Apple Cider Vinegar

Harry_ss

Has anyone actually used this on a regular basis and if so did you notice any benefits?

Been doing some reading around it and it’s supposed to be beneficial in terms of insulin sensitivity from what I understand?

Also, how did u take it? Is it best taken as a shot I’m guessing it would ruin the taste of your food if you pour it on your meal.

Thanks

There is a minimal effect on post-prandial blood sugar levels, reducing them compared to not adding anything, when apple cider vinegar is added to a high GI meal but it's old short lived lasting an hour or so IIRC.

I'll see if I can find the studies.

@Dtlv isn't it more used to help aid in digestion etc. never seen it recommended in terms of helping insulin sensitivity?

@Dtlv isn't it more used to help aid in digestion etc. never seen it recommended in terms of helping insulin sensitivity?

Yes, there's a case for taking small amounts of it as both a pre- and probiotic. The raw stuff contains pectin and also live cultures of beneficial bacteria. It's also recommended sometimes to reduce acid reflux. It trials there's mixed results on that actually working, but the pre- and probiotic claims may have some merit.

As for effects on insulin and blood sugar it's actually been tested quite a bit. As I said before the evidence shows a small benefit, but which is fairly short lasting after consuming it, and seemingly only really useful to full-on diabetics after a meal with a pretty high glycemic load.

Back