Almost A Bodybuilder

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by noel, Dec 29, 2016.

1. Mr mac

Mr mac TM Health & Safety officer Top Contributor

Can’t you train at the good gym all the time? Is it much further away

2. noel

noel Moderator

20-30min taxi.... im at 430am, walk to work and in at desk just before 5.30, the gym is in my office tower (corporate one) ...its good just not as good really... then im done 5/6pm ish.... just too far else i would go for sure... im being picky i still have access to a good clean fancy gym but its limiting... hence some adjustment of my workout rotations now, and trying to do 2 days at weekend at the other one as its way better for legs, and for back too...if im using machines

Mr mac likes this.
  3. noel

noel Moderator

few good workouts under the belt, glad Im here rather than home or anywhere else where its all going to shit.....

bloods back, all fine, with estradial much lower than before due to increasing AI - downside is it reduces HDL a little bit, so a bit of a trade off.

so with comps in mind going to start prep with aim for late summer show - I can be flexible due to dates as we have a lot of shows.

After some thought going to start with something a little different to before..Going to keep test low to start and use non aromatising stuff and see how we progress... gives me room/scope to alter things as we go, but want to give a fair crack

Going to be
    Test 300mg
    Mast 300mg
    NPP 300mg
    Primo 700mg
    Proviron 25mg per day
    Metformin 500mg per day
    GH as usual.....

should be able to keep AI use low with that too and as i diet a little should , i think mean condition shows through well ....we shall see

Ill use GH same as always

Guest, zack and huntingground like this.
  4. noel

noel Moderator

weight on the up - as usual at start of cycle.... 123.2kg on waking

Legs
    Laying Leg Curl 88 1x10, 88 1x9
    Hack Squat 105 1x10, 107.5kg es 1x8 (new PB)
    Leg press 11 plates + 10kg each side 1x9, 8 plates plus 10kg 1x15
    single Leg Extension 52.5 1x10, 1x10
    Ham Curl ISO 55 1x10, 60 1x8
    Abductor 124 1x14, TDS of 124/103/75
    Adductor 82 1x15, 89 1x12
    Sissy Squat holding 20kg 1x12, 1x10

good workout, bit rushed due to having to go to weekend gym as im sure the small machine hack is fucking my knees at the regular weekday gym, weekend gym is 10-15 min cab journey (if no traffic) but means i have Watson equipment which is almost double the size

zack and huntingground like this.
  5. noel

noel Moderator

Decent weekend, well until India banned all flights for a week and put a 24hr curfew thus stranding my parents in Goa.... fingers crossed they sort that out - which surely they will to allow foreign nationals to leave before airlines stop flying....

bar that was good,beautiful day here with temps on the rise, humidity too so looks like summer is on us - which one hopes is good for limiting the virus. However things here are ok, uptick in cases due to travelers but its calm which makes a huge difference.

public gyms are closed for two weeks and one chain shut too which meant more cunts and predatory homo types at the gym (Sunday anyway as i use one branch for Legs as its better , but is further away - it has more the groups of 3 musketeers in gym-shark - but then a few of the pros too.

Push
    Hammer Shoulder Press Machine 77.5 1x11, 1x10
    DB Slight incline Press 55kg 1x11, 60kg 1x5 (happy to get the 60s back in play!)
    Hammer Decline 45 1x9, 1x9
    Pec Dec 103 1x13, 103 1x13, 103 1x10
    One Arm Cable Side Raise 7.5 1x15, 10 1x10, 1x9
    Single Arm Bicep Curl 39 1x10, 39 1x8
    Tricep machine dip 96 1x11, 1x9
    Fat Bar EZ 15kg es 1x10

Pull
    Super Wide Mag Pull Down 117 1x10, 1x9
    Watson T Bar Row..... 82.5kg 1x9, 1x6
    Hammer Row Machine 110 1x9, 1x8
    Underhand Med Mag Grip Cable Row 110 1x10, 1x9
    Reverse pec dec ... 68 1x15, 75 1x10, 1x9
    One Arm Bicep Curl machine 39 1x10, 1x8
    One Arm Tricep Cable 10 1x15, 1x15
    Seated Calf Press 40kg 1x12, 60kg 1x12, 70kg 1x10

not bad as trained 3 days on the trot - felt if a little but couldnt be sure i could go today due to work - but still saw some increases in strength

3 days of training day diet and a week into cycle weight is up to 124kg first thing...all time high..

no HBCD on Myprotein which is annoying as Malto bloats me - 1st world problems

noreason, zack and huntingground like this.
  6. noel

noel Moderator

oh and obviously the highlight of my year has been being made a Mod here on TM. Purely as a risk aversion measure being based miles away from everyone else to ensure if it is the end of the world banter over Liverpools first title win since the stone age is correctly moderated

Guest, Mr mac, noreason and 3 others like this.
  7. zack

zack TM's resident millionaire entrepreneur. Top Contributor

Congratz on the MOD status.

