Beks - Con's 2016 Challenge

Discussion in 'Con's 2016 Challenge: Sponsored by Protein Dynamix' started by Beklet, Feb 3, 2016.

1. Beklet

Beklet Professional Procrastinator Top Contributor

Because why not?

After being a fat unmotivated fuck for ever (well since around 2009 which is when i managed my last PB), it will be an achievement for me if I stay the same and don't actually get fatter

However i would like to see a change for the better this year. I'll never be overly lean but i want some shape back,, I'm looking soft and a bit doughy. After throwing a gym wobbler last week (and being ill this week) I'm determined (ffs autocorrect) to get back into it.

Will put pics up sometime this week, if i can convince Bob to do it, along with stats...

---
    Con's 2016 Challenge has kindly been sponsored by Protein Dynamix who are giving away prizes to the top 3. Please show your support by visiting their website.

[​IMG]
    ---

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2016
    SoCalGirl, RS86, mal and 8 others like this.
  2. RS

RS THE ALMIGHTY Moderator

Superb Beks, I think this type of "journal" will match you better like it matches me better. Not so much pressure on yourself, just a track of the next year... for me its already helping :)

Con, Lonerism and Beklet like this.
  3. Beklet

Well, still have no pics. Ffs. Last time i Weighed myself was 12st 11lbs, my scales don't count because they can't pick a weight and stick to it.
    I'm not ill so gym and taekwondo tomorrow. Was doing well last week eating well and not pigging out until today.
    I blame the decorating. Inhaling nitromors clearly improves my appetite.

Mike In Trenning and Guest like this.
  4. Beklet

Went to the gym yesterday. Pull day (because Monday is Chest day and I cba waiting for stuff)

Lat pulldowns, cable row, face pulls bicep stuff.

Struggled with weights that before, would have been my firt working set, or heavy warmup. Quite sobering, that.
    Followed by Taekwondo, which I had zero enthusiasm for. It seems I am i that 'stuck' place and don't seem to have progressed for months. It'll get better, for now I'll just have to go through the motions.

Guest likes this.
  5. Beklet

Went to a 2 hour stretching and flexibility class today. I'm proper shit......

It was fun though

Greedy Ben and ukmb like this.
  6. ukmb

ukmb Full Member

Sounds like something I'd be interested in . I didn't no such things existed to be honest .

How was it .

Beklet likes this.
  7. Beklet

They do, but this was a one off. It was painful... Did some interesting stretches that you wouldn't normally do or standard stretches with a twist. Woke up feeling like someone had used me as a football

ukmb likes this.
  8. Beklet

Been decorating all day. Fucking hate it. Especially painting. Ugh. My back is in bits, when the Bob gets back i can have a bath... Spent half an hour scraping paint out of the sodding thing earlier... However now i have a fresh badly painted wall (instead of plaster and patches of filler) i can get a pic this week

9. Beklet

Tkd and gym fail last week because i was being a mardy bitch. Turns out it was PMT. So yes, being a mardy bitch :lol:

Today did a bit of chest and shoulder work then taekwondo which was fun for the first time in weeks. Shame I'll not be able to go on Weds but we're off to the theatre.

Last gew days have temi ded me how weak I've got so aiming to do a couple of classes a week at the gym. That's on top of the weights and martial arts.

10. Beklet

I'm still here.
    I've even done a bit of training.

But today's WTAF moment when I thought I'd do a Google search on my journals as I was looking for a specific workout I did when I was a beginner (I believe it was a M&F Rock Hard Challenge from about 1998 :lol:)

I found my first entry on a journal in Bodybuilding.com from 2005.

I'd already been training for a bit, but I wanted to lose flab.

Now. I'm convinced that since then, I've got proper fat, put on loads of weight (and two dress sizes) but the stats are interesting.

Apparently, at the time, I was 154lbs (11 stone), 31, and measured 39-32-41 (and a size 12)

Now, with far less training since 2010, I am 177lbs (12st 9 lbs), 42 and measure 41-33-43 (and a size 14-16)

So a couple of inches all round. Where the hell has all the extra weight gone though?

But athough I'm a lard, it's not as bad as I thought. I was convinced I'd added 6 inches to my backside :D

So that's something.

Still need to find that workout though.

Also, is it bad of me to be slightly annoyed that the gym now has a massive female membership now? It just seems a bit weird.....

JANIKvonD likes this.
  11. JANIKvonD

JANIKvonD JandirTheJandirHandler Top Contributor

i still remember your old avi when you had the goth thing going on lol

Beklet likes this.
  12. Beklet

Which one?

13. JANIKvonD

JANIKvonD JandirTheJandirHandler Top Contributor

ImageUploadedByT-Muscle1458148567.466575.jpg

Beklet likes this.
  14. Beklet

I feel like that today ^^^^^

Bob has had hallucinations all week so sleep has been...lacking. Banjaxed my gym plans too

But I did make it to Taekwondo last night, and proof you can take the girl out of the gym, but not the gym out of the girl.....

First bit of the lesson was sets of back extensions and crunches, hanging off vaulting horses and the like, alternated with weights. Weights this time were bicep and hammer curls, and front raises. Ended up almost fighting a young white belt lad for the 10s, but he let me have them. Second round, he got there first and I had the 8s (thankfully because I can't do front raises with 10kg :D)

Following this, he asked me how I got on with the front raises. OK,I said, bit heavier than I'd prefer but then my shoulders are a weak point. Apparently he figured I'd trained weights before because I had the 'form'

Which was a compliment of sorts, I'll take that...

Need to get a pic up this weekend. I know it's a quarter of the way into the year but quite honestly, I've not changed in about 5 years so it maes no odds :lol:

Also, anyone know anything about Melatonin as a sleep aid? Is it any good? The sleep clnic have recommended it for Bob but his GP is refusingt to prescribe it....

15. Beklet

Not going so well chaps.

Picked out a workout I did years ago that worked well for me at the time (when I was just getting into it after a long layoff), was doing bench yesterday, when one of the PTs came past and said hi, and asked how I was. Bitched aboout bench and he said he didn't do it due to tearing a pec. Now, I really have difficulty with bench - the mechanics feel all wrong, I much prefer using dumbbells. Spent rest of evening wondering why on earth I was doing something that was probably not beneficial and that I suspect isn't suited to my physiology. Gah.
    Then to TKD, where I felt like a lead weight - running was hard work, just had no spring....and my technique has suffered, my left back kick far weaker than my right.

Need to get the love for the weights back. Have zero motivation. I'm all up for it until I actually get to the gym.

Actually tempted to employ a PT for a handful of sessions to see if they can give me a massive kick up the backside. Don't know who to choose though - I actually have quite a good choice (if they'll have me).

TinyTim likes this.