Ask Me Questions About Huel

Discussion in 'Huel' started by James Collier, Nov 2, 2015.

1. RS86

RS86 Top Contributor

2. A1243R

A1243R Top Contributor

James, one thing I'd like to ask please mate is regarding a fully liquid diet or huel what about our teeth?

My Mrs is a dental nurse and I was speaking to the dentist she works with and he seems to think that if you were to live off a liquid diet for any considerable length of time it would have an impact on your teeth. When you're teeth aren't being used they will essentially become redundant? Is this something that has been explored / mentioned?

3. James Collier

James Collier Full Member

Hi A

It has been raised before. The only populations who previously have survived on completely liquid diets and enterally fed people with a clinical need. There have been no issues of dental hygeine provided that teeth are cleaned in the usual regular way which, of course, we recommend that you do when consuming Huel.

A1243R likes this.
  4. A1243R

A1243R Top Contributor

Thanks for the reply buddy. It wasn't in terms of dental hygiene as such it was more the fact that the teeth won't be used. It sound daft but they would essentially become redundant wouldn't they.

Anyway thanks for the reply. I can't really see it causing any issue it was just something I thought I'd ask :D

5. James Collier

The primary function of teeth is for chewing and biting, so there would be little use for them. They do keep mouth structure as well. I guess if everyone was to consuming a 100% liquid diet for a few generations, Darwinism may see fit to get rid of them....!

A1243R likes this.
  6. A1243R

A1243R Top Contributor

That's exactly what he was basically saying... Our teeth would end up falling out.

7. James Collier

Well our own teeth won't fall out with good dental hygeine, but who knows what could happen with evolution.

A1243R likes this.