May as well be someone who actually contributes and knows their shit.

noel likes this.
  8. noel

noel Moderator

i agree - hence baffled as to why i got the job!

huntingground, pooley1810 and zack like this.
  9. noel

noel Moderator

bad day in the hood

woke up 123.3 ....so down a bit

first mrs banned from gym as someone used it who had the virus the day before so as a precaution they shut that branch and anyone who was there within a 2 day window is banned from all the gyms - good move

i then trot up to my branch of same gym - and find i banned also as i was in the same gym 7 days after the girl who was doing cardio at 7am with the virus. I never visit the cardio area and also went 7 days after her visit.... this gym bleach everything non stop. cleaners doing amazing job. plus im also wiping everything. If the virus survived 7 days of non stop bleaching the world is fucked. However my minor argument fell on deaf ears and im banned for two weeks.

my other gym which closed for a 2 week quarantine is out for 7 days more.......... so its not looking good....

Cardio and enforced deload week for me

noreason, zack and huntingground like this.
  10. pooley1810

pooley1810 Moderator

That's a shitter mate
    Just getting back into the swing of things and another small set back
    Of course, its understandable why these decisions are made and blanket bans are enforced
    But from a personal point its bloody annoying, especially when you know it shouldn't affect you
    My work have stopped us using the gym, which I get if people are coming to use it externally but they're not
    The only people using it are working in close contact with each other every shift
    Based on that they should stop us using the kitchen and using the training kit

huntingground and noel like this.
  11. noel

noel Moderator

yeah its a bit OTT in some cases, im all for rules and safety but like your situation i have more chance of being infected on my way to the gym than at a gym that is absolutely spotless and bleached like an operating theatre where someone who had the virus did cardio a week back.......

anyway cant do anything so bar being annoyed for today, im cool.... we have a bike and a running machine in the apartment mainly for prep cardio (makes life easier) so ill just do a bit of bike for a few days....then im back online in a week,

Guest, pooley1810 and huntingground like this.
  12. noel

noel Moderator

managed a home workout, had taken a week off, solid rest. Trouble finding anything online as it just wont ship, but got an alert that one place had restocked and so go an Oly Bar, a Trap DL Bar and 110kg of Plates....will add some more probably but seeing as ill be doing it in the spare bedroom need to gauge what i can and cant do. Couldnt find a bench so its going to be limited but thinking was at least Trap DL will do some Legs and some SLDLs - i find it very very hard to get motivated about legs at home - but this will assist a bit and at least tick over. We should be reopening gyms this weekend BUT always the risk they carry on as cases are still increasing - albeit slowly.

Povo workout with bands and a 15kg KB and some 7kg Dumbells....

Heavy Band - one arm lat pull down (used my palm pinned above the door frame haha) into
    Banded Upright Row, into Banded bend over row.... 3 giant sets of 15 reps

Bent Over One Arm Row with KB 3 x 15 each arm no rest.... actually was pretty hard!

KB Pull Over s/S with Ab Crunches...3 x 15

Lat Raise - one arm with KB, drop to DBs for dual arm raises....3 x 15

Standing overhead DB Press, super slow...3 x 15

Wide Press up, feet on chair s/s with laying DB Tricep Press 3 x15

One Arm Band Tricep Push 3 x15

DB Curl 3 x 15

Done...had to turn aircon up, lats felt full of blood, very much like a super pump back stage.... was quite taxing as totally out of the norm and havent done that sort of higher rep range non stop stuff since boxing days... heart rate up so better than nothing but im not one of those IG twats claiming its awesome

Sunday

Spin Bike (have proper one at home) 30mins with some sprints in the middle which again i can feel in quads today)

Probably repeat the upper body one tomorrow and then the new kit should arrive (by Wednesday Im told)

just switched back to rest day diet for now as i dont warrant Workout day extra carbs considering..

weight around 122.2kg, so back a touch...

