1. Click here to see our list of sponsors. If you decide to use one of the companies listed, please support TMuscle by clicking on one of the links provided.

Am I Too Weak To Make Gains?

Discussion in 'General Bodybuilding' started by fazjod, Sep 25, 2018.

1. fazjod

fazjod

Cheers. I'm currently on 720g Test E per week and 90ml Tren A EOD with some adex. Both from UGL so probably are underdosed.

Its abit on the low side because i've just started my cycle 3 weeks ago and wanted to start low. Meaning them photos are a few weeks old. They were taken after 3 months completely off. Which is why I'm abit softer than usual in them.

2. Robbie

Robbie Top Contributor

Dante did say you need to be x strong before doing DC training. I don’t think you want to do powerlifting though if your goal is bodybuilding.

The main thing with DC is the intensity, it doesn’t matter how strong you are - if you don’t give 100% to the working sets it’s not going to work as well as it can.

3. zack

zack TM's resident millionaire entrepreneur. Top Contributor

Lol since when is 720mg test a week on the low side? Unless your HG of course.

Your wayyyy over eating imo.

Cut the protien down to about 300 grams tops. Train hard and keeping getting stronger.

Adjust every two to three weeks.

huntingground likes this.
  4. hsmann87

hsmann87 Top Contributor

You're barbell bench is 115kg for 10 yet deadlift and squat are only 130kg for 6? Based on that 10 rep max for bench, I'd say you can do around 130kg for 6.

This means your bench is as strong as your squat and deadlift when you recruit loads more muscles in the latter 2.....?

I'd expect someone to lift 1.5 times more weight on the squat versus what they can bench and 2 times more on the deadlift

5. fazjod

fazjod

on the low side compared to 750mg a week what i'd normally have :) but I didnt mention my usual dose so my bad! and as I said its UGL so its safe to assume its probably abit lower. Thanks for the help.
    Just one question. I should lower my protein and food down, okay.
    But my original question was how to break through the strength plateau. And eating less isnt going to help that problem.
    Do you reckon its just time? Ive only been eating above 200g of protein for 4 months, maybe I have to be patient and keep a consistent diet for alot longer and eventually strength gains will come?

zack likes this.
  6. fazjod

fazjod

I know right, its daft and its an area I need to work on.

During previously cycles I get really bad lower back pumps and I struggled squatting or deadlifting. Hell I couldnt even walk for that long without having to sit down and rest my back. I tried taurine and all sorts and it did help abit but after the first set of something involving my lower back I was done for. Took me a while to realise I should just drop the anadrol/dbol as the negatives will be outweighing the positives.

7. zack

zack TM's resident millionaire entrepreneur. Top Contributor

Thing is with anything sport related mate is patience.

Especially bodybuilding.

You can have a ln amazing physique in three years.

A brilliant physique in two years.

A great physique in one years.

But most people aim for three months.

Strength comes with progressive over load not over eating.

Feed enough for your base calories plus 500.

Push your workouts and get strong. If you need to write down your work outs then do that. Then you will have a record of your strength over time.

Every 4-6 weeks push another 3-500 calories. Stay consistent and don't worry about where you going to be in three months mate.

Imagine where you could be in three years.

pooley1810 likes this.
  8. Robbie

Robbie Top Contributor

I think he means weight/muscle gain plateau rather than strength?

9. hsmann87

hsmann87 Top Contributor

How about hack squat machine and pendulum squat machine? Takes pressure off lower back so you can fully target thighs.

10. fazjod

fazjod

I always did Leg Press (which I know is a cop out).

My most recent session my leg press was 360kg for 6 reps. I go all the way down and go slow on the leg press (to make up for being a bitch and not squatting).

I've also never had an issue with legs. They've always been blocky, they could just do with some definition now.

Anyway im not going to take orals anymore since they limit my mobility too much.

I hope that if I keep going at it, my deadlift and squat will increase faster than my bench and they will catch up.

11. hsmann87

hsmann87 Top Contributor

I personally think you should give drugs a miss and focus on getting stronger and improving mobility mate