Bbc Three - Men Dying For A 6 Pack Inc Dave The Freak Crosland

I would say some thing along these lines......Look yes bb is an obsession and it does have many unhealthy traits to it, I fully agree with this! However, find me one person on this planet that does not participate in unhealthy/crazy behavior. In my opinion to be human is to do things that are not rational. Does it make sense to go and drink tons of ethanol to get high? No! Does it make sense to eat food that is actually unhealthy (most foods out there people!)? No! So now we must ask our selves, what is healthy/sane? Is meditation which is the practice of doing nothing healthy? Perhaps and perhaps not because you're relying on natural chemical release to make you feel good. Is working really hard sane? Not really I mean after a certain point money does equal more happiness so why keep working so hard? Does spending every moment with your family make the most sense? No because after some point it becomes non productive and those kids need interaction with other humans not just your over protective coddling ass! Thus it all boils down to doing things that you enjoy while you're on your limited stay on the planet earth! Want to party in your spare time? Then do it! Want to stretch and meditate on the beach getting those natural highs? Then do it! Want to play monopoly in real life and make as much cash as possible by working every moment? Sure do that if you enjoy that! FINALLY if you enjoy grinding through hard workout after hard workout while eating food out of tupperware all for the sole purpose of having large muscles that fill out your underarmour superman t-shirt....then do that!!!! But don't fucking analysis every move you make while at the same time critiquing other humans "oh she's fat, oh he's got tiny arms compared to me" because in reality if those people give a fuck they would do what you're doing!
TLDR

Only kidding. Very good post

Last edited:
Reactions: Con
On prep the series, Paul opens up and admits that his kidneys are on their way out and says he knows he will be on dialysis in a few years down the line.
His wife even says how she hates it all, hates when he preps, says how selfish it all is etc..
All Paul would look like is this selfish little guy, who has wrecked his health to stand on a stage in some poxy town hall. Then they would see his blown out gut and think he looks disgusting.

Point being, he is no better than Dave, or worse. Like Con mentioned do what you like, do what makes you happy.

P.s I know Dave and he is a good guy. From what I’ve seen on the boards, Paul also seems like a good guy.
i don't take offence to post like these but i wish if your going to quote things you get it right buddy :) i haven't wrecked my health through bodybuilding the kidney disease i have (FSGS) has zero to do with bodybuilding be that diet, training or drugs, it is a blood disorder that i would have if at 18 i took up golf instead of the weights, this might sound defensive, its not its just i prefer people to get the full picture rather the snippets you have written down (you should produce for the BBC)....the blown gut was a confirmed case of diastasic recti again a bit defensive on my part but again the real reason doesn't create the same reaction does it :)

the problem with these programs is that they are designed and set out to show that Bodybuilders are freaks, in my honest opinion the opening snippet of Dave on the leg press lived up to that stereo type, all the grunting blah blah with very little weight to be fair then to say his head split from blood pressure just lives up to that model that has held BB's back in the media for decades, Dave went on to say and sound very good but i feel joe public wont remember the useful things Dave had to say but that opening clip which is a shame.......

Is this right Cornelius? When did this start? Cause of kidney damage?
Not sure of all the details we chatted about it last week on facebook.
Andy Bolton went back and forth with me via PM on FB regarding how he should train these days....he's also on dialysis. (I am not an expert on it and told him to get in contact with Don Long as he competed for years while on dialysis. I am comfortable giving advice on a lot of things.....training on dialysis is not one of them!)

i know recently he had some severe issues with his kidneys (same disease Jonah Lomu had) did not realise he had started Dialysis though.....thats a real shame and i wish him well

Paul, if you read my post I said, “all Paul would look like is...” key being look like, that is how the vast majority would view you. Do you care what they think? Probably not and why should you. But... when people are saying how Dave has a terrible image etc... and then reference you as someone who should go on a bbc show like that... as articulated and educated as you might be, you would still be viewed as someone who has kidney issues due to steroid use/abuse. Same with the gut, they would label it a roid gut, or whatever phrase they may wish to use it.
Point being, it really does not matter who they get on, they will ahve it depicted to show what they want.
You owe me no explanation, but I appreciate the response.
You could also work for the BBC – perspective is the key J lol lmao or whatever other thing you have to put to insert you mean no malice or harm.

I agree that most in fact all media made programs are slanted to make the individual look bad, my point was you described my illness etc in a very as fact way now this it seems from your last post was not the intention but many will just read that post and use that as fact hence why I prefer that people who reference my illness explain it fully.....that might not make sense to you but to me it is a big thing

But that's exactly what people are going to do and will do mate.

That was his point.

As I said earlier, people draw their own conclusions regardless of fact. It is what is.... Fuck what anybody else thinks.
That's fine but that doesn't mean I cannot reply with actual fact though does it? If people say that behind my back then fair enough but I will always put the full story out there if it is done in such a way that I will read or hear it, like I say it's more about someone seeing that one post and then taking it as fact......I see no harm in putting it right on a forum such as this do you?

