1. TMuscle acknowledges the use of AAS (anabolic and androgenic steroids) POMs (prescription-only medicines) and other performance-enhancing substances in bodybuilding today. It aims to provide reliable information on their safe administration, side effects and dangers.

TMuscle does not approve or support the unlawful supply, possession or use of any drug.

Members may report and describe factually their experiences with AAS and brands of AAS and POMs.

Members may not offer to supply or facilitate the unlawful supply of AAS, POMS or other controlled drugs on TMuscle or its messaging systems.
    Dismiss Notice

Anavar Lipids

Discussion in 'Anabolic Steroids & Prohormones' started by Geezagammie, Nov 24, 2021.

1. Geezagammie

Geezagammie

Maybe a little too late.

4 weeks ago, I decided to do a small 6 to 8 weeks cycle of anavar @ 50mg pd and top up my trt dose from 125mg to 250mg.

After more reading I now understand slightly that anavar will screw up my lipid profile but without bloods does anyone know how much this could be by and how long recovery could take take.
    Is it better to stop the var and do a bigger test cycle after Christmas. ( which I was basically wanting to do anyway, 6 weeks off then blast again)

I'm just thinking that if after the 6 to 8 weeks and the lipids being bad then I'd maybe possibly have to wait a longer time for recovery, which makes this short cycle a waste of time.

2. Reacher

Reacher Top Contributor

imo
    oils will always give better bang for the buck long term but orals have a place.
    if you're not a competitive bber then orals are less necessary.
    test and var are really going to give quite different results so to be chosing one or the other is a bit odd, what are you after ?
    tbh I've just run var and I'm not lean enough to see the benefit, it's not the cheapest compound to use and I could of dropped it and seen little difference.

3. Geezagammie

Geezagammie

I am far far from being competitive.

To be honest with you, I had a bottle of anavar that I never used on my last cycle in the summer so thought I'd do a short blast of it before Christmas for a few gains and see how I reacted to it.
    I'm on prescription trt and have to get bloods done in January, that's why I didn't want to do a full on cycle at the moment.
    Like I said though, if it's going to mess my lipids up pretty bad with a chance of a long recovery time, then maybe it's not worth it.

4. Geezagammie

Geezagammie

Also like you I'm definitely not lean enough to see all the benefits.

5. noel

noel Moderator

person dependent but for most people 4-6 weeks out/off anavar its back in range again....HDL/LDL gets skewed whilst on it... depends on lots of other factors, genetics, diet and other gear....but anavar only for a short cycle.... highly likely it will all go back to normal fairly fast.....

Richie_Rich and Geezagammie like this.
  6. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Full Member

7. Greedy Ben

Greedy Ben Top Contributor

If you are on trt you should be fine there is no recovery just no more var.

8. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Full Member

His lipids would still be shot, trt or not

think he means recover lipids not hormones

9. Greedy Ben

Greedy Ben Top Contributor

Noel has covered that above, you wouldn't necessarily feel it though just whatever you got from it, the boost in mood or strength/vascularity will just diminish as it clears out.

10. Geezagammie

Geezagammie

Thanks guys, going from what I'm reading I'm just going to drop it, seems like too much of a pointless health risk for such a short and small cycle.