Amount Of Food Required To Grow

Scudd33

Top Contributor
Only just coming to terms with how much whole food I have to eat to get decent growth.
Breakfast is 10 egg whites and half cup of oatmeal with a spoon of honey,usual tuna brown rice broccoli or peas etc x2 then post workout quark,berries banana and chicken breasts....steak once or twice a week
Honestly I literally cannot eat another thing by the the time the day is done and I am not getting fatter because the food is weighed and counted....but bloody hell its a lot.
The only shitty things I eat are Jaffa cakes and then only ever preworkout if I feel a bit flat from work.
Total calories a smidge under 3200kcal.
Currently 105kg,36 yo,6.4”at 17%
How much are you guys eating on blasts and bulks and for how long?

Only just coming to terms with how much whole food I have to eat to get decent growth.
Breakfast is 10 egg whites and half cup of oatmeal with a spoon of honey,usual tuna brown rice broccoli or peas etc x2 then post workout quark,berries banana and chicken breasts....steak once or twice a week
Honestly I literally cannot eat another thing by the the time the day is done and I am not getting fatter because the food is weighed and counted....but bloody hell its a lot.
The only shitty things I eat are Jaffa cakes and then only ever preworkout if I feel a bit flat from work.

As much as it takes to make scales go the right way.....

If you aren’t getting fat you aren’t gaining muscle. You need to be in a calorie excess to do either... You can’t do one without the other.

The key is getting the amounts right so the amount of fat is worth it for the muscle. Either way though If you’re growing muscle you’re also adding fat, there’s no getting around it.

Trying to grow without adding fat is like trying to breathe without oxygen. Trying to do both is guaranteed disappointment

A calorie excess is a calorie excess, your body doesn’t give a fuck if it’s all clean or not.

Too much
I wanna ave a go at it but just avnt got it in me anymore

Especially wif summer ere just literally cnt be fucked to eat

Best thing for BB purposes is to not be fat to start with right? Ie pretty low bf?

Then you can bung in cals and actually see when you get too fat rather than starting off flabby and just putting on mass for the sake of it - most just excess flab.

When I was in “perma-bulk” mode I’d have something along the lines of

700g chicken
300g red meat
Rice and veg during the day. Spuds pwo.
Pre/intro/post shakes
Tin of coconut milk (about 900cals) with frozen berries and whey for breakfast
And whatever else I wanted. (Normally a pizza)

Would 100% end me now.

I could cut on those calories right now. Stop taking tren seriously! Use npp/primo/dhb and you'll need to eat less ime.

If its working then just stick with what you're doing. If you're saying you need to get more calories in still to see growth then use shakes too. Blend whey, oats, peanut butter, olive oil etc the usual.

If struggling to eat then alternating a whole food meal with a shake every few hours helps a lot.

I haven't counted calories in a long time, years. Then again I don't compete or anything I just go off the mirror.

Getting fat doesn't happen overnight so if I see over time that I'm going in the wrong direction I just cut back, though as already said to gain muscle you will put on some fat as you'll need to be in a surplus. The fat guys you see with big arms and nothing else are just the ones who've taken the 'just fucking eat' mantra a bit too literally.

If its working then just stick with what you're doing. If you're saying you need to get more calories in still to see growth then use shakes too. Blend whey, oats, peanut butter, olive oil etc the usual.

If struggling to eat then alternating a whole food meal with a shake every few hours helps a lot.

I haven't counted calories in a long time, years. Then again I don't compete or anything I just go off the mirror.

Getting fat doesn't happen overnight so if I see over time that I'm going in the wrong direction I just cut back, though as already said to gain muscle you will put on some fat as you'll need to be in a surplus. The fat guys you see with big arms and nothing else are just the ones who've taken the 'just fucking eat' mantra a bit too literally.
Agree but I do struggle to see How anyone can say 3200 calories is a lot of food. Or maybe I'm just weird that I can eat and eat.

Although that seems like a reasonable amount of food I wouldn't deem it to be excessive. This illustrates quite well why it's a unnecessary to label food 'good' and 'bad', you need to consider the nutrient and calorie content and how they relate to your individual needs. If the weight/volume of food is a struggle for you then trade some of the foods higher in volume for more calorie dense alternatives.

I'm currently in a small surplus, around 200-300 calories, P210 C500 F65 calories approx 3,500.

An example of a low volume high calorie meal is my PWO:

1 scoop whey protein, 250g cereal, 1 banana
P45g C211g F6g 1,115 calories

I can still eat my final meal after this no problem at all.

Was planning on a grand entrance and presumably getting a good piss taking out of me for how I dipped out but fuck it you gotta start somewhere ain’t ya mate

U good?
Anybody still come on here?
Good brah
Ermm yer everyones still ere yano aprt from kenneth hes currently doing what kenneth does when hes nt logging in

Good brah
Ermm yer everyones still ere yano aprt from kenneth hes currently doing what kenneth does when hes nt logging in
Cool. Ken’s having a blowout eh? He’ll be right

Need the get me shit together and get back in to this training and dieting properly lark meself, been on a drink and beak blowout every weekend for the last 6 months. Training, eating and keeping me head down now

But yeah OP you aren’t eating much tbf. If your gaining on 3200 your doing Alrite. You’ll get used to it eventually. Can always eat junk food if needs be

Was planning on a grand entrance and presumably getting a good piss taking out of me for how I dipped out but fuck it you gotta start somewhere ain’t ya mate

U good?
Anybody still come on here?

Both me and twocan back within the month.

You guys must be fucking thrilled.

There’s two new sheriffs in town.

Back