Back To Training

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by Asrar, Dec 26, 2016.

1. Asrar

Asrar Top Contributor

Yesterday was a day off. I had a exam in the morning. I think it went ok, time will tell.

I had some good news, my cousin had a baby boy. I am an uncle to 2. I feel old lol. The diet went good, I went to my cousins house, they did offer me some food but I declined and went home and proceeded to eat my chicken and rice with peanuts lol. I am a saddo but I call it staying on track with my diet.

Today was Quad focused workout with hamstring at the end. I woke up feeling so tired for some reason. I just felt like I had nothing in the tank, it could be the weather, we had some amazing sunshine and today it was just depressing with rain.

Regardless I got some new personal bests. I was really happy, it usually happens to me. The day I feel like shit is the day I get personal bests.

I managed to get 120 kg 10 reps. Last week I got 9 reps. So I upped the weight by 5 kg and got 6 reps.
    I also got other personal bests as well. I am trying out the vertical leg press. It is my second time using it. I can really feel it in the hamstrings.

I lost my notepad in the gym. I tried finding it. I left it on Monday and realised today it was not in the gym bag. I had a spare book but I did not have my last weeks session. So now I need to see what numbers I hit last week to beat for the coming sessions.

2. Asrar

Asrar Top Contributor

Ramdan is also coming, it will be 16 or 17 May. I dont like fasting. IMO I dont see a point in fasting my body and depriving it of food. I am just thinking out loud here. I dont talk religion on here because it is a personal issue for me but I have been really thinking of the concept of religion. I mean people are dying, such attrocites are happening why does God not stop it ?

I ask myself such questions and sometimes doubt the religion theory. I am a muslim and I do practice but recently I have been thinking. If God does exist then why are people doing such horrible things in the world, why is there no peace, etc. I think to myself.

I apologise if this post offends anyone, it was just me thinking out loud.

pooley1810 likes this.
  3. Asrar

Asrar Top Contributor

Hello, I apologise for the inactivity. I have been busy doing college work and also working.

I had a good shoulder session on Thursday. I got some new pbs. I also had a good arm workout and yesterday was Hamstrings with quads. I got some personal bests yesterday. Hamstrings are sore lol.

Today check in was good. The weight went up. I was 85.2 last week. This week I am 85.5-85.6. The weights in the gym are moving up. The measurements some going down and some staying same.

I had a cheat meal on Sunday, I think, so this shows even with the cheat meal that its not negatively affecting me too much.

It could be that I am pushing the weights harder and training more effective. I am getting new personal bests in all sessions.

I am loving training and the food is good.

Today will be the last cheat meal. I will be fasting on Wednesday or Thursday, I wont be able to go out and eat because when you are fasting from water and food. The body really becomes weak and going out becomes very hard. I am prone to migraines, it is worse when I am dehydrated. I will play it smart and only go to work and go to the gym after the fast has opened.

Today is a day off the gym, I am going out with the wifey.

4. Asrar

Asrar Top Contributor

Hello all.

Today was a chest and tricep session in the gym. I made some Personal bests and also matched some from last week. I felt ok today I notice because im sweating lol. The gym is like a sweat box.

The cheat meal helped with the session. Andy is creating the Ramadan plan. I am looking forward to see what he gives me.

Here are some of the pictures. For Ramadan, I am looking making small adjustments in the training split to ensure recovery. Fasting can really take it out you.

I may do a 4 day or 5 day split. I am still thinking of it. I like the split that I have now but because of the fasting, it will make it difficult for recovery and also the month is a personal month for me. It is a time where I can reflect and try to improve internally. If that makes sense lol. When I am not eating, I notice how much time it does take to eat. It is a time to reflect and value food and water.

I was thinking of these 2 splits

1 - Chest, shoulders and triceps
    2 - Back, Traps, biceps
    3 - Legs
    4- Hamstrings

Or
    Chest and Triceps

Back and Biceps

Legs (quads)

Legs Hamstrings

Shoulders

5. Asrar

Asrar Top Contributor

6. FATBOY

FATBOY Age is just a number Competitor

definite changes buddy your doing well

Asrar likes this.
  7. Asrar

Asrar Top Contributor

Thank you, sorry for the late response, I have been busy with college.

