Back To Training

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by Asrar, Dec 26, 2016.

1. Asrar

Asrar Full Member

Sounds nice.

2. Asrar

Asrar Full Member

Yesterday was Back day. I was busy yesterday. I had a 8 hour busy shift at work and finished at 2.30 AM. I was tired.

Today was a rest day and I weighed myself and I lost 6lb. I know most is water because during work, I was sweating alot due to my job requiring my to go up stairs etc with deliveries.

It is not an easy or hard job. It can tire you out constant in and out of the car. I did 21 deliveries and drove 80 miles It can be rewarding when someone tips you. It makes it worthwhile running up all the stairs lol.

I think leave the calories where they are and see next week the weight again.

I have work again tonight 5.30 to 2AM. I will take 2 meals with me because I am starving during my shift and this way I wont cheat and get a pizza.

PR3SSUR3 likes this.
  3. PR3SSUR3

PR3SSUR3 If nothing was learned, nothing was taught. Full Member

Training Log:
    Click Here
    Good idea, "fail to prepare, prepare to fail"

Asrar likes this.
  4. Asrar

Asrar Full Member

I have not blogged in a couple of days. I have been busy. My brother got engaged on Monday, I had relatives come over so I was spending time with family and also working.

I went to the gym on Monday for a quick chest session. I kept my meals clean even in the hall where my brother was getting engaged. I avoided the cake and oily food and stuck with clean meats etc.

I have been good with my diet, trying my best to stick with the macros.

I could not train on Tuesday so that put my schedule kind of off. I trained Back and biceps yesterday. Today was legs. The workouts have been good. I am loosing weight at a good rate.
    The leg workout fatigued me.

Barbell squats
    4 sets
    1 - 100 kg 8 reps
    2 - 100 kg 8 reps
    3 - 105 kg 6 reps
    4 105 kg 5 reps

Stiff legged deadlift barbell
    4 sets 60 kg 8-10 reps

Smith machine squats
    4 sets 70 kg 8-10 reps

Leg press
    4 sets
    127 kg 12 reps
    2 sets 134 kg 8-10 reps
    1 set 147 kg 6-8 reps

Seated hamstring curls
    5 sets 45 kg - 47 kg 8-12 reps

Standing hamstring curls
    4 sets slowly increasing weight to 11 kg

It is a alot of volume, I am only training legs once a week so recovery should not be a problem.

I came home and ate 300 grams chicken breast with 150 grams boiled white rice with some salad. I was behind on my meals as I woke up late today. I had a shift last night at work.

PR3SSUR3 likes this.
  5. PR3SSUR3

PR3SSUR3 If nothing was learned, nothing was taught. Full Member

Training Log:
    Click Here
    Well done with sticking to the diet, especially at the family functions, I had a big do last week, masses of home made baked cakes, victoria sponges, muffins, chocolates galore, sweets, pork pies the lot, was a real test but didn't touch a thing. Good on you mate :) makes you stronger being able to watch others eat and abstain, does me each time I successfully make it through one of those kind of things without giving in.

Asrar likes this.
  6. Asrar

Asrar Full Member

It is hard but I have to think about what I am trying to achieve.

7. Asrar

Asrar Full Member

Training has been gong good. I have been working long hours yesterday I finished around 3.30 Am in the morning.

I trained Chest on Friday and Back and triceps yesterday. I had a good session. I have been so tired due to finishing work late.

The diet has been good. I lost 3 lb or so today. I will check again next week. I still am eating at 2500 calories. I have not changed anything, I will need to if the weight stops dropping.

8. Pie ead

Pie ead Full Member

I thought you were gonna give the good stuff a go?

Asrar likes this.
  9. Asrar

Asrar Full Member

What stuff ?

10. Asrar

Asrar Full Member

I trained Back yesterday. I was supposed to train legs today but got a call from working asking If I wanted to work. I said yes then I made plans with family. I am going to train Legs tomorrow with a friend of mines in a new gym. It is called Extreme gym. The day pass is £10. They have a ton of machines for legs. I thought it would be good to try out and If I like it, I might join. I would only go to pure gym if I am in a real rush or if I cant go in the morning.

The extreme gym has a Hack squat, leg press, they have various different machines. The level of quality is exceptional. I have been there in once. At first it is little intimidating for me. I am not used to that enviornment. I think it is a good training gym. No one messes around and everyone trains.

J160885 likes this.
  11. Asrar

Asrar Full Member

I am back.
    I trained legs on Thursday. It was a good workout. It was good to try out other machines. I will be joining that gym on Monday.
    Barbell squats
    3 sets 100 kg 8 reps 4th set 110 kg 6 reps
    Stiff legged with plate in front of toes.
    4 sets 60 kg 8-10 reps
    Hack squat like a front squat
    We kept moving the weight up till we could only get 8 reps. I did not write it down.
    Leg press single leg. I did not write it down, I was following my friend routine. He did a set then I did.
    Lying hamstring curls 4 sets 8-12 reps
    Seated hamstring curls
    4 sets 10-12 reps
    Donkey calve raises
    4 sets 12-15 reps.
    My legs were sore as hell.

I did chest on Friday and back today. I look forward to joining the new gym.
    I am at work now so best get back.

12. Pie ead

Pie ead Full Member

Steroids

Asrar likes this.
  13. Pie ead

Pie ead Full Member

Dosent your pure gym have a hack squat? Most the ones in Manchester do, in the late 70s when I first started training the only machine I remember being in the gym was a sort of home made lat pull down, it was just barbell and dumbbells and benches.

Asrar likes this.
  14. Asrar

Asrar Full Member

If I was to use, I simply would not have a clue in regards to dosages. It also costs alot of money. I am not experienced in that field.

Pie ead likes this.
  15. Asrar

Asrar Full Member

My gym has a smith machine which is good as well. The new gym has more leg machines. I find in pure gym. I am waiting on machines. The guys that train in Extreme gym are all huge, this will give me motivation to train harder.

Pie ead likes this.