As many reps as poss in 2 minutes
Bar must touch chest every rep
Arms must fully lock every rep
Bum stays on bench throughout

Here is my attempt:

How many was that?
I forgot to count. :D
30-something?

Will attempt when not a fat fk lol recently did this when i was 92.5kg and got 18 out.

But vid is solid mate.

Will try this on incline bench next week on Fortitude's upper "pump" day.
Not doing flat bench as it sucks balls.

Will try this on incline bench next week on Fortitude's upper "pump" day.
Not doing flat bench as it sucks balls.
Lol yeah I was a bit hesitant too as I havent flat benched in two years but the challenge is for flat bench! Go on mate do a flat bench one too see how it goes

I'll give the Incline one a shot too but different incline benches have different incline angles which is the only bummer to take a fair test...

29 @Righty

@TheProducer I like it because it gives a good benchmark and forces you to keep bodyfat in check! Unless you're a strongman or Pler of course then it doesn't matter. This is more of a good BBing yardstick IMO

Yeah true, plus doing rest pause sets like this are get for muscular stimulation. Just as an FYI my one was just all out no rest 1 set. Actually be quite fun doing 2 minutes. Will see what I can get done on monday as will be training at work and should be someone to film. Would probs end up doing lots of sets of 5 as so not to burn out too quick lol.

inb4 @Righty creates 6 topics based on single lifts for 2 minute challenges :rofl:
It has given me a good idea for a bodyweight-based video challenge the whole forum could do mate - something that could
a) run for a while and be a great competition
b) decide once and for all who is the strongest pound-for-pound on this board
c) combine P/L and B/B rep ranges to cater for both (and provide a harness against both, too)

Will talk to Simon when he rises from his coffin.

Lol yeah I was a bit hesitant too as I havent flat benched in two years but the challenge is for flat bench! Go on mate do a flat bench one too see how it goes

I'll give the Incline one a shot too but different incline benches have different incline angles which is the only bummer to take a fair test...

Isn't this a decline bench?

With that plate under the front foot?

No it's flat. Floor is fucked so need to use the plate to make it flat. Trust me I'm so anal I even used a spirit level to check lol

Ah shitty gym floors. Everyone has "that spot".

Good to know. Carry on

Last edited:
Back