I would say some thing along these lines......Look yes bb is an obsession and it does have many unhealthy traits to it, I fully agree with this! However, find me one person on this planet that does not participate in unhealthy/crazy behavior. In my opinion to be human is to do things that are not rational. Does it make sense to go and drink tons of ethanol to get high? No! Does it make sense to eat food that is actually unhealthy (most foods out there people!)? No! So now we must ask our selves, what is healthy/sane? Is meditation which is the practice of doing nothing healthy? Perhaps and perhaps not because you're relying on natural chemical release to make you feel good. Is working really hard sane? Not really I mean after a certain point money does equal more happiness so why keep working so hard? Does spending every moment with your family make the most sense? No because after some point it becomes non productive and those kids need interaction with other humans not just your over protective coddling ass! Thus it all boils down to doing things that you enjoy while you're on your limited stay on the planet earth! Want to party in your spare time? Then do it! Want to stretch and meditate on the beach getting those natural highs? Then do it! Want to play monopoly in real life and make as much cash as possible by working every moment? Sure do that if you enjoy that! FINALLY if you enjoy grinding through hard workout after hard workout while eating food out of tupperware all for the sole purpose of having large muscles that fill out your underarmour superman t-shirt....then do that!!!! But don't fucking analysis every move you make while at the same time critiquing other humans "oh she's fat, oh he's got tiny arms compared to me" because in reality if those people give a fuck they would do what you're doing!

this is why you need to be on TV rather than Dave. nobody could summarise the whole ideology behind bodybuilding or anything people consider "extreme" better than you just did with that post!
100% nail on the head.

i don't take offence to post like these but i wish if your going to quote things you get it right buddy :) i haven't wrecked my health through bodybuilding the kidney disease i have (FSGS) has zero to do with bodybuilding be that diet, training or drugs, it is a blood disorder that i would have if at 18 i took up golf instead of the weights, this might sound defensive, its not its just i prefer people to get the full picture rather the snippets you have written down (you should produce for the BBC)....the blown gut was a confirmed case of diastasic recti again a bit defensive on my part but again the real reason doesn't create the same reaction does it :)

the problem with these programs is that they are designed and set out to show that Bodybuilders are freaks, in my honest opinion the opening snippet of Dave on the leg press lived up to that stereo type, all the grunting blah blah with very little weight to be fair then to say his head split from blood pressure just lives up to that model that has held BB's back in the media for decades, Dave went on to say and sound very good but i feel joe public wont remember the useful things Dave had to say but that opening clip which is a shame.......

Tbf to Dave
The leg press was tut calf press...
Not much weight needed lol
But agree with post

Sorry to hear about your fucked kidneys and stomach mate

Hope you get well soon if that's possible

Tbf to Dave
The leg press was tut calf press...
Not much weight needed lol
But agree with post

Sorry to hear about your fucked kidneys and stomach mate

Hope you get well soon if that's possible
i just didn't get the leg press thing at all but then i did not know it was TUT......

Thanks mate, the kidneys cannot be cured even if they gave me a new one this would continue to happen as it is a blood disorder, we have managed to slow down the rate though which is good and the Hospital/consultant have been great so am being well looked after......the stomach i was going to go down the surgery route but managed to reduce it hugely from doing certain exercises, it was a bastard as i did not know what it was when i competed and i did not have it at the start of prep......

i understand the stigma behind the sport we do (yep i said sport lol) i just got back from a weekend with the family at Centre Parcs and my daughter (she is 16 tomorrow) was getting annoyed at all the looks and nudges people where making as i walked past in the pool, it annoys her because i go to the gym and look healthy but if i was to do the same to a fat person it would be me in the wrong.........being stared at does not bother me so much it makes me laugh sometimes but i do feel angry when some obese man or woman pass judgement in the ear shot of my kids to how disgusting i look when in fact they are far more unhealthy and disgusting than me.........but like has been said it is a perception that Joe public get and programs like these do not help to be honest

legit TL;DR... but after a few replies, I went back & read it :lol: glad I did. very good post

@Pscarb I agree with you 100% and like @doink says it's all about perception, I would do the same in your shoes. I'm glad you could see what my point was with my post.

With reference to the situation at centre parks. A few years ago, a very heavy over weight girl, came over and pointed at the veins in my arms “yuk disgusting steroid veins” I said excuse me? How would you feel if I touched your leg and told you how disgusting your cellulite was. She erupted went crazy, started crying etc.. told her friend what had happened and her friend simply said, she deserves that then.

i just didn't get the leg press thing at all but then i did not know it was TUT......

Thanks mate, the kidneys cannot be cured even if they gave me a new one this would continue to happen as it is a blood disorder, we have managed to slow down the rate though which is good and the Hospital/consultant have been great so am being well looked after......the stomach i was going to go down the surgery route but managed to reduce it hugely from doing certain exercises, it was a bastard as i did not know what it was when i competed and i did not have it at the start of prep......

i understand the stigma behind the sport we do (yep i said sport lol) i just got back from a weekend with the family at Centre Parcs and my daughter (she is 16 tomorrow) was getting annoyed at all the looks and nudges people where making as i walked past in the pool, it annoys her because i go to the gym and look healthy but if i was to do the same to a fat person it would be me in the wrong.........being stared at does not bother me so much it makes me laugh sometimes but i do feel angry when some obese man or woman pass judgement in the ear shot of my kids to how disgusting i look when in fact they are far more unhealthy and disgusting than me.........but like has been said it is a perception that Joe public get and programs like these do not help to be honest

Ah mate that's a shitter
At the very least your slowing it down so that's good news

Lol 16 2mo... bet that's a horrible feeling for so many reasons lol
Happy birthday day to your daughter btw.

Ah mate
I'm just back from a week in Tennereif...
If I had a quid for every look and convo started about me when there it would have covered the cost of the hols and paid my rent for a couple weeks when I got home lol

I'm not even that impressive in person ether lol

It's some thing that we are usta
My kids dnt even notice yet
By the time they do they'll prob both be lifting weights any way lol

Back