Back To Training

Today was Chest and Triceps. The chest is cramping today, it must mean I did something right.

Dumbbell incline
3 sets 27 kg 7-8 reps Strength is there
4th set 30 kg 3 reps. Next session, I will do 2 sets 30 kg fresh to get more reps

Dumbbell flat
2 sets 30 kg 7-8 reps
2 sets 32 kg 3-5 reps

Decline machine
3 sets 70 kg 6-8 reps

Pec fly
3 sets 59 kg 7-8 reps
4th set 53 kg 7 reps, the chest was fatigued.

I tried cable fly, it bothered my shoulder today slightly for some reason on the program Andy gave me it has 2 fly movements.

Triceps
Straight bar extension
3 sets 57 kg 6-10 reps. I went heavier today, keeping good form, sticking elbows in the side.

Dips weight plated
3 sets 70 kg 8-10 reps
4th set 80 kg 6 reps. The arms were shaking, I only got 6 reps, I then went straight back and did 2 more reps.

Cardio was 30 minutes cross trainer whilst watching a new show on Netflix, it is called Mind Hunters, it is a good show. It makes cardio time go fast by watching something.

Today was Back. I could not the cardio in the gym due to time but I will do the cardio outside for a 30 minute walk. It is better than nothing.

Bent over rows
3 sets 90 kg 7-8 reps

Dumbbell row
1 set 40 kg 8-10 reps
2 sets 42.5 kg 6-8 reps

T bar rows
3 sets 50 kg 8-10 reps

Seated cable rows
3 sets
85 kg 6-8 reps
75 kg 7-8 reps
65 kg 10 reps

cable pullover
3 sets 35 kg 8-10 reps

Today was Leg day, I am sore and tired.

Squats
4 sets 110 kg 5-6 reps.
It felt heavier today, I had pain in my hamstrings today, the hamstrings were fried for some reason, it made the squats harder.

Stiff legged deadlift
3 sets 70 kg 6 reps

Hack squat
2 sets 150 kg 8 reps
2 sets 170 kg 6-8 reps

Leg press single leg
3 sets 70 kg 7-8 reps

Lying hamstring curls
3 sets 8-10 reps

Seated hamstring curls
3 sets 10-15 reps

Cardio 30 minutes.

Post workout 1 apple, 2 scoops whey protein
Post workout meal
250 grams rice, 100 grams chicken, 4 rice cakes with jam. I love my post workout meal, the carbs are delcious. I have 2 meals left.

What's the bodyweight going like mate?

You enjoying the training and experience of being coached?

What's the bodyweight going like mate?

You enjoying the training and experience of being coached?
I have not checked my weight yet. I will check on Sunday. My coach said to me do not rely on the scale, he said to observe the mirror more. I will be checking in with measurements, weight on Sunday. This is to gauge where my progress is headed.

I was ill last week so I did not check my weight as I was not active because of the cold. I am fine now and training hard.

Training with a coach is good, he laid out the training plan and it is easy to follow.

I would say my bodyfat is dropping, my clothes are getting looser, I was thinking of taking pictures to show.

Today was a rest day for the gym needed to rest up.
I have a session tomorrow shoulders and cardio

Today the meals have been good

Meal 1 - 7 egg whites, 1 whole egg, 60 grams oats

Meal 2 - white fish and rice, spinach, lettuce, etc.

Meal 3 - chicken and rice with almonds

Meal 4 - same as Meal 2 but with almonds

Meal 5 - Oats with 1 scoop protein with peanut butter

Meal 6 - 0 fat yogurt, 1 scoop whey protein, peanut butter and some rice crispies.

Today was shoulders and cardio, it was a good workout.
I notice during winter time, I am so tired. I feel like sleeping, I think it's because the hearing is on in the house and to you sit and relax.

Shoulders are done.

Reverse pec fly
3-4 sets 8-12 reps
Dumbell reverse fly's
3 sets 7.5 kg 10-12 reps

Dumbell shoulder press
4 sets 17 kg 6-8 reps
Dumbell side lateral
2 sets 10 kg 8-10 reps
1 set 12 jr 6-8 reps

Cable side lateral
3 sets 6-10 reps

Dumbell shrugs
3 sets 35 kg 6-8 reps

Cardio 30 minutes.

I gave a check in to Andy, he was happy with the progress I made, I lost weight and inches also.

I was 91 kg when I started with Andy, I now 90.3, Andy was happy with this, I also lost some inches everywhere,
weight - 0.5 kg lost
waist - 2 inches off
hips - 1.3 inches off
arms 0.3 inches off
thighs - 1.3 inches off
chest - 1.1 inches off

So far things are going in the right direction, Andy has slightly reduced the carb intake not to drastic.

Today was a rest day to relax, no gym today and no work. I will be sitting home doing studying and I will be going out to watch some fireworks today.

Today was chest and triceps, the workout was good, the weights felt slightly heavier, that is normal I suppose as I am loosing weight etc.

