Boxing Thread

MMA news - Jones is back in October. 15 month suspension back dated.

Load of ballocks IMO, paid for and rigged!

He should be given his title back immediately then

Can pretty much guarantee Cormier wont fight him again after the absolute breakdown he had when Jones KOd him last time, theres no way he could mentally withstand Jones taking both his titles from him

Next fight needs a KO clause :lol:
Both men to recieve a substantial dose of Miberlone pre fight.

Honestly you dont know what youre talking about, that is my opinion, im going to rewatch the fight shortly though just to be certain

Now onto your points

1. you say GGG knew he had to knock him out otherwise he would get fooked on the scorecards ? Then do explain why he spent the vast majority of the fight backing up ? Why he spent the vast majority of the fight throwing the weakest shot he could possibly throw, his jab ? Go ahead and answer that

2. You say the fighters in the videos i posted whom agreed Canelo won are wrong (as you have shown above) I think you will find it is the opposite, Canelo won the fight so the expert fighters, literally p4p greats, are indeed correct in their opinions that Canelo won

3. Compubox is useless. GGG threw more WEAK punches which inflicted littel damage, jab after jab, Canelo threw POWER time and time again, to the head and body and kept the usually highly aggressive GGG on the back foot ALL NIGHT because of it.

4. If that video doesnt tell you Teddy Atlas is an idiot i dont know what does, 117 - 112 lmao WTF no one on the planet scored the fight like that, btw Teddy Atlas is a running joke on forums for his fight picks because he picks so many fights incorrectly, he is not a good pundit at all as proven by his track record, look into it

5. You tell me how to win a fight ? Here is what i do, Firstly who delivers the most damage, Secondly who controls the distance the fight takes places at, thats it essentially. Canelo hit GGG with numerous power shots all over his body, his punch selection was way better, he landed all manor of punches while GGG was just jabs mainly. Canelo the smaller man also dictated the entire fight, forcing the ALWAYS come forward aggressive GGG to fight on the back foot and back up

Answer the above questions and tell me how you think GGG won that fight ?

Judging and therefore scoring each round (and overall a fight) is very subjective but there are factors which I (and the judges) take into account. Some of these are below (some of the text is taken from websites).

1. Clean punches - stats speak for themselves above. Canelo was almost KO’ed in the 10th and if GGG was still 100% prime, Canelo would have been asleep.

2. Defence - stats speak for