Beks - Con's 2016 Challenge

Discussion in 'Con's 2016 Challenge: Sponsored by Protein Dynamix' started by Beklet, Feb 3, 2016.

1. Beklet

Beklet Professional Procrastinator Top Contributor

Have PT sorted, hopefully we can get a session in this week. He's not at my gym but he trains there occasionally so knows it well, and runs his own gym closer to where i live.
    Probably not going to slap it all over FB as a feud may ensue and i might not be welcome at the other gym in town (I'm a gym whore what can i say)
    Either way it's going to hurt. Bit scared.

Guest1337 and TinyTim like this.
  2. Beklet

Trainer booked next Tues, on the only day I'm not working away somewhwre so that 3x a week training may take a couple of weeks to happen..

Now I'm actually scared.

Guest1337, TinyTim and Greyphantom like this.
  3. Beklet

Went to gym, saw trainer. Explained to him I have a massive lack of confidence when it comes to weights, after years of injury, seeing rehab people who have told me what's wrong with me and not much else....

Started with kettlebell swings and squats, leg press, sled pull, cable row, one arm dumbbell row, deadlift, face pulls and lateral raises.

Actually enjoyed it. And apparently my squat and deadlift form is still pretty good, so the focus is increasing my weights and getting the confidence to do so.

A good session all round. Next week, focus on squats.

4. Beklet

Tkd yesterday, was oj, apart from lady pains and some fucker of a teenager who kept kicking me in that area. Too tired and in pain to do much about it tbh.
    Saw pt again. Shoulders today, my weakest bodypart.
    Leaning lateral raises, some kind of press, standing lateral raises and some horrific front raises, push press, some othet lift, high incline chest press, lower incline flye, neutral grip press, cable lying press, pressdowns, pressups with a band and probably other stuff.

My shoulders were destroyed. All supersets and drop sets... Then i got my nails done and i have purple tentacles on them.

TinyTim, Guest and Mike In Trenning like this.
  5. Beklet

Landmines. The shoulder things were called landmines. Fucking evil, anyhow.

Lonerism likes this.
  6. Beklet

Fuck sake. Left tricep is ruined today and the right one isn't too clever either. Lifting my arm to drink a cuppa is painful, changing down gears in my car is challenging, and scratching the back of my head or neck is pretty much impossible. Gave up trying to brush my hair this morning, it's a full on Worzel Gummidge.

Fucking love it :lol:

Mike In Trenning, plod and TinyTim like this.
  7. Beklet

Half assed session at gym on Monday, as it was too busy.

Today back with PT and it's legs/back.

Leg press, horrible horrible squat machine, actual squats, sled drag, some kind of one arm rows, dumbbell clean and press, rack pulls, shruggy things, facepulls and some woodcutter type things with a huge laggy band.

Walking may be challenging tomorrow.

Still love it.

At least there weren't lunges.

TinyTim likes this.
  8. Beklet

Still here. Germany was excellent. Got fat(ter). Went to see PT when I got back and he made me do deads. Went to see osteopath about clonky hips, told me nothing I didn't already know.
    Sacked of the Hercules as my mate had a spare ticket for the Pod, so watched some drag racing instead, and may have been convinced to help my mate build his new drag car :lol:
    PT won his class at the Hercules, so when I go and see him on Friday he will be in a good mood.
    Gym now does Pilates class which makes me happy. Much prefer it to yoga.
    Actually going to get my fat backside to the gym today. I can't quite contain my excitement.

9. Beklet

Pilates. Easy looking shit involving lying on floor, done by fat middle aged women (me) to strengthen their core and pelvic floor muscles to delay the requirement for the tena lady (not me)

No, no it is not. It is bloody hard.

But apparently i already have a strong core so that's nice.

This morning was pt beasting. Leg curl, kettlebell squat, sldl, db chest press, flyes, cable shoulder press, cable flye and press, upright row, skullcrushers, cgbp, press ups. Ouch.

Oh and now i can say I've been trained by a pro :lol:

JANIKvonD likes this.
  10. JANIKvonD

JANIKvonD JandirTheJandirHandler Top Contributor

glad to see you followed up the pilates with a proper session :D Germany not flooded to fuck??

