1. TMuscle acknowledges the use of AAS (anabolic and androgenic steroids) POMs (prescription-only medicines) and other performance-enhancing substances in bodybuilding today. It aims to provide reliable information on their safe administration, side effects and dangers.

TMuscle does not approve or support the unlawful supply, possession or use of any drug.

Members may report and describe factually their experiences with AAS and brands of AAS and POMs.

Members may not offer to supply or facilitate the unlawful supply of AAS, POMS or other controlled drugs on TMuscle or its messaging systems.

Bloods Results: High Shbg And Prolactin Levels...

Discussion in 'Anabolic Steroids & Prohormones' started by Rogan Jr, Aug 14, 2018.

1. Rogan Jr

Rogan Jr

So I'v just turned 40 and got full Testosterone blood test and the results are quite confusing...

Testosterone 31.5 nmol/L
    Oestradiol 113
    SHGB 89.3
    Prolactin 374
    Free T 0.347

Has anyone got experience with these sorts of levels? I'm totally clean so cant explain the high T but I have struggled to put on muscle, had a **** beard and mild depression my whole adult life.

The high prolactin and SHGB explains the low free T but with no obvious reasons (Thyroid and Oestradiol levels normal) Im wondering if I should A: address the Prolactin first with Cabergoline and see if the SHBG comes down with it, B: address the SHGB with Proviron or something similar or C: Start TRT as I was planning and aim to raise my T levels even higher to raise my FT and hopefully drop my SHBG.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

2. Mr mac

Mr mac TM Health & Safety officer Top Contributor

Training Log:
    Click Here
    Your total T is very good for 40 year old. I wouldn't look at trt yet I'd actually as you say find ways to lower your Shbg to raise free.

3. pooley1810

pooley1810 Top Contributor

Why don’t you see the doc and get things done properly
    If you start self diagnosing and doing things your own way you could be masking a serious problem. If you are clean then there shouldn’t be an issue

noel and Mr mac like this.
  4. Rogan Jr

Rogan Jr

Iv got an appointment booked but its a month away. Was thinking if I can at least start lowering my SHBG in the meantime.

5. pooley1810

pooley1810 Top Contributor

If you start using your own methods, you’ll not get to the bottom of the issue. You’ll also make it more difficult for the doc and prolong the process
    If you add the drugs in now then go to the doctor you’ll put yourself in a difficult situation. Your shbg will be lowered so the doc won’t see a problem, then you’ll tell him what’s happened, he’ll tell you to stop so they can assess you properly and come back in 6 weeks.
    I really don’t see why you’d wanna disrupt the process for the sake of waiting 4 weeks. You say you’ve never used gear, why start now when you’ve got the chance to get medical help

huntingground likes this.
  6. Rogan Jr

Rogan Jr

Thats probably very good advice, thanks.

bertos and pooley1810 like this.