Blm Opposition Protestors/protectors

A Jefferson County grand jury has indicted one of three Louisville officers connected to the March 13 fatal police shooting of 26-year-old Breonna Taylor.

But the charges are for putting Taylor's neighbors in danger, not for killing her — a move an attorney for her family called "outrageous and offensive."

The grand jury's decision, announced Wednesday:

Former detective Brett Hankison was indicted on three counts of first-degree wanton endangerment.
Sgt. Jonathan Mattingly was not indicted.
Detective Myles Cosgrove was not indicted.
"If Brett Hankison's behavior was wanton endangerment to people in neighboring apartments, then it should have been wanton endangerment in Breonna Taylor's apartment too," attorney Ben Crump wrote on Twitter. "In fact, it should have been ruled wanton murder!"

A wanton endangerment charge is a class D felony and carries a penalty of one to five years in prison. The charges read by Judge Annie O'Connell on Wednesday said that Hankison "wantonly shot a gun" into adjoining Apartment 3.

Two Louisville officers were shot during protests sparked by a grand jury's decision in the Breonna Taylor case. A suspect was in custody, police said.

Only skim-read the news but looked to be self-defence as the guy had him in a chokehold.

Video shows him being attacked by 2 people. He fired 2 warning shots in the air and they ran off. While he was still on the floor someone else came up behind him and got him in a choke hold. He shot that person in self defence.

He was found to be acting in self defence. Then they changed their minds or higher powers did. They wanted to charge him or stand him against a jury (I'm unclear on that bit as I don't know the legal system)
He then committed suicide.

The bit I find sad is on the video evidence there's people just standing by watching. Within a few feet.

People doing nothing to help or defuse the situation.

Just because your a police officer and your doing things “by the book” it doesn’t mean your immediately exempt from being scrutinised

Often times “the book” is retarded. In this instance I’d say it was

No knock, not having to identify themselves, dressed in plain clothes. That’s the dumbest shit I’ve ever heard

I’m not saying the police enforcing the warrant did anything wrong but that way of doing things is dumb as fuck and I’m not suprised it ended like it did

The system needs looking at and changing. Uniform officers should always be involved imo, and they should make it known immediately upon entry who they are
Especially in USA where its legal in most states to own a firearm and legal to defend your property.
As you say, if you own a gun, someone smashes in and its legal to shoot someone on your property, you'd shoot wouldn't you?
That tactic is very much like the ICE tactic catching the immigrants they knock on your door pretending to be amazon delivery drivers.
Americas system is fucked up.
This would never happen in UK.

Bit different when your kicking someone’s door in at 10pm in a country where most people carry a gun isn’t it

The fuck are u waffling on about the 3 weeks u did in ireland peeling potatoes for? It isn’t relevant

Rasp you were so far behind the front line you had to send your washing forward u cunt :lol:
what the fuck would you know nonce? you hang around school gates all day.

Back