• TMuscle acknowledges the use of AAS (anabolic and androgenic steroids) POMs (prescription-only medicines) and other performance-enhancing substances in bodybuilding today. It aims to provide reliable information on their safe administration, side effects and dangers.

TMuscle does not approve or support the unlawful supply, possession or use of any drug.

Members may report and describe factually their experiences with AAS and brands of AAS and POMs.

Members may not offer to supply or facilitate the unlawful supply of AAS, POMS or other controlled drugs on TMuscle or its messaging systems.

Arachis oil/ peanut allergy

Alex

Account Suspended
I've been trying to research this for the past few weeks but found very little on the subject.

I had a peanut allergy when i was younger, the only reaction i can remember having was where my throat felt like it was tightening and my mum rushed me down to the hospital. So i believe now looking back it was anaphylactic shock.

I'm just wondering does anyone know how common arachis oil is used, as it's derived from peanut oil i believe, so it would cause a reaction?
It seems very hard to find out what oils labs are using, and UG labs especially.

I'm getting myself booked in for a proper allergy test as i've never had one, i've just gone through my life avoiding anything that could cause it. So if i get tested and still have a serious reaction i can then get a epipen on prescription.

If, when i do get tested, it comes back that i have a serious allergy what would be the best route to take?
I've looked into water based test suspension, obviously frequent pinning and i wouldn't want to use a UG lab water base product due to bacteria, but pharma grade might be hard to get hold of.

There seems to be a few pharma grade that list using EO too so they might be an option?

Arachis oil certainly is highly refined peanut oil.

Many pharma labs still use it, and UGs, though they tend to use cottonseed oil and EO is becoming more common.

It's usually listed on real pharma stuff, like Sus.

You might be able to get your source to ask the lab.

And you might just be able to be desensitized at the clinic, though it takes time.

Thanks Prodiver, i was hoping you'd chime in. When i was trying to research it google actually threw up a couple of your posts from UKM about a similar thing.

I've spoke to my source in the hope he would be in the know more, but he didn't help at all, he said stick to what you've used before etc, only problem being is that i haven't used before lol. Although i didn't expect much more because i doubt he'd want to stick his head on the line with something that could potentially be fatal, i've also read elsewhere that it's not unusual for UG labs to chop and change with oils, not sure how true that is though.

Does it still contain allergens in the oil still, or is it refined so it 'shouldn't' cause a reaction? Seems strange for Pharma companies to use something that is a known and fairly common allergen.

I'm at the doctors on wednesday so i'm going to talk to them about taking a proper test then, and cross my fingers that i've grown out of it to keep things simple for me.

AFAIK it's some particular protein in the peanut oil that causes the anaphylaxis, not contaminants,

I've only heard of one guy ever who seemed allergic to arachis oil, so it may just be that injection generally doesn't have the same effect as eating...

Keep an epipen handy..!

hi alex,

my wife has a very severe nut allergy and reacts to the smallest ammount of nut protein in the air. we are regular at the hospital with her going to anyphylaxis which is pretty scary as u can imagine.

i have done lots of research on nut allergys and are part of various groups supporting it, any way the point im trying to get to is...

many researchers say that peanut oil alone is not enought to cause a reaction as this is such a refined part of the original product now we stear clear of anything that has nut oil in (most chinese food) as a saftey precaution. so it may be that arachis oil alone is not enough to cause a reaction.

im sure others have different opinions but this is just based on my personal findings.

hi alex,

my wife has a very severe nut allergy and reacts to the smallest ammount of nut protein in the air. we are regular at the hospital with her going to anyphylaxis which is pretty scary as u can imagine.

i have done lots of research on nut allergys and are part of various groups supporting it, any way the point im trying to get to is...

many researchers say that peanut oil alone is not enought to cause a reaction as this is such a refined part of the original product now we stear clear of anything that has nut oil in (most chinese food) as a saftey precaution. so it may be that arachis oil alone is not enough to cause a reaction.

im sure others have different opinions but this is just based on my personal findings.

Hi mate, thanks for the reply.

I don't think i'm as severe as that, for example my parents buy and eats nuts, and there are usually nut products in the house, and i can handle them i think. But i've always avoided consuming anything with nuts or a big chance of having nuts in, so i'm not sure how allergic i really am now.

If i was really severe then i'd guess i would have likely had some form of reaction from something i've consumed in the years passed, but i haven't.

Why i'm going for test to be honest, as it is the only way i can be really sure. How do they test out of interest?

They do a prick test, with a small ammount of nut protein on to see if there is a skin reaction

That being said, even if you are allergic its still very unlikely you would react to refined peanut oil. You have to be careful though as you can also get unrefined peanut oil which would be dangerous.

Hope this helps mate

Back