Last edited: Apr 6, 2020
  13. noel

noel Moderator

half the kit turned up, missing 2 x 20k plates and a Trap bar..

but we got an Oly Bar, 20s, 10s and 5s, plus some collars, so that, alongside some bands, 15kg KB and some 7kg DB we have enough to do some basic "teenager" bedroom workouts

Upper
    Banded Giant set of
    Pull Downs
    Upright Rows
    Bent Over Rows

3 x 15 of those

Bent Over BB Row
    did 10 reps with bar then slowly went up in 5kg incriments until we got to 30kg each side
    then 30kg each side 2 x 10

Floor Press
    same as above up to 30kg each side 2x12

Standing Barbell Press
    same as above up to 20kg each side 2 x 10

Plate Pull over - 20k 2 x12

Barbell Bicep Curl - 10kg each side 2x10

Lat Raise / Front Raise superset - 3 x15

done...just about 45 mins...minimal rest really was quite tough.... still if i can crack that out twice a week plus some form of Legs (SLDL, Trap Bar DL, Glute Bridge and a Lunge) ill tick over

Have the spin bike too which ill use for sprints

....sadly another 2 week extension here, all bars now shut, massage parlours, hairdresser, beauty salons, gyms and PT studios... kind of expected it as they are going very hard here so just 20 cases a day new is enough to make them do this ...........

McDonalds though has stayed open, and will reopen in store seating post 6pm now, with one table spacing between should things get bad and you need to consol yourself with a big mac

14. noel

noel Moderator

Trap bar turned up. result it was the XL size one, which means it weights about 30kg , every kg counts at the moment, also another 2 x 20kg plates.So we are up and running on some legs too

limited but after trying a few things - im doing this in the spare room of our apartment so cant be slamming shit down like a garage, got a load of bubble wrap and improvised some stoppers :-)

Front squat- im utter shit at, so just 4 sets of this high rep

Trap Bar Deadlift BUT done using minimal pull, its a full on push through the legs and using my squat shoes to accentuate it

SLDL.

pretty much doing double warmups i would and with 10 reps on all warm up sets, rather than a pyramid of sorts...
    Trap bar felt heavy as fuck...had 120kg on it hahaha so that plus the bar 150kg....but i havent done any floor pulls of squats (free bar) since i got out of hospital as i had to play safe so this actually serves as a good way to reintroduce and ill be ready to work back up again once gym opens...

so all the warm ups and then 4 working sets, plus then some banded adbuctor work - which actually feels good/hard and some glute bridge/hip thrust - ends upbeing a solid hour of work with just some small rests WAY less then normal

alternating that with the above Upper bodyworkout and ill be able to progress a little through the weights i have available.. not the same as gym but at least im now doing some loaded big moves which will tide me over

also decided to not waste the time and start a mini cut, Korea has done 2 AM shows in the past month, has a few more planned and then a Pro and Am show over 2 days in August. This will be the first pro show in Asia, so i though why not aim for it - id be going anyway, with AM being the day before Pro (as currently got 7 pros -maybe 8 - aiming to do the show which needs my attention) - if it was same day Id obviously not be doing it (as from experience its a nightmare) so we are officially in prep.....gives me a goal and purpose of sorts to not just sit out the training as i do find it pretty shitty compared to the real gym. China just announced its running Amateur Olympia in Beijing at the end of July too, so thats all positive amongst the gloom.

so carbs down a touch - will make sure i hit steps per day now to ensure all variables are limited. Stops me attacking the cupboard too

had the minor diet adjustments in since the weekend and down slightly to around 122kg on waking....

No change to drugs, 300 test, 300 NPP, 300 Mast, 700 Primo plus GH pre bed.... might throw in 50mg Anavar next week if gyms open up for a little extra boost

Last edited: Apr 14, 2020
    mal, pooley1810, noreason and 2 others like this.
  15. noel

noel Moderator

lowest test ive used pre contest this far out, so aiming for a little different, will mean i dont have a load of water to drop (plus can use limited AI for now) and some room to bump it up (Test) as i get leaner as fullness/size is my enemy not condition. Glorious Tren to come later on but again ill let the diet do its work in the first instance, plus half way into this will have a much better idea as to whats what. I personally envisage Asia opening up limited flights first to "safe" locations.So HK/ Singapore / Korea / CHina / Taiwan all okaying each other with some kind of check as long as you havent gone to a country outside of this in the mean time....pure guess work but would make some sort of sense to do that

Last edited: Apr 14, 2020