Dumbbell incline
3 sets 27.5 kg 6-7 reps, it felt heavy. I wanted to do 2 sets 30 but I was not feeling it today
1 set 30 kg 4-5 reps.

Barbell flat
4 sets 60 kg 6-8 reps. Not done flat barbell in a long time.

Decline machine
3 sets 70 kg 6-8 reps

Cable fly
3 sets 8-10 reps

pec fly
2 sets 59 kg 6-10 reps
1 set 53 kg 6-8 reps

I was told by Andy to do 2 fly movements hence why.

Triceps
Straight bar
3 sets 41 10-12 reps

overhead dumbbell
3 sets 17 kg 8-10 reps. This can bother my elbows, I am working on form at the moment.

Dips (weight plate)
3 sets 80 kg 6-8 reps.

Cardio 30 minutes.

Post workout 1 banana, 2 scoops whey protein

I am setting myself goals for next year to hopefully achieve.
These are the lifts I want to improve on.

Bench flat - 60 kg - 80 kg
Dumbbell incline 30 kg - 40 kg

bent over row - 90 kg - 100 kg
dumbbell row - 42 kg - 50 kg

squats 110 kg - 120-130 kg
hack squat - 180 kg 200-210

These are some of them, I want all of my lifts to get stronger as this is the target, that was some of them.

Alright guys, yesterday was a back day. The workout went good, I got some good numbers, I am sticking with basic movements.
Back
Bent over rows
3 sets 90 kg 6-8 reps

Dumbbell row
3-4 sets 45 kg 5-8 reps
Heavy weight, strict form.

Lower back was hurting since morning, the tbar rows is on a platform, it makes it awkward for my back, plus there is no mirror to see if my lower back is rounding
I had to subsitute the Tbar rows with a mavhine exercise

Machine row
3 sets 125 kg 6-8 reps, again sticking with heavy weight, moderate reps, high intense sets.

Cable seated rows
3 sets 85 kg. I did 2 sets 85 kg 6-8 reps, the form started to break down, so I went down to 75 kg and 8 reps, I always try to maintain strict form

Cable pullover
3 sets, the cable machine does not have the weight number on the rack, I wrote down how many down it was so in future, I can just count down.

I noticed Andy has not put lat pulldown on the routine, there must be a reason for this, I am simply following his routine he told me.

Cardio 25 minutes, I had very little time due to class starting, the gym is about 15 minute drive, so I had to go home eat, shower then go to class.

Today was Leg day. It was a heavy day for me.

Squats
3 sets 110 kg 5-6 reps
4th set. I wanted to go for a PB, I thought it is best to try, my legs were shaking and I was scared for some reason, the squat rack does not have safety bars on them.
I did 120 kg for 3 reps, the reps were not the best but I gave it my all, I kept my back straight, the depth was good. I was surprised with it.

Stiff legged dead lift
3 sets 70 kg 4-8 reps, the grip was failing, I have been meaning to buy straps, I had some in the car, I cant find them. My arms were hurting for some reason.

Hack squat
I tried 200 kg. I managed to get 6 reps, it was grinders lol.
2 - 190 kg 7-8 reps
3 - 190 kg 7-8 reps
4 - 180 kg 5 reps, the legs were just fried.

Leg press (single leg)
1 - 50 kg 12-15 reps
2 sets 70 kg 10-12 reps
1 set 75 kg 8-10 reps

Lying hamstring curls
3 sets 8-10 reps, again the weight is not accuratly written on the stack, I just write down how many down is the pin on.

seated hamstring curls
3 sets 10-12 reps

No cardio today, legs were fried, I am only doing cardio 4 days a week, which me and Andy have agreed with.

Post workout is my favourite lol.
1 banana, 2 scoops whey protein

1 hour later
250 grams white rice, 100 grams chicken, 4 rice cakes with jam. It is heaven. I sometimes want to train just so I can eat some of those lol.

Yesterday was shoulders and cardio.
Today was a arm day.

I do a arm day because I am supposed to do cardio 4 days a week, I don't do cardio on leg day because I've tried it and I get cramps in my legs and walking is hard enough after leg day.

I sometimes can't train biceps after back because on Tuesday I have a class at 1, so I train in the morning and I have just enough time for a back and some cardio.

I have a arm day so I can do the exercises that Andy said to do which I could not do on this day.

I stick with the exercises he said.

Strength is coming back.

It was a good arm workout
I can't post the weight, I will post the sets because I am not home at the moment, so I don't have my note pad with me.

Triceps
Straight bar extension
3 sets to warm up the elbows

Rope extension
3 sets

Close grip
3-4 sets

Dips
3 sets

Dumbell curls seated
3 sets

Ez curl bar
3 sets

Cardio 30 minutes. The weight is moderate to heavy.

Today was a rest day for me. I updated Andy via email about my weight, etc.

He was happy with what is happening.

I was 90.3 kg last Sunday, today I am 89.5 kg, so its a good weight loss. I also lost inches from my waist, hips, chest.

I also sent him pictures as well.

So far so good. I am happy with the results so far. I will stick with Andy, he is a very good coach, the advice is spot on.

Back