1. While members here are knowledgeable, they are not doctors and are not able to diagnose or recommend treatment for medical conditions. Please consult a health care professional rather than risk your health.
    Dismiss Notice

Back Pain Sldl

Discussion in 'Injuries, Health & Personal Care' started by Simon90, Oct 13, 2021.

1. Simon90

Simon90 Top Contributor

Had a shooting pain doing sldl last night in the lower back, happened as I was coming out of the stretch on way back up. Felt like a stabbing/shooting pain right in the bottom of the spine.. I dropped the bar and didn't carry on.
    I went and did some hypers to get some blood into the lower back then went home and iced it.
    It doesn't feel like muscular pain, more a dull ache/stiffness now deep in the very bottom of the spine.. Been reading and thinking its si joint, anyone have any clue? Or felt similar?
    Will see physio aswell after a couple days

2. Big Balls

Big Balls Full Member

get better soon bro... sometimes i think Hypers are safer! Doing the right thing going to an expert.

Simon90 likes this.
  3. mal

mal Top Contributor

Could be a ligament strain, lots of them down there, youl need to rest unfortunately for a good few weeks, i wouldnt try pushing through it mate...try and train around it as much as poss..

Simon90 likes this.
  4. Simon90

Simon90 Top Contributor

Cheers guys I'm hoping it's nothing the icing is helping and it's not really sore just stiff now... It hurts a little if I sit down and relax my core/lean forward but doesn't hurt to bend over etc

mal and Big Balls like this.
  5. GhostOf2Can

GhostOf2Can Top Contributor

Take a week off and hit the RH 3-4 times this week and next then start back light and keep the RH in at 2-3 times a week

Simon90 likes this.
  6. Simon90

Simon90 Top Contributor

We don't have one unfortunately, will have to improvise with a band

7. Greedy Ben

Greedy Ben Top Contributor

You can do them on a flat bench too and laying head down on an incline (you'll look a right wally).

Even standing glute kickbacks can looses things off a bit or laying on your front, open your legs and prop yourself up on your elbows for a few mins.

No sciatica/tingling/numbess etc so hopefully just a strain.

Simon90 likes this.
  8. Simon90

Simon90 Top Contributor

Good idea that mate cheers... I used to do em over the safety bars on a squat rack and it was akward as fuck lol

I'm hoping that's all it is, my main worry is herniated disk

9. Greedy Ben

Greedy Ben Top Contributor

Look up Dr Andrew Lock on IG if you have it, he has a lot of stuff on back issues. Herniated disc is obviously a bad outcome but can be rehabbed in a reasonable timeframe. Just depends on how physical your job is as to how much it affects you.

Rogue sell Westsides folding reverse hyper, would be a good investment if you have space. Can always sell on after too. Every gym should have one.

https://www.rogueeurope.eu/westside-scout-hyper-eu

Simon90 likes this.
  10. Simon90

Simon90 Top Contributor

Cheers mate, I don't have Instagram I'll have to check him on my Mrs phone... I'm gonna ask my gym if they'll order one

Greedy Ben likes this.