Boxing Thread

Getbig and 6 of his mates put a months wages in each and managed to get a PS1 to share

They pass it around like it’s Milners mum

67FB0EE0-C2AD-4EAA-AFF6-15F471529569.jpeg

Thing is If he is fit and well, no health issues, and chooses to box it's his prerogative ain't it.

20 or 55 still getting punched ain't he.

Ref is there to stop it If it's dangerous at any stage same as any other fight.

older you get the higher the risk of brain injury, so its much less safe for a 55 yr old than a 20yr old.... brains shrink as we age and the effect of trauma increases too....

older you get the higher the risk of brain injury, so its much less safe for a 55 yr old than a 20yr old.... brains shrink as we age and the effect of trauma increases too....

But that's the thing ain't it, it's his 55 year old brain.

Aslong as he starts the fight healthy, it's his choice to get smashed in ain't it.

If an opponent is willing to fight him, and ge acknowledges the risk, and he is fit and well, the risks are his alone I guess.

Aslong as he starts the fight healthy, it's his choice to get smashed in ain't it.

If an opponent is willing to fight him, and ge acknowledges the risk, and he is fit and well, the risks are his alone I guess.
Agreed. He’s a grown man who appears to have all his faculties. He can make his own mind up

He might need the money anyway, and who is anyone to tell anyone else they can’t earn a living

gave too much away to "the lord"

i dont disagree - from the POV of him being a man who may need money then fine

as a fight fan, fan of him, and someone whos been around fightsports i dont want to see anyone his age fighting in anything other than a charity exhibition type things MAX....

gave too much away to "the lord"

i dont disagree - from the POV of him being a man who may need money then fine

as a fight fan, fan of him, and someone whos been around fightsports i dont want to see anyone his age fighting in anything other than a charity exhibition type things MAX....
Ah now I see

Charity exhibition? Noel angling for that rematch

Nope, that is why he didn't go down the BBBOC route as he wouldn't have been passed fit to fight. He knows that and Robert Smith has stated that. Surely we have to trust the judgement of the experts here. Danny Williams is still fighting in Russia or E Europe, regularly getting beaten up by cab drivers and bouncers, BBBOC won't give him a licence as he slurs his words so badly and is surely showing signs of brain injury.

Benn's last fight was in 1996 in a loss to Steve Collins, when he looked completely shot. This fight is 23 years later, at the age of 55 against a guy who fought the LHW king, Adonis Stevenson a few years ago.

BBBOC must look at an individual's health situation and the future of the sport and that is why they have taken this decision. I agree 100% with it.

I think this is not a real fight anyway, just a glorified exhibition for money. If so, that is fine.

Ah now I see

Charity exhibition? Noel angling for that rematch

hahaha - nah ive seen some legends fight, in thailand a guy called Apidit who was known in the golden era of muay thai for kicking so hard you could hear them land at the top of the stadium, guy was in his 70s and did a 3 rounder against another guy of the time, proceeds went to charity..... great crowd reaction, neither really trained much for it. just a glorified spar in front of crowd - and a light one at that. Awesome....

Back