8. Asrar

Asrar Top Contributor

Sorry for the absence. I have had lots of college work. I have been trying to fit in work, college and the gym at the same time.
    Andy set up the plan, the only problem is eating enough. With the fast being 10pm to 3 AM. I find eating hard because I break my fast at 10PM then have to eat again at 3AM.

On the days I train, it can be hard to train especially during squats because I am bracing more and the food is still in your system. I wait one hour before going to the gym but still its the volume of food.

Andy has said to have something that would be considered a cheat meal on my rest days for one of the meals. I am currently training 4 days a week. The workouts are not the best because its so hot and the fasting really takes it out of you. Nevertheless no excuses, I am lifting as heavy as I can and trying to beat or at least match them.

I told Andy about this and he told me it is common, with the fasting being so long, it takes a toll on the body, most people I know take the month off but I could never do that.

The weight has been going up. I told Andy I would try and stick to the plan 100% but because it is Ramadan the family kind of pressures into eating extra, Andy said he understands because most also have to bear with this on this month. He is very understanding and created the plan perfectly.

This is fast number 12 over and 13 will start at 3 AM today. I cant wait till Ramadan is over, I will be back strictly to my diet.

zack likes this.
  9. Mackie89

Mackie89

Traps and Delts look great mate! Good to see you’re still smashing it even though you’re having to train in Pure now instead of Extreme, Am I right in thinking it’s now half way through Ramadan? Not long to go now lad keep at it!

zack and Asrar like this.
  10. Asrar

Asrar Top Contributor

Thank you bro, I am training at Pure gym. So many people there just have no gym etiquette.

I am half way today. I just fasted number 14 and 15 will start at 3AM today. I am looking forward to it finishes then back to Extreme gym to make some gains. This fasting really takes it out of you so my strength is not going up like it was but this was expected as the fast really drains you.

zack likes this.
  11. Asrar

Asrar Top Contributor

This weeks schedule has been crazy lol. I was supposed to train legs but decided to rest as I am only training 4 days a week, I can rest more which gives me better recovery to train more intense.

I trained Back and Triceps yesterday and got some personal bests. I added a new exercise for my triceps single overhead cable, I woke up today with the Triceps in muscular pain, it has been so long since this happened. I will add them in for sure.

I was supposed to train Legs but have not yet. The plan was to train them Thursday, which was today but decided to rest and will train them Friday.

Next week I will be on schedule and will train Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Saturday.

After Ramadan it will be back to normal 5-6 days a week training.

zack likes this.
  12. Asrar

Asrar Top Contributor

What up everyone. Ramadan was finished at Friday. Sorry I have been inactive.

I am finished college, I passed all of the exams thank God.

Training has been going good. Some of the weights feel heavier, especially if I have not did the exercise because not all the machines were at Puregym. For example today was Legs, I struggled with 200 kg on the new squat machine for 7 reps. Last time I did the machine I got 8 reps, today was a hard 7.

It will take me time to get back.

I will post pictures of my current physique to show how I look.

RickJsy likes this.
  13. Asrar

Asrar Top Contributor

Whats up people. I did not post pictures I thought I would post today pictures which I took for my check in with Andy.

I am getting new personal bests in all workouts, which is good. I am getting stronger on all movements.

I had a cheat meal last week and bodyweight dropped today, I even lost some inches in my measurements. I think I lost weight because it has been so hot and I work outdoors, so the amount of sweat was immense lol.

14. Asrar

Asrar Top Contributor

15. Asrar

Asrar Top Contributor

The wifey said to me that I look the same and I should not pay any more money to Andy, I said it is a investment, I would spent that money elsewhere so why not on myself. sometimes family don't understand. I am getting stronger and bigger.

I got a compliment from a family member saying I look bigger in terms of muscle, so I think when people live with you may not see the gains but those who see you after a while they may.