Back To Training

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by Asrar, Dec 26, 2016.

1. Asrar

Asrar Top Contributor

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    That is a poor bicep pose. My arms are too small to pull it off but I thought just try it lol.

[​IMG]

Please excuse the trunks and the body hair lol. If I do compete one day which is my goal then I will shave then but for now there is no need to shave.

2. pooley1810

pooley1810 Top Contributor

Always difficult to hit decent poses when taking pics yourself
    Shoulders and traps look to be growing and Taking shape

Asrar likes this.
  3. Asrar

Asrar Top Contributor

Thank you mate. Now I need the legs to grow. The chest, back and arms also need to grow more lol. Ideally I want everything to grow lol.

4. Asrar

Asrar Top Contributor

Monday was Back, I got some pbs on that session, which was really good. It is a nice feeling leaving the gym after getting new personal bests. If I dont get a PB, it does feel rotten. Every session, I aim to leave with nothing in the tank.

I took a day off yesterday to rest and recover.

Today was quads. I always warm up and stretch, etc. I struggled with the barbell squat today. It just did not flow, I dont know what was wrong, was it my foot position, it was something. I just could not move the weight. I struggled with 120 kg today. Last session, I managed 7 reps easily this session, I just managed to grind 7 reps, I just was not feeling it.

Although I did not let that determine how the rest of my workout would go and I managed to hit new personal bests on all the other exercises, I think that is one thing I have learned is not to beat myself up if one exercise does not to plan.

I was not feeling too bad since I did get new personal bests on the other exercises.

Tomorrow I have shoulders, this is another session which is the toughest for me since my pushing is weak lol. I always push myself 110%, that is all that I can do.

J160885 likes this.
  5. Asrar

Asrar Top Contributor

Today was check in with Andy. The weight has gone up slightly again, which is a good thing. Last week I was 84 kg, this week I was 84.2 kg. It is slow gains, I have lost some inches also. My waist is 28 inches. That is for me good. It has not increased since the cut. The other measurements have also went down slightly. Which is good because this is meant to be a lean bulk.

The strength is going up, I hit Hamstrings and quads yesterday and got personal bests. So strength is going up and weight is slowly going up. This is a step in the right direction.

Andy has made changes to the diet, he has added more carbs in my rest day, I am really happy with this because on my rest days, I was starving. It was a 1000 calorie difference between my rest day and training day calories.

Today was chest. It was a ok session. I lost my notes from last chest session. I made some personal bests. My weakness is my pushing. I will need to turn that weakness into a strength. I also did triceps and calves. I am thinking of training calves more since I am bulking, they can do with getting bigger.

I have tons to study, I will post pictures later.

6. Asrar

Asrar Top Contributor

Hi all, sorry I have not been active. I have been busy with work and also exam preparation for college.

I have been working hard at the gym and getting pbs at almost every session. The strength is going up. I am still staying lean and weight is going up.

This weeks check in, the weigh went up. I was 84.2 last week, this week I was 84.8 kg. Andy was happy with the progress.

I will post some pictures here.

Thank you.

7. Asrar

Asrar Top Contributor

Here is a picture from my school days. It was 10 years ago or so. Please do not laugh lol.
    [​IMG]

Here are some with not natural lighting.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

pooley1810 likes this.
  8. Pie ead

Pie ead Full Member

Looking great fella

Asrar likes this.
  9. Asrar

Asrar Top Contributor

Thank you.

10. Asrar

Asrar Top Contributor

Hi all, sorry I have been busy with college revision, I did not get time to blog.

I have been having good workouts, I am getting pbs.

Today check in I gained some weight again, which is a good thing. The weight was 84.8 kg last week, this week it is 85.2 kg. So its no too much. The strength is going up and the measurements are staying the same with the weight going up.

I trained chest and arms today. It was a ok workout. I matched last week session. I just was not feeling it today. It could be that my form was better today than last week. I have been going through some personal issues, which sometimes can take toll as well. I still went to the gym regardless. I dont let anything deter me from going to the gym. Problems are a part of life and if I let them control me then that is not right.

I will be having a cheat meal today. It will be dominos. I have been craving it for ages lol.

The month of fasting starts soon. It starts 16-17 May. I am not looking forward to it lol. I will have to relocate gym for a month to Pure Gym. Pure Gym is 24 hours, I will be going to the gym after the fast. I have told this to Andy, so I think next week he will create a plan for me to follow.

pooley1810 likes this.
  11. pooley1810

pooley1810 Top Contributor

Be interesting to see how your coach adapts your diet to your fasting period

Asrar likes this.
  12. noel

noel Top Contributor

just have to cram it in like a regular fasting type (which is quite fashionable at the moment)... had to do this a lot with fighters (gym in East London and then Singapore) so a lot of muslim boys. Doesn't help with the tiredness though, performance definitely suffers so just have to adjust it a little and back off the intensity a bit. normally did a decent meal as soon as sundown, then boys trained then ate again, then some shakes with fats else just a massively bloat a thon

Asrar and pooley1810 like this.
  13. Asrar

Asrar Top Contributor

Same, I am interested to see what he does.

mal likes this.
  14. Asrar

Asrar Top Contributor

I dont like training with a full stomach because for me training suffers. I will have to taper the intensity slightly to to overcome fatigue. I think Andy will create the plan next week.

noel likes this.
  15. Asrar

Asrar Top Contributor

Here are some pictures. I have some older pictures when I just started training, etc. I am glad that I have them saved, it helps me look back on the progress I have made.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And this is now
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The journey has only begun. I hope to compete one day but I dont want to set a date and put pressure on myself. I just want to enjoy training without pressure. When time comes me and Andy will come with a plan.

J160885 and pooley1810 like this.