1. Click here to see our list of sponsors. If you decide to use one of the companies listed, please support TMuscle by clicking on one of the links provided.

Bodybuilding Gyms In Manchester

Discussion in 'General Bodybuilding' started by jdclarke12, Jul 17, 2017 at 1:35 PM.

1. jdclarke12

jdclarke12

Looking for a decent bodybuilding gym in Manchester, i'm going to uni there in September and will be living in Hulme area. Seen the normal recommendations like:

• Olympic gym
    • betta bodies
    • cosoms
    • evolution
    All those are too far away for me and i wont be driving as i'm not taking my car to uni as there is no where to park annoyingly. Just wondering if anybody knew of any others within walking distance or short distance on train/bus. My best option at the moment is flex and tone in Salford, its 40 minutes away but seems to be the best option! Not looking for any commercial gyms where the dumbbells only go up to like the 40s or have more cardio equipment than weights, not my type of gym.

2. Fatbrah

Fatbrah TMuscle Fatministrator Top Contributor

@doink and @BTS93 train together alot bro
    Both top bodybuilders
    Ask to join

Porky, BTS93 and doink like this.
  3. jdclarke12

jdclarke12

Do you know where they train?

4. Sjundea

Sjundea Top Contributor

If you're lacking in chest gains be sure to hit BTS up.

Porky, BTS93, PR3SSUR3 and 1 other person like this.
  5. jdclarke12

jdclarke12

Where abouts in bts? tried searching for it but nothing came up

plod and BTS93 like this.
  6. doink

doink Committee Tea Officer Top Contributor

I train at cosmos, it's sound.

21 quid a month, standing order and it's got everything you need.

Flex and tone is decent, prob closest to where you're gonna be Out of those lot if you're halls are in hulme but it's still a bit out the way.

If you drive I'd go for flex and tone or cosmos. Olympics a ball ache to get to at certain times, I used to box above it and it could be a right ballache to get to from town.

If you don't drive.....

There's Manchester uni gym just 5-10 mins walk from where you'll be staying, think it's called the Sugden Sports Centre. That's pretty cheap, decent kit and walking distance from where you'll be so if you don't drive I'd go there. Piece of piss for you then isn't it?

7. jdclarke12

jdclarke12

Yeah i'd have to get a train to flex and tone! its only £1.85 but just wondered if there were any other gyms i haven't heard about. Yeah Sugden is on my list to check out. Is proper gym any decent, its walking distance for me. I've seen some pics on the gym but there doesn't look like a massive amount of equipment there.

8. doink

doink Committee Tea Officer Top Contributor

Sugdens got enough kit to get by on for bodybuilding purposes. Unless you're shifting silly weight but if Nathan De Asha can string a session together in an anytime fitness then you should be alright at the Sugden Centre.

Right on your door step as well so it's ideal init. Being a student you can train when it's quiet as well most days so I'd go with that.

Train from oxford road to salford central is only 5 mins though and you've prob got a 15-20 minute walk from there to flex n tone.

Id train at Sugden if I were you and maybe hit flex n tone once a week for a bit of variety and a weekend session. They have got a lot of decent kit in there but it'll be a ballache come winter getting there.

Gotta remember mate, you're moving to Manchester. We have rain 340 days of the year!

9. hsmann87

hsmann87 Top Contributor

@jdclarke12
    @doink

I trained at sugden for 3 years whist I was at uni - very well equipped and loved it - can get crowded during rush hour but that is as expected

perfect gym and you can get everything you need done in good time if you keep your nut down and crack on :thumb:

doink likes this.
  10. jdclarke12

jdclarke12

Yeah i'll definitely give Sugden a look at, plus it is close and cheap! Yeah thats a good shout, could just go to flex and tone for the odd session. Cheers for the advice

doink likes this.
  11. jdclarke12

jdclarke12

Yeah i just keep my head down and train! Not one for talking in the gym haha

12. BTS93

BTS93 Top Contributor

Training Log:
    Click Here
    If you have itchy nips be sure to ask @Sjundea xox

Porky, Fatbrah, Sjundea and 1 other person like this.
  13. Sjundea

Sjundea Top Contributor

If they are borderline lactating ask SunnyD as well.

BTS93 likes this.