Blunt82 On A Cut

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by blunt82, Jul 1, 2018.

1. bertos

bertos Full Member

Gonna suggest avoiding doggy food. Protein levels ok, but will give terrible wind and potential for trouble in gym if urge to sniff strangers arses becomes overwhelming.

blunt82 likes this.

2. blunt82

blunt82 Full Member

Alright. Quick update. The weight went down again to 92.4kg from last week. There were two HIIT session this week in. on training day, each one of the session was 10 30seconds spring with 90 sec break between them. At the moment can't feel gear kicking in massively but I know from previous test cycles that Im responding around 4-5week to long esters of test so it should be happening this week or somewhere in the middle of the following. Would like two point that even with the calories restriction my strength is pretty well kept. Looking forward for next week and my first cheat meal!

3. TBLifter

TBLifter Top Contributor

How do you qualify a cheat meal?

4. blunt82

blunt82 Full Member

As a one large meal, preferably after workout, it still will have high protein content with it but apart of that it can be anything you wish however with still keeping common sense ex: burger with fries and a soft drink of your choice, Nando's chicken with chips, steak and fries etc I wouldn't consider a cheat meal as a: starter, curry with rice, nan brad/sides, beer and dessert(I think is bit too much)

5. noel

noel Top Contributor

why a cheat though? any pics to show progress

I know the mental reason for it but does your current condition warrant it - your down 1kg.....its not much...not being critical just trying to get you to ask yourself the question if the end results mean a lot to you

why not make a healthy meal instead ...home made burgers can fit into most - even pre contest diets - stuff like that. Maybe "jazz" up your regular foods

zack, Robbie and TBLifter like this.
  6. Fatbrah

Fatbrah TMuscle Fatministrator Top Contributor

Coz some people need a carrot at end of the week to nail diet, not everyone is super srs just wants to trim some fat off and still be able to ave a meal at weekend of what they want

Cheat meals while not optimal every week can still work... seen it loads of times

Ronin, zack, TBLifter and 1 other person like this.
  7. noel

noel Top Contributor

yes for sure and totally get that. Point was more to think lost 1kg, have a cheat. prob going to put half back on. So hamster spinning wheel. Depends on the physique too and how hard someone is working and how lean they are. Im not being a food Nazi. More just kicked off a diet, why not think about long term, make meals in general tastier ? then save the cheat for something like taking the mrs (or the gf out) especially at the start of a diet ...

zack, TBLifter and Fatbrah like this.
  8. TBLifter

TBLifter Top Contributor

Depends on what your cheating macros or calories I suppose, 1lb loss is like what 3.5kcal deficit on the week so to Noel’s point down one kilo not an optimal time to cheat when you’ve literally only just reduced your caloric intake. That said if your swapping food around and your cheat is still caloric deficit it’s kinda manageable. If your cheat is a huge blowout of dominos pizza and ice cream and a big caloric surplus then probably not ideal. Everyone is different and depends on your exercise and caloric expenditure to.

9. Sjundea

Sjundea Top Contributor

Unless competitive I think having a meal to look forward to at the end of the week makes a diet worthwhile. If that increases adherence to a diet plan, then it's better to keep in imo, than ending up snacking during the week on treats.
    It works for me as I guess i feel i have earnt that treat and can go out for a meal with family or friends.
    However, it will be a long time before I diet again.

Fatbrah and TBLifter like this.
  10. Fatbrah

Fatbrah TMuscle Fatministrator Top Contributor

Dats the one!
    Whats a diet :rofl:

zack and Sjundea like this.
  11. blunt82

blunt82 Full Member

I do understand your point of view however I think that every second week a cheat meal is not a bad thing. I love food(like everyone over here) and think that from time to time one meal can't make any damage, its not a day of binge eating.

12. noel

noel Top Contributor

sure, im just giving feedback based on your pics, body comp, weight loss (at 90/100kg area less than 1kg on the week unless you do exactly the same thing at the same time each day isn't much in that depending on your water and toilet habits that day you might not have even lost anything - that's why im saying what i am) and quite a lot of science "overthinking" that you wrote early in the thread. You have to make it doable for you personally and end of the day everyone has varying goals. Im just saying if you were asking me from a coaching point of view id say get leaner first, look at meal choice currently as for some people the crux of the weekend cheat becomes the focal point which can then mess things up. As for doing damage , mentally it can be great too. For the body depends on the overall calories of the meal, your output plus the potential digestive issues that can come with cheats - again for some that cheat meal then de rails them or bloats them for a day. You know yourself best and with the cycle and more focused eating/training maybe you are making rapid body comp changes in which case sure

Last edited: Jul 25, 2018
    Robbie and pooley1810 like this.
  13. blunt82

blunt82 Full Member

Alright, couldn't make it with the update yesterday while busy at work as f&*k so...weighted myself in the morning and current weight went down to 91.7kg. Did my workout today already and due to the lack of sleep last night it was nothing special but I went through it. Strength going up every week even on kcal deficit-its not as dramatic as normal but I added weight in the last sets today almost on all exercises today. Next week ahead....

14. blunt82

blunt82 Full Member

Next week has gone by and the new drop in weigh. Current one is 90.8kg so almost another kg down. This week I started to feel hunger much more than usual, nothing extreme but I think about food more often than usually :) Generally feeling is alright but I have notice that im more sleepy on some days than the others-maybe its because of the weather or maybe something else, also I feel lighter and skinnier but in a good way. Im still only 2xHIIT cardio sessions a week on non training days.

15. blunt82

blunt82 Full Member

Massive drop in weight this week! Did not change anything in diet and stood on the scale this morning and it showed 89.4kg, couldn't believe in the beginning so did the reset of the scale and had another go and surprisingly nothing has change 89.4kg :)However it is worth two mention that the hunger becomes a big one for me now-thinking about the food all day, nothing else :)

huntingground likes this.