Blm Opposition Protestors/protectors

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by GhostOf2Can, Jun 10, 2020.

1. TONY FERGUSON

TONY FERGUSON Winging my way to heaven as we speak, son. Full Member

Afghan, I can tell you that most Israelis want peace and just want to get on with their lives like everybody else.

The Israel-Palestine conflict is not as black and white as it is often portrayed to be and if you look at the whole history you will see that injustices have been suffered on both sides and the only solution is to end the suffering on both sides.

It's always important to remember that the Ottomans controlled that area until WW1 and the locals did a deal with the west to break free of the Ottoman yoke. The creation of Israel was kind of inevitable given the deal done with Britain in the previous war. The only way Mandatory Palestine could have avoided it was to not join forces with the British to rebel against the Turks in WW1. Then the Zionist insurgency wouldn't have risen up against British rule, and the whole question of the creation of a state of Israel would have taken a completely different approach.

Even so, what kind of world would we have been if, after everything that happened in WW2, we didn't find the Jews a proper place to call home? If Palestine wasn't a British Mandate, then it's quite probable that a home would have been found in Germany, for example, but being that it was a British Mandate, it's hardly the fault of a group of people who have just escaped extermination to want to return to their original home.

People can spend day and night looking at who is in the right and who isn't, but in the end there's so much more to this situation than what people see on face value. That's part of the reason why I feel Trump's policy is doomed to fail. He doesn't understand the need of the Palestinians and probably never will, either, considering the man is quite literally a sociopath.

mal and Afghan like this.
  2. GhostOf2Can

GhostOf2Can Top Contributor

Tbh I prefer Trump as I can’t really stand the left and I will be disappointed if Biden is elected, but I think the left is losing the middle with some of their more out there ideas

I expect Trump to win again

3. Afghan

Afghan Top Contributor

I meant the zionist regime of Israel, you are right in a sense. Orthardox jews are against the current israeli regime entirely.

There will never be peace there due to nobody being able to stop Israel from taking land illegally.

4. TONY FERGUSON

I honestly l don't know if it would be any different with Biden. All I know is what it's like under Trump, and given the fact that Biden will do more for the environment, he's got to be the better choice based on that alone.

Yes, Biden might say some dumb shit, but when Trump says that science doesn't know about climate change, he does: it makes me realise we are dealing with one hell of a delusional human being at best.

5. Afghan

Afghan Top Contributor

I dont disagree with the Jews after WW2 being given a home as such. The land they were given, its 1967 borders yes. If you have a look at the current land they have gained its totally against international law. Infact, most zionists refuse to even confirm what they think Israels borders should be.

The problem is, nowadays nobody can talk openly about it in the media etc for they will be called anti-semetic.

6. TONY FERGUSON

Yeah many people don't like the current regime in Israel, but we could say the same about UK, France, USA, Germany, pretty much everywhere except for places like Canada and Finland.

And I know why you would believe there will never be peace given the history. It's not going to be easy to reconcile for sure. But just as the wounds between UK and Germany have largely healed since WW2, so will future generations forget about much of the conflict that preoccupied their ancestors.

In many ways what is going on in Israel and Palestine is a reflection of where we're at as a human civilisation on the whole. We love to marvel at how ingenious we are, but the reality is we're still dogs marking our territory out with piss before shitting all over it.

We'll evolve.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2020 at 9:51 PM
  7. GhostOf2Can

Well Biden being their candidate proves the fact that they are just mouth pieces doesn't it, which isn’t really news to most people, but still interesting that it’s so obvious. He couldn’t even remember how many grand kids he has in one snippet of an interview I saw

And I wasn’t aware until recently he’s actually had two serious brain surgeries in the past. He’s definitely operating at a diminished capacity at this stage

I’m very intrigued to see how it plays out. It’s gonna be crazy watching the yanks tear each other to pieces

8. TONY FERGUSON

I think in a free society people should be able to talk about what they want. But given the history, it's also understandable that questioning the right to a Jewish homeland is considered a touchy subject for some. The problem is that politicians have hijacked the issue for political purposes, and so the seeds of discord have been sown at the societal level too.

I hear what you are saying regarding Israel breaking international law, but were the Arab armies playing by the book when they launched the 1947–1949 Palestine war? Put yourself in the shoes of a Jewish person who just survived the Holocaust and suddenly they've guns pointed at them again.

And given that both Palestinian and Israeli cultures adopt an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth outlook on life, I believe the only road towards peace is the Palestinians and the Israelis sorting this out between themselves.

9. TONY FERGUSON

That's the remarkable thing about Biden: he's had two serious brain surgeries, had to bury the love of his life and his daughter after they got killed in a car accident, bury his son when he died of brain cancer, has generally been thrown the shittiest hand in life yet he'll still always bounce back.

That's a million times more inspiring than Trump, who got handed millions by his father and had it all laid out for him.

But yeah, it's going to be interesting to see how this all plays out. Neither side looks like they're going to take the result lying down.

10. Raisin

Raisin Top Contributor

Bidens been in government for about 50 years hasn't he? 8 as VP. Has he done anything decent so far?

Genuine question.

mal likes this.
  11. mal

mal Top Contributor

They fueled the worlds opium trade and probably still do? I think american troops spent alot of their time trying to destroy them, im not sure what was going on in Afghanistan pre russia / rambo days...il do some research i wonder if colonialism might have had a hand.

12. GhostOf2Can

No. Bit of a failure overall tbf

13. oldman

oldman

what operations are you refering to here.

14. oldman

oldman

SAS or SBS notice the Jimpy. great piece of kit.

phani tikkala and TONY FERGUSON like this.
  15. TONY FERGUSON

Most of them were secret operations so officially they didn't even exist.

Overtly though, Operation Cyclone. Mujahadeen were even invited to military camps in England and Scotland to get trained up.

Was always going to backfire really.

http://43419.tilda.ws/page2212040.html

Afghan likes this.