Jim

2x British Champ
Competitor
Ok so... It's been a while

Intro
Name - James Watts
Height - 5.4 3/4"
Weight - 94k (current)
MuscleXcess sponsored athlete (currently)
Been competing since 2010
Won my 1st show in 2012
Became British champ 2014

Full comp history -
Stars of tomorrow 2010 Mr u80 3rd
Stars of tomorrow 2011 Mr u80 4th
South coast championships 2012 Mr u80 1st and overall
British finals 2012 Mr u80 8th
Stars of tomorrow 2012 4th
Kent classic 2014 Mr u90 2nd
British finals 2014 Mr u80 1st
Grand prix 2015 Mr u90 1st

Content -
In this journal I will cover my training and diet mainly but I'm sure you'll get a little insight into who I am as a person and what goes in in day to day life etc.
This journal will span over a full 12 months, my off season and prep into the finals next yr.

I'll try to be as detailed as poss so if iv missed some thing or you have any questions just ask.

Didn't wanna make the intro too long so I'll leave it there

Couple of pics

Attachments

• 1444526907200.jpg
    1444526907200.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 584
  • 1444526942455.jpg
    1444526942455.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 655
Last edited:
@AaronHudson

Yea was gonna do the finals
Cba and at about 5wks decided to pull out.

Plan was
Grand prix as a warm up
Arnolds
Brits
Olympia

Had lots of issues with guts
Couldn't figure out what it was that was causing the issues

Had been dieting almost solidly since start of prep last yr (April 2014) and had only had a couple of 5-6 weeks breaks.

Main thing was tho that I wasn't enjoying it any more...
For a sport that offers such little reward bar the enjoyment of doing it, when you stop enjoying it there really is no point in continuing.

And no matter how much you try nit to let it, prep will take its toll on the family.
I tend to go into a shell when I prep...
Very withdrawn.
Energy is low...
Patients are thin...
It's only once I pulled out and started spending more time with George I realised how little time we were spending together and how much our relationship had suffered because of it.

Now he's back to being my best friend and we do all sorts together

Me and George have a special relationship that I dnt think many kids have with there Dad...
When he is ill he wants me, when he's been away for a night or two at my mums it's me he wants or has missed...
If he has to go anywhere it's me he wants to take him etc

For a while...
This wasn't the case
But now it's back

lol rambling now

Any way
Time to do some thing iv not done in a while...
GROW!
(No jokes about nit growing since I was 10 yr's old or some shit... I know what this forum is like... Full of cunts)

Ok so...
Training is based on progression and constantly beating the log book.
I dnt expect the scales to climb too fast as my aim this yr is to add 3k lbm before I start my prep in July 2016.
So any massive jump in weight is only water, glycogen or fat... and no one needs to get fat.

I'm currently training around a few injuries and niggles so some things are far from what I'd class as ideal and you'll see how some sessions differ to others.

Currently on the back end of a 2 week deload phase.

How is your training set up if you do t mind me asking. You say beating the log book so are you sticking with the same lifts or rotating??
I know you asked if righty (I think) was still doing fortitude.
Cheers

Reactions: Jim
@Jim makes complete sense mate. Been there and done it. And as you say you don't realise until after how bad and how "away from the world" you were.

I was half way through messaging you on Facebook the other day because I remember us talking about what you were planning on doing and when I didn't see your name in any of the top 6 pictures or placings I knew something was up.

Made the right call by the sounds of it.

Hey coach... Good to see you back on here. Looking forward to what you bring to the table over the coming year mate. :thumb:

Looks good mate.

Do you think the gut issue can be contributed to the prolonged dieting as you as somewhat 'restricted' in the variety of food you have then guts act up when re introduced?

In.
That back pic is unreal - do you train lower back specifically?

In B 4 nando,s :)

What weight was you at your last show Jim and what do you think you want to get up to for the 2016 finals.

It's far too easy to lose focus on the important things in life.
Glad to hear you've reconnected with George.
For me, it was working too hard and missing out on my son growing up. Guess that's why he's more of a mummy's boy :sad: ah well, such is life lol

How is your training set up if you do t mind me asking. You say beating the log book so are you sticking with the same lifts or rotating??
I know you asked if righty (I think) was still doing fortitude.
Cheers

Well before my deload it was a simple push, pull, legs
Was set up to run like this
Push A
Pull A
Legs A
Off (if needed)
Push B
Pull B
Leg B
Off
Repeat

So each lift would be hit every week and each group would be hit twice a week.

Atm it's what I'd class as moderate volume
Rep ranges vary for the most part from 6-12
Legs higher reps as knee and right quad are recovering from an injury atm.
Usually 3 moves on larger muscles and 2 on smaller with 2-1 work sets

Atm
Injuries or nighles are left delt and wrist (physio thinks it's all to do with the delt/rotator)
Knee and right quad, slight tear inner quad a few weeks ago and knee is tender all the time, physio thinks it's more muscular tightness pulling on the knee.

So training is as good as it can be working around this.

Any more details wanted just ask specifics and I'll answer bud.

Back