Beklet likes this.
  11. Beklet

Apparently so. We'll be there this time next year which is a worry.

Pilates is bloody hard, I'd forgotten how bad it was... Two days of camping and hot rods now, so i can get even fatter

JANIKvonD likes this.
  12. lancashirerose

lancashirerose Supported by http://www.extremenutrition.co.uk/ Competitor

This is all looking fab, can't tell you how much having a proper, progressive training plan makes a difference, as does proper advice instead of wondering. Overtime you'll find out what you can cannot do. Benching is often about form AND scapula positioning on your back. Taken me years to figure this out, with a horrendous injury along the way.

Beklet likes this.
  13. Beklet

Benching is so not my forte but can do it with dumbbells. Have managed deads and squats with a band, so confidence is coming back, just have to make my sessions alone count properly

TinyTim likes this.
  14. Beklet

Have managed ALL the training this week...feeling it a bit now though!

Spent the last few weeks at Taekwondo feeling fat, unfit and 'not good enough', bearing in mind I see the PT for a confidence boost, I didn't have any this last fortnight. But then that changed.

Monday - warm up involved weights. I was allocated a smallish weight (10kg) for pullovers while one of the girls got 18kg. I don't like to be beaten so for second round went for the 20s.... Was a set of pullovers, followed by press ups between two benches, then twists, followed by the press ups, many many sets of....then patterns, but with exercises between each pattern (sit ups, jump lunges etc)

Tuesday - went to the gym, thought I might do a few deads in the new bit. Ended up roped into a kettlebell class. Because it was my first time I got the 8kg bells. Still hurt. Workouts as follows;
    1 - Swings, upright row, crunches 3 x 20 of each. 50 box squats (except it was an aerobic step), alternate press up and bicep curl (1 of each, 2 of each, 3 of each etc), up to sets of 10, and back down to zero. Every 5th set, 20 squat thrusts (except I have spazzy hip, did mountain climbers). 50 box squats.
    2 - Shoulder press, front squat, push press, 3x20 of each, 20 burpees (mountain climbers for me), alternate sets of deadlift and bicep curl (same routine as before, with 20 burpees every 5th set), then 50 butterfly sit ups and 50 crunches with legs raised. Probably still more fun than deadlifts. AND I wasn't the slowest.....

Weds - TKD again. This time, sets of bicep curls, with a shuttle run between, then bent over row and shuttle runs, some kicking drills and patterns.

Today - PT time. Due to all the prior training this week, he said he'd do isolation work. Hmmm, riiiiight.... :lol:
    Facepulls, rope pulls, upright row shrug things, farmers walk, SLDL, skullcrushers, some other twisty rope pull things, pull throughs, seated and standing hamstring curls, trap bar deadlifts, same with a huge laggy band, CGBP, something else I've probably forgotten.

Might have a rest day tomorrow. Wanted to do Pilates tonight but we're out for a family meal. Confidence up this week because I wasn't the slowest or weakest at everything for once.

Still a fat git though. I bought shorts this week. Time will tell if I ever have the confidence to wear them.

TinyTim and huntingground like this.
  15. Beklet

Fuck. Sake. 6 months on and I'm only on page 2.

Anyway. Yesterday's TKD session was bloody hard work. Pad work up and down the hall. I thought it was hard.

Today I went back to the circuit class, and came very close to passing out or crying...so actually THAT was hard.

I knew it wasn't going to go well when I loaded up my bar for deadlifts and he said no way was I doing the 5kg. He then put 20s on instead. Don't think I've deadlifted with 60kg for some time. It went like this;

Deadlift/box jump x 21,15,9

Bent over row (I was allowed the 5s for this)/burpees (I did squats because clonky hip) x 20,15,10

Rower/press ups, kettlebell swings x 21,15,9 (calories and reps)

Medicine ball slams, then push and pull the prowler. Flaked on the last set, just couldn't breathe ...

Back is in bits. TOmorrow I'm driving to Leeds and I've booked into a hotel with a health club so a relaxing swim is on the cards

TinyTim and Greyphantom like this.