Any Nebido Users?

Discussion in 'TRT / Testosterone Replacement Therapy' started by SquirtyFlower, May 28, 2022.

1. SquirtyFlower

SquirtyFlower Full Member

Endocrinologist prescribed me Nebido last week to commence my TRT for life
    I always thought they offer gels first and move along if needed, got my first shot on Wednesday and another one booked for six weeks later
    Anybody use this stuff and feel the benefits?
    Test levels were 5.9 nmol when tested, so I am guessing I will feel more benefits than not taking it

BODYROIDS likes this.
  2. Reacher

Reacher Moderator

yes mate been on nebido a few years now,
    like anything pros and cons but the cons are minimal for me.
    I like it if nothing else just for the infrequent shots..

any specific questions I'll try and answer...

SquirtyFlower likes this.
  3. SquirtyFlower

SquirtyFlower Full Member

Thanks for the reply, the convenience of only 4 visits to the surgery per year is a big pro for me
    Am I right in thinking it will take around 12 months to rebalance my system once I start treatment? (Not expecting miracles over night that’s for sure)
    How often does your nurse pull bloods?

BODYROIDS likes this.
  4. Rictit34

Rictit34 Full Member

I had a year on it. My test went to 58 a week after the shot and degraded about 5 per week. i ended up getting shots every 8 weeks. My haematocrit went to 54. i was up and down like a roller coaster energy level wise. . the NHS were considering stopping giving it me due to haematocrit level . I ended up from Jan this year running 120mg test cyp SQ every week and stopping seeing the NHS doctor. I feel great. I also give blood to help keep haematocrit under control. Nebido and the NHS didn't work for me but we are all different so time will tell. Keep and eye on your haematocrit though. i will also run my bloods 3 or 4 times a year to keep and eye on things.

5. SebChopChop

SebChopChop Full Member

Sphinx Pharma has literally just brought out his range of Nebido if that's any use to you mate. Don't see much of it about.

6. Rictit34

Rictit34 Full Member

No expert on the amount of time it takes to get stable but my big issue with neido i was never stable. a week after injection i was 58 then decreased by about 5 - 10 per week to about 10. Started of feeling great then a steady decline until next injection. (they started me at 12 week intervals) Twice weekly injections are easy now. takes about 3 mins each time if that. Its whatever you like. id prefer the inconvenience of 2 weekly injections rather than the decline of my T over the 8/10/12 weeks. in my opinion you are doing the right thing. Go with the NHS and there protocol 1st. If it works out for you great. If not try something else. I started pulling bloods every 3 months. Now im every 6 months. Yes, there is an expense but dying of a heart attack due to high haematocrit or any other thing that could have been a marker in my bloods is in my opinion makes it money well spent. Ive worked hard to get to 47 years old. i don't want to die now when ive finally got my T where i want it and can enjoy the next 20/30 years.

7. Reacher

Reacher Moderator

forgot this thread

now I get my bloods done every 12 month, up till recently was e 6 month.
    I'd been on trt a while before I went to nebido and had a while sorting my dosage out, started at I think 12 week, then 10 now 8, may have started at 10 can't recall.
    was pulling bloods very frequently to start with several times over 1st year or so.

I was pushed toward nebido by endo, NHS seem to prefer you to go this route with injs.

For me, I like it, the infrequent jabs suit me, my time and less jabs the better.
    Nebido is administered by nurse in practice, prior to that I'd done my own test e or sus.
    They prefer to administer nebido as its a large volume of oil in the ass for a patient ( I'm fine with it but their choice )
    My bloods are good, generally but when I've run additional aas it does tend to skew things a bit and have been caught out by doc before when they did an unannounced blood test. Had I known it was due I'd of been off addition peds some time earlier..
    docs not fcuking stupid though and just called me in for a 'chat'

Some have issues with the drop off they feel on nebido, and yeah I can understand but personally it's minimal. Round about 2 weeks prior to my shot my sleep starts to suffer and morning glory isn't always as glorious
    But it's ok, not the roller coaster some claim.
    Because I don't feel it I have my doubts it's as pronounced as some claim and I think there's a bit of Internet and Google 'research' that gets them paranoid and noticing stuff thats not there.
    But, I appreciate everyone's somewhat different. ( but not entirely different species as you'd think )

it does drop off, that's the nature and action of it, if it didn't when would you schedule another shot ?
    But from an NHS perspective they are keeping you in a range, if you're in you're in..
    Start at normal to upper normal and readminister when you are bottom normal )
    they're not concerned with henchness or your bench pb.
    It's hormone replacement not enhancement.

see how you go that's about as much as I'd say, if it suits great, if not discuss with endo options maybe more frequent test e shots or go the self admin route and pay for bloods etc..
    if you can stay under NHS umbrella I'd recommend that as with the best intentions your not an endo and guys on a Internet forum aren't likely either, and some bloods from companies who offer these services look sus at times I've read..
    plus guaranteed pharma test.