 (Max) 1x13
Iso HAM Curl....75 1x9, 1x8
Calf Press 8 per side 3 sets
ROpe Abs 3 sets (38 x 15)

another couple of solid workouts in the books, few new bests, very pleased there.

sorting bits out for next week as fly to Tokyo Wednesday - show is Sat/Sun (AMs on Sat and Pro Sunday)....we have 3 in Amateur and 1 in the Pro , plus a good friend doing the Mens Physique Pro -and of course then watch Open (James H will be repping the UK)......Mrs Visa finally through (being Colombian its a pain in the ass everytime unless its a moody country like Russia !), which is good and a weight off our mind....

Training wise will do my usual until the weekend then prob skip a days rest and do legs, then fly Wed, as have no time Wednesday to train so makes sense to have that as a rest day rather than Tues

Pull

Lat Pull (Wide Grip)...MAX 1x9, 1x9.....
Rack Pull....6 plates a side 1x4, 1x6......heavy but it was grip that fucked me, slipped on the penultimate rep each time, back was strong, arms fine, just my grip that opened up.......still thats the best ive done for a while....262kg....so happy with the number but this should be more reps.....
One Arm Hammer Row...5 plates+25lb each side...1x12, 1x10
Close Grip Pull Down 117 1x8, 1x7
Facing Bench DB Rear Delt....12kg 1x15, 14k 1x14, 1x11
Standing Hammer DB Curl 14kg 1x11, 1x10
Leg press Calf....8 plates 3 x 12

121.3 on waking, no real changes just i think being able to hit legs again hard, plus heavy pulls again (was being cautious due to adductor) mean im just holding a little more fluid - still its 6 weeks today of the cycle so into that sweet spot where everything is relatively high and had a few weeks of solid progression in training, back up to or close to PBs on bigger movements...

Push
Seated Shoulder Barbell press...117.5lb each side, 15 reps, easy!, so went straight for a triple plater and got 5....very happy
Inline Bench....115lb each side 1x10, 117,5lb each side 1x10, prob a bit more in that...125-130 i think but im spotterless, however in a rack....still after the shoulder press its decent enough, aiming to get that to 2 sets of triple plates very soon
Tricep Machine, Max 1x12
Cable fly Up - 13.75 1x15, 1x14, 1x12
EZ Tricep Cable push...38 1x15, 42 1x12....
EZ Bar Bicep Curl...+27.5lb each side 1x11
Rope Abs 3 sets

done, actually knackered tbh. all good though....rest day tomorrow , then will try and train 4 days on the trot before i fly out

pretty sad what going on here, its properly kicked off today, coppers shot a couple of students who decided it would be clever to attack armed old bill, then HK chinese (who mostly speak Cantonese) set fire to some bloke who dared to argue with some protesters (so he is a beijing sympathiser by their judgement). Whats happening is blatent racial attacks, local HKers are attacking people for arguing with them, for speaking Mandarin or for having a business that they think has links to the chinese mainland - so dont believe all the stuff thats going on about freedom fighters.....a lot is plain old mob justice led by students who are just out for a fight with the police..... old bill are going in hard as they have to...if this were London or New York the police would have shot a lot more and the Army would be out to sort this in a few days......

Legs ,

Laying Ham Curl 81 1x13, 88 1x9
Watson Hack....4plates a side 1x9, 1x8
Leg press 11plates +25lb 1x10
DUAL Leg extension 45 1x12, 45 1x12
ISO Ham 65 1x10, 70 1x7
Abductor 115 1x10, 125 1x8, 135 1x8....
no adductor yet
calf press seated 60kg total 3 x 15

good, improved and i think next time round can work adductor also but need to strengthen the abductors more
i didint realise i could adjust the angle of the Hack -only the plate, so thats good for next time as i can make more upright (it did feel lower than previously , so thats why!)

early gym today....due to shit outside

Pull
Medium MAG pull MAX 1x10, 1x8
DB facing dual row 52kg 1x14, 1x10....heaviest DB at my weekday gym sadly
Chin Up 7, 6
D handle bar cable row.....127 + 1 plate hanging from front.....1x12, 1x10 - i think i can get max of 3 extra plates on....will try
Rear Delt Machine 75 1x14, 1x11, 1x10
One Arm Cable Curl 10 1x15, 12.5 1x9
Leg press Calf Press/Toe press.....8 plates 3 x15
Rope Abs 3 sets

done

weight crept up due to working late friday...woke up 123k on saturday! but back to 121.6kg now on waking - so was just the food timing which changed friday......

