Anyone Get Itchy Skin With Whey ?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Reacher, Sep 19, 2020.

1. Reacher

Reacher Top Contributor

Just started back at gym last few weeks and this last week started using Whey powder again ( first time since last Christmas / New year time )
    Started with itchy skin which I used to get and could never find cause of but used to just pop an antihistamine tab which sorted it.
    Not had any issue for past months but started again and only thing really different in diet is whey back in.

quick Google and milk allergy looks to cause itching and hives etc, I dont use a lot of milk but have in tea etc and never have an issue so not sure its 'just' milk but more specific to whey...
    which I know is milk powder ?

also no probs with cheese which is good as cheese is lyf.

2. Simon90

Simon90 Full Member

Your supposed to drink it mate not put it on your skin.
    But seriously tho...bit strange that you’ve not had it in ages and now it’s just started again. Do you get any other symptoms? Bloat, nausea etc
    What whey is it ?

Reacher likes this.
  3. Reacher

Reacher Top Contributor

I thought you just made it into a paste and painted it on where you want the musckles ???

no, nothing else no bloating etc...
    it may be something else but literally just started this week and started using whey again ?
    Bulk powders but ill use whatever is priced well, #nobrandwhore

Simon90 likes this.
  4. Simon90

Simon90 Full Member

That’s strange mate. I’d have expected if you was allergic the bloating and stomach upset would be more pronounced.
    Tbf I used bulk powder whey and it didn’t agree with me. I use bbw whey 80 and have no issues.
    Maybe it’s something the have in there?

5. Scudd33

Scudd33 Top Contributor

I use it keep my balls vanilla-ry fresh

phani tikkala and Proteinbrah like this.
  6. pooley1810

pooley1810 Moderator

When does this happen mate?
    This started happening to me completely out the blue a couple of years ago
    When I started to get warm, my skin would become unbearably itchy all over until I started to sweat then it would subside
    It started to really grind me down and I never found the cause of it
    Then it just stopped happening without really changing anything significant
    Every now and again it feels like its gonna break out and I start to dread its gonna happen again
    I narrowed it down to possibly dehydration or high sodium but it may not be either

7. Reacher

Reacher Top Contributor

I'm generally hydrated ok not really sure about sodium, as I salt a fair portion of my meals. Something ill keep an eye on though.

pooley1810 likes this.
  8. Mutant turtle

Mutant turtle

Sounds like you’re drawling a lot of correlation form a world of never ending causation and possibilities. The only way to know would be to remove the whey again and see if the rash clears up, or one better, go to your doctor and maybe after a few months of poor doctor service you might get an allergy test

9. Reacher

Reacher Top Contributor

yeah, thats quite true.
    on the face of it I can only really see that whey appears to be only thing changed although of course it could be any number of things and not diet related at all.

I clapped with great vigour for our nhs and Im quite hopeful that this will grant me 5* service going forward, so no concerns there.

pooley1810 likes this.
  10. pooley1810

pooley1810 Moderator

I honestly dont know what caused it, I'm only guessing as they are the only variables that really changed
    I had something called cholinergic urticaria
    Worth looking into to see if it relates to you're issue

11. mal

mal Top Contributor

Ide try an anti hystamineand see if that clears it up, i get the itching all over at time and its deffo from gear, overheating can cause it to..so watch that before it can turn into hives...dry skin n itching could be to much ai things like that...

Reacher likes this.
  12. NoPain

NoPain Full Member

Is it whey or a blend of it has beta alanine in it it could do that to you that stuff can make you itchy

Reacher likes this.
  13. Reacher

Reacher Top Contributor

I'll have a look at ingredients, not expecting it to have but it would explain it.