• TMuscle acknowledges the use of AAS (anabolic and androgenic steroids) POMs (prescription-only medicines) and other performance-enhancing substances in bodybuilding today. It aims to provide reliable information on their safe administration, side effects and dangers.

TMuscle does not approve or support the unlawful supply, possession or use of any drug.

Members may report and describe factually their experiences with AAS and brands of AAS and POMs.

Members may not offer to supply or facilitate the unlawful supply of AAS, POMS or other controlled drugs on TMuscle or its messaging systems.

Are Short Course Orals Moderate Dose Really That Problematic?

Mr mac

TM Health & Safety officer
Top Contributor
Right here's my thoughts on the subject.

If doses are kept low to moderate and I mean 30mg dbol for example providing the lab is good quality then something ran for say 4-5 weeks providing diet is decent etc then any raises in blood work surely are very temporary. Clearance times are quick hence pro athletes still using orals and most like orals to kick start a course anyway.
Obviously I'm not talking long term use and off time would be double to triple off. Bill march apparently got amazing results from 15mg (I think) from the original Ziegler dbol ran for several weeks leading up to the olympic weightlifting trials back in the early 60s.

Are all the negatives from orals simply because people use such big doses?? And want to much to quick??

Thoughts please good and bad.

Ive just finished 4weeks dbol, 2weeks 30mg which really was the sweet spot, 2-3weeks 20mg, gains in that 4weeks were superior to the previous 8weeks of oils, no sides i noticed, 2-3kg water retention, ive been off just over a week now, and my strengths the same, to all that say dbol only is useless, i disagree

Right here's my thoughts on the subject.

If doses are kept low to moderate and I mean 30mg dbol for example providing the lab is good quality then something ran for say 4-5 weeks providing diet is decent etc then any raises in blood work surely are very temporary. Clearance times are quick hence pro athletes still using orals and most like orals to kick start a course anyway.
Obviously I'm not talking long term use and off time would be double to triple off. Bill march apparently got amazing results from 15mg (I think) from the original Ziegler dbol ran for several weeks leading up to the olympic weightlifting trials back in the early 60s.

Are all the negatives from orals simply because people use such big doses?? And want to much to quick??

Thoughts please good and bad.

Ive just finished 4weeks dbol, 2weeks 30mg which really was the sweet spot, 2-3weeks 20mg, gains in that 4weeks were superior to the previous 8weeks of oils, no sides i noticed, 2-3kg water retention, ive been off just over a week now, and my strengths the same, to all that say dbol only is useless, i disagree

Would suggest the oils you were using were poor if gained more on that Dbol dose!

Daily dosing, or breaking the dose up into multiple servings @Mr mac ?

Last edited:
I think it depends on your idea of problematic, putting anything 'un-natural' into your body could have some effect, even Dr prescribed and supplied meds. It just up to you to decide what consequences you are willing to accept.

Righty Split up over 4 times throughout the day. Giff glad you made good gains but 7lb water in a few weeks I'm not sure that's what I would want
I'm thinking then would 20-25mg for weeks yield just a few lean lbs gain.

Re read your post giff and it looks then that your initial 20mg for the first few weeks was your best point correct??

Last edited:
Bok I agree totally but that's what I mean that if you decide to go this route then 4 weeks get a small gain then try like fuck to retain those few gained lbs lean for as long as possible then look at going again.

I know when I spoke with iron addict he said he used Bol for large parts of the year without much blood work influence now maybe he was lucky maybe the sides over rated

Personally when I ran dbol for 6 weeks and had bloods done, the only noticeable, (unexpected), change was red blood cell count was high, but still in range. Apparently Tbol is much 'friendlier' than Dbol, on the body for the same gains, but never tried it myself.

When i was on the 30mg i noticed no sides other than water, was 103kg at one point, strength was through the roof, reduced it to 20mg and weight went down to around 100, 101, still made good gains but did lose some effectiveness, now im sitting at 98kg, with that low dose ive only lost a slight bit of strength in deads, not noticed it much in anything else, i think with the right diet 25mg could be extended to more than 4wks, and you could make decent gains

Righty Split up over 4 times throughout the day. Giff glad you made good gains but 7lb water in a few weeks I'm not sure that's what I would want
I'm thinking then would 20-25mg for weeks yield just a few lean lbs gain.

Re read your post giff and it looks then that your initial 20mg for the first few weeks was your best point correct??

I was on 60mg tbol and just 30mg dbol blows it out the water, if your already lean a small dose of dbol and the right diet that little bit of water fills you out nice

Personally when I ran dbol for 6 weeks and had bloods done, the only noticeable, (unexpected), change was red blood cell count was high, but still in range. Apparently Tbol is much 'friendlier' than Dbol, on the body for the same gains, but never tried it myself.

Book how much did you run because to be honest every internet bit of advice is always run dbol at 50mg etc which Is massively over the original invented planned dose, now I know that's the same for everything injectable a etc but again I then go back to my point of someone who is already lean that puts 6-8lean mass lbs onto the physique using minimal is going about things the right way as opposed to the newbie that simply want that scale weight 25lb increase

50mg is a lot, thats when you do get spots, lethargy etc, and who knows what else, i wouldnt do 50mg, awesome gains from 30 and no sides i noticed, 20 you can make good gains but you need the diet and training right, to me that dose is just a slight edge, when i do it again ill be doing 25mg, if you can take the minimum and gain why do more

Book how much did you run because to be honest every internet bit of advice is always run dbol at 50mg etc which I massively over the original planned dose now I know that's the same for everything but again I then go back to my point of someone who is already lean that puts 6-8lean mass lbs onto the physique using minimal is going about things the right way as opposed to the newbie that simply want that scale weight 25lb increase

50mg is a lot, thats when you do get spots, lethargy etc, and who knows what else, i wouldnt do 50mg, awesome gains from 30 and no sides i noticed, 20 you can make good gains but you need the diet and training right, to me that dose is just a slight edge, when i do it again ill be doing 25mg, if you can take the minimum and gain why do more

What were you running when you hit your 200kg bench?

Back