20mg Nolva seems to now be working so will continue with that

might run a little MT2 soon , just for a few weeks once back from Japan - but been a while so even though i really go low on dose, those first few jabs never are great

Last edited:
Push

Smith Seated Shoulder Press 142.5lb each side 1x10, 145lb each side 1x8..
Smith Incline Press 140lb es 1x10, 145lb es 1x8
Tricep push machine MAX 1x13
inlcine DB Fly 36kg 1x15
Laying Shoulder Lat Raise on Cable...9.5 1x15, 13.5 1x9, 1x8
Rope Tricep Push Down 28 1x15, 31.5 1x14, 31.5 1x12
One Arm preacher curl 22kg 1x10, 1x7
Standing EZ Bar Curl..27.5lb each side 1x15
Abs 3 sets

done, again another good session with some progress through the main exercises, be it weight or reps

due to the probs here will leave early tomorrow for Japan.....so no training, rather be in the louge safely waiting for longer than expected than fooked.... guys and girls all looking good for the show so im happy there
its quite a big show now...18 pro bodybuilding, 25 bikini and about the same mens phyqisue pro....which is all on sunday....amateurs on saturday.... will get a workout in at Hides "powerhouse gym" its small but has some decent kit and its close to the venue - plus everyone from the show will be there so a good vibe...

BB no James H now, Maxx Charles, Juan Morel, An Nguyen plus Regan Grimes, Cody and Lukas will be the main threats here...... Asian wise the big Korean -Seungchul Lee- is the best of the bunch IF he comes in diced, lots of mass - few of the other Chinese guys are works in progress, or 212 guys who are just doing open as there isnt 212......got Daniel Toth of Hungary in also, he comes in shredded but not the most pleasing Physique.... Bikini is open and shut Janet Layug IMO.....No2 in the world and Arnold Champ so unless shes massively off she wins....Mens Physique is packed...... Denis Gusev or one of the middle eastern chaps is my guess

Lovely time in Tokyo, crisp weather, lovely in the sunshine and a welcome downgrade from the Hk heat plus the far more spacious, clean and peaceful enviroment

2 x second places in the Pro Qualifier, which would have meant 1 got the pro card, mid table finish for the Pro Bikini out of 30 and then a couple of 2nd calls in classic and bikini in 40 strong classes!

Pro show was good Juan deserved it, Regan wasnt bad and way wider than i thought, Cedric was out of shape but still such a genetic freak he came 2nd..... Cody was razor sharp but looked Tiny, Good showing from the Korean who was better than Seoul but still a bit soft from the back...

Janet won pro Bikini as expected, Korean guy won Mens physique (only turned Pro 6 months ago but massive)...and 2nd place was a Russian who won his pro card the day before...an absolute unit........

trained at powerhouse which is kinda small , then Golds Ginza which had some good bits of kit

alot more active than normal so despite eating lots weight fell to 120kg

back to the grind though, trained today.....Push

Seated DB Lat raise 18kg 1x14, 1x9
Hammer Chest Press (small asian version so not as good as the other gym) 160lb each side 1x8, 137.5lb es 1x12
Low Incline Smith bench 145lb each side 1x8, 135lb each side 1x12
High incline DB press 46kg 1x14
Pec Dec RP set....112 1x10, 1x6, 1x3
Single Arm Tricep RP set 12 1x13, 1x10, 1x6
Single Arm preacher DB.....22kg 1x10, 1x8
Front Double Bicep 10 2x15
Abs
Calf press on Leg Press 8 plates x 3 sets

will do Legs tomorrow, then rest, then Pull and Legs Fri, Sat as in the afternoon its over to Macao for the pro qualifier.... got a couple on that

weight should climb back up this week as NEAT will be back down as im working

just below knee - or level with depends which gym, second pin, else my hamstrings (and quads) take a lot of it.

good weekend in Macau, successful too... 2 bikini girls won their classes andd then came 1st and 2nd in overall , with just 1 point between them! - so 1 wins her Pro Card and the other will go again this weekend in Malaysia. In Classic my guy smashed it , winning his class and overall , and he was the smallest of the 3 class winners but he is so fucking dense its off the charts when he Flex's. and he is now an IFBB Pro and should do well....yes yes he is tiny but this is how some of these good small BB can get pro cards, by doing classic..

global.jpg

Overall Bodybuilding winner was a chinese guy who will do well in 212 with a little work, but isnt far off....

china.jpg

extra rest day yesterday, didnt get back until about 1am so only 4 and a bit hours sleep so was zombied
extra steps over the weekend pushed weight back a touch, all very normal for me..

back at it today
Pull
Wide lat Pull.....Max 127 1x9. 1x9 kind stuck here !
Rack Pull....6 plates per side 1x6, 1x4 (so 260kg total)...grip once again...
Close Grip U attachment Pull Down...Max 1x9, 1x9
One Arm Hammer Machine Row....5.5 plates 1x12, 1x10
Facing Bench DB Rear Delt...14kg 1x12, x12, 1x11
One Arm Hammer Curl 14kg 1x15, 1x15.
Abs

had to rush and missed calves, which is annoying...

