Anxiety

Discussion in 'Anonymous' started by _cam, Apr 23, 2017.

1. _cam

_cam Full Member

any body had any luck reducing anxieties through self medication? If so what?

In anon in case others don't want names etc

jayks likes this.
  2. Guest

Guest Guest

Valium

3. Dadbod

Dadbod Full Member

Anxiety is sh!t, but normally is caused by other life factors. Not asking what they are, but is there something causing you stress in life at the minute?

Don't get it much anymore, but it gets me in the middle of the night and wakes me up. after many years I know how to deal with it. It won't stop, but you will learn to cope.

4. onions1976

onions1976 Full Member

Not self medicating but on prescribed ssri/sertraline, for PTSD only been on them for 6/7 weeks but seems to be helping. I know PTSD isn't anxiety but in my case high anxiety/hyper-vigilance was a symptom that feels reduced. They do have some side effects that were rough when I started them but have reduced in intensity

5. chrissy_boy

chrissy_boy Top Contributor

Nothing works, 20 years of worry over.

Acceptyou will die soon and free your mind, mandy brown helps

Scudd33, Guest, Tommy6 and 2 others like this.
  6. chrissy_boy

chrissy_boy Top Contributor

Yeah this, im just a caveman lol

7. I've suffered with anxiety for years and purposefully avoided medication. At times of stress it does worsen, but I know now that it does subside. I find expending energy and fresh air, open spaces works and avoiding noise if possible. Medication only masks the anxiety. Sometimes, we need to be anxious to forge ahead. You can harness the restlessness and Chanel it positively into your training maybe or other interests

8. JustJ

JustJ Competitor

I was on ssri's for a few years for a combination of depression and anxiety. They helped but created their own issues. Booze felt like it helped but ultimately it doesn't and you end up drinking too much too often. Counselling and finally getting out of a toxic relationship, as well as having a diverting hobby - the gym - were what sorted it for me.

Deleted member 13979 likes this.
  9. Tank81

Tank81 Full Member

Yeah i was put on citalopram 10mg for mild anxiety. Never sufferd depression but know plenty who it cripples from it. Mine originated from when i almost lost my son who.is disanled a and wife at birth . I didnt realise that i was suffering from it . Was a 6 months once everyone stopped bothering support wasmt there. I wasnt sleeping. Aworking like mad..lost my job etc all external life factors. I wasny even goven any councelling. Gp is a joke total waste of money in my opinion. They prescribe what they get the cheapest.

Deleted member 13979 likes this.
  10. Tank81

Tank81 Full Member

Also i went to a support group regarding the specific reasons that may he causing my stress. But lot was to do with what happened to us as a family i felt helpless etc..but talking defo helped spesking to others..leople.may laugh but i think even this board can help people open up. Be honest and ask things they may not otherwise. I always say to friends faniky of they ever feel like that phone or talk. Just my two pence.

Medicarion has its place and serves a purpose but its only a small part not a cure

11. manpreetrockerji

manpreetrockerji

i also had anxiety but after doing yoga i had control of it and best decision i made to do yoga

12. manpreetrockerji

manpreetrockerji

You can do too

13. pooley1810

pooley1810 Moderator

Can yoga be used to improve low libido
    @Northernlad89

14. Aleksandr

Aleksandr Full Member

Cardio does help to relieve the stress

15. Spugdog

Spugdog