Blood Glucose Reading

Simon90

Hya lads just took my blood glucose reading 90mins after meal 180gcooked chicken 180g cooked sweet potatoe 80g cooked broccoli...
Reading came back as 4.2...
Why is it that low? im cutting...however last couple days been feeling bit fucked starting in mornings and as days go by the feeling is lasting all day....much more tired than normal, very heavy legs despite having chicken legs, confused, extremely irritable, anxious, dizzy occasional blurred vision and extreme hunger etc hence why I whipped out my mrs bg monitor to see wtf is going on. That seems low to me
I’ve had 2 other carb meals prior to that carb meal (so 3 carb meals +a piece of fruit if it in the hours before if that makes a difference)
Cheers

Last edited:
thats low yes would normally expect healthy adult to be , whats it like on waking, so your fasted blood sugar level.....but if your output is high and dieting then its normal for it to drop. Maybe your not getting enough recovery or the drop is too big (cals) Are you using Slin at all?

sounds like you are experiencing hypoglycemia signs? as normally 3.9 or below is hypoglycemic. BUT Ive had this before on diets, post training even after food, just felt a crash and bit dizzy and shaky so had to just add carbs.....id ensure you keep hydrated, and eat more. What are your carb sources? if its all high sugar this could be causing a crash too..

Last edited:
ok so thats into Hypoglycemic territory then

whats diet like - could be the diet, might even be diabetes itself

if you only get this feeling post meals it could be reactive hypoglycemia - so first step is check the carb sources, increase food a little and then if no change see a doc

have you slashed calories and increased output a lot....and do you or have you used slin?

in terms of dealing with it without knowing all the above.... do your normal stuff.. eat your meal, wait and test BS....its its under 4, have 20g of carbs from sugar/fast carbs then recheck BS after 15mins...see what happens....if still 4 or less repeat again. 4 is around the medical level where your OK but clearly if your getting those symptoms your not and may need to go see doc.

if you only get this feeling post meals it could be reactive hypoglycemia - so first step is check the carb sources, increase food a little and then if no change see a doc

have you slashed calories and increased output a lot....and do you or have you used slin?
Never used slin
Not on any aas
Been dieting for the last 6 weeks...cals have remained same from start as it was only supposed to be a mini cut been dropping weight each week 2700training days 2400 non training days
Not training with gyms shut so just doing a lot of body weight training 2 days on one off

The feeling started towards end of day/mornings but now it’s lasting all day throughout the day regardless of eating. Even falling to sleep is a struggle/constant waking etc

and you never had this on 2700 cals.... is it possible your output is higher now compared to when on 2700....?

other thoughts

maybe you need a refeed..... try one day with much higher carbs, lower fat, small lower protein.... then return to normal diet.... see if it makes you function better....go for 2 or 3x normal carbs if you have slashed them recently? monitor BS of course and also how many days go by (assuming this helps intially) until you feel shitty again

and you never had this on 2700 cals.... is it possible your output is higher now compared to when on 2700....?

My carbs only come from oats sweet potato veg no sugars except honey post workout
I’ve increased volume in my workouts but not by much

My carbs only come from oats sweet potato veg no sugars except honey post workout
I’ve increased volume in my workouts but not by much

ok maybe get some more faster carbs in PWO....maybe your dropping too fast. Slower release is fine and good in general but not if your crashing - another possible....

if were me getting all those symptoms and id lost a bit of weight over 6 weeks id go for Refeed first
then monitor as i mentioned how many days until you feel bad again.
Whilst doing that keep an eye on BS and if you need to top up PWO carbs with some extra sugar do that and check it as i mentioned until it rises with 20g at a time and 15min checks...

then make a call on upping cals or having higher carb days more often whilst sticking to the baseline diet

if were me getting all those symptoms and id lost a bit of weight over 6 weeks id go for Refeed first
then monitor as i mentioned how many days until you feel bad again.
Whilst doing that keep an eye on BS and if you need to top up PWO carbs with some extra sugar do that and check it as i mentioned until it rises with 20g at a time and 15min checks...
Cheers for the advice mate I’ve lost a lot of weight no doubt muscle tissue aswell as deffo feeling a lot smaller lost around 20lbs

prob just massively depleted yourself, clearly you dont want to throw that away but that strong mindset can work against you

refeed up with some bagels, cereal on top of the regular slow sources..... literally double or triple regular carbs just for one day with low fat....it should help and feels good too! once you get going youll be ravenous!

prob just massively depleted yourself, clearly you dont want to throw that away but that strong mindset can work against you

refeed up with some bagels, cereal on top of the regular slow sources..... literally double or triple regular carbs just for one day with low fat....it should help and feels good too! once you get going youll be ravenous!

cheers mate I’ll give that a try n see how I get on. It’s starting to dawn on me cutting during a lockdown may not be the wisest of ideas lol but I didn’t expect it to go on this long.

I’ll try what you recommended then reasses from there

Back