weight 121.6kg this morning

aim is to keep pushing up and not get too messy. Getting close to higher end of BF levels...so may need a small tidy up soon - though id like to just crack on to xmas, as im honestly not going to pull things back over xmas week where im back home and seeing family. Will be working out still and prob have access to better gym equipment too - plus when home ill be more active than here also...so NEAT will be higher

PUSH

Smith Shoulder Press 145lb per side 1x10, 147.5lb per side 1x7
Incline Smith Bench Press....145lb per side 1x9,1x9
Machine Tricep Dip MAX 1x16, 1x13
Slight Incline DB Fly 38kg 1x10
Laying Cable Cuff Side Raise....9.5 1x15, 13.5 1x12, 1x8
Rope Tricep Push 28 1x15, 31 1x14, 1x12
One Arm Preacher DB Curl...22kg 1x10, 1x8
EZ Bar Curl...30lb each side 1x8
Calf Press on Leg Press...8 plates per side 3 sets

done, felt very heavy today, still made some progress but was up earlier and one less meal before training, so made a difference (maybe mentally too)

121kg first thing

LEGS, dont normally do 3 in a row but feel good so fuck it. will rest tomorrow which means double session at the weekend gym which is better equipped anyway

Laying Ham Curl MAX 1x16, 1x15
Leg press 13 plates a side, 1x10, 1x9
V Squat 4 plates a side 1x10, 4+10lb 1x10....
Seated Quad Extension....MAX 1x13
Single Leg Laying Ham Curl 37 1x13, 1x9
Back Extension....25lb plate 1x12, 45lb plate 1x10, 1x10
Calf press x 3
Abs x 4 sets

done

121kg on waking

debating whether to switch out of deca and use Tren for my tidy up phase.... depends which show i do next year - if i go early ill not use tren - save it for the prep...will be in a Pro Q and Pro Show in May in Thailand now (4 shows there next year) which is nicely timed to be fair, close, easy to prep and get food etc so has a lot of positives - if i dont and pick later show ill use tren for a bit, back to NPP then use Tren... depends if I go to Arnold Classics (Aus and USA) or not. 2 of mine have applied (Bikini and Mens Physique) so its up to the selection committee as both are invite only.

Last edited:
rest day

but im using it as active rest going forward

i used to have excellent flexibility, splits, great lower back mobility (so could sit legs out and pull my body and face flat to the floor)...also with a few niggles lately and a fairly sedentary life im sure tha by doing a good 5-10 min warm up then 15-20 minutes of my old fight day stretching - alongside any rehab bits and pieces that i have ongoing will prove beneficial.... its also a nice peace ful time, calm music on (for me something like LTJ Bukem) instead of banging dance music for training... and it should come back slowly and be of over all benefit as im stim free on these days too, when i move to prep will use this for the same plus some posing too..... a nice effective 1 hour then....without feeling like im in the gym (not that i mind, i like it, but feel more focused on days after rest day)

weight 121kg on waking

PULL and PUSH coming at the weekend at the better equipped gym....

Last edited:
another busy weekend of travel, Kuala Lumpar , Malaysia, where for the second weekend on the trot we got another IFBB Pro Card.... 4 this year and now got 12 IFBB Pros across a mix of classes (5 Bikini, 2 Mens Physique, 1 Womens Physique, 1 Figure, 2 Classic Physique and 1 212).... it really has just snowballed. Got prob two or 3 almost certainties (1 bikini, 1 figure and 1 Mens Physique) for pro cards next year in Amateurs as well... like they have placed well but just pipped at the post. So its very encouraging Final show of the year this weekend in Manilla (Shawn Rhoden Classic) where we will have 2 on the pro Bikini. Ok not quite true there is one in Taiwan on Dec 22nd but that will be Asians only! everyone else too busy scoffing for Christmas.

been beavering away in the gym and weight steady around the 120.6-121kg mark on waking..

PUSH

seated Military press 125lb each side 1x9, 1x8
Incline Bench 125lb each side 1x10, 127.5lb es 1x9
Narrow Tricep Press on Machine...MAX 1x12
Cable Fly 13.75 1x15, 1x14, 1x12
One Arm Cable Side Raise 10 1x15, 12.5 1x10
Tricep EZ Bar Push Down 38 1x15, 42 1x12
EZ preacher 27.5lb each side 1x11
Abs and Calf

LEGS
Laying Ham Curl....MAX 1x16, 1x14
Facing V Squat 7 plates a side 1x10, 7+10lb 1x9...new PB so happy with that
Leg Press 12.5 plates per side 1x10....heavy but surprised i prob could have added!
Seated Leg Curl MAX 1x13
ISO Ham Curl 77.5lb each side 1x9, 1x7
Abductor / Adductor

definately got wider in the back which i am happy with, legs always look small as do arms to me....but im positve they have grown. just going to keep things rolling

cpl of sessions more this week then the weekend in Manilla (can train Sat at the hotel or Golds next door) then back here for a few days before starting our journey back home for Christmas which im really looking forward to..

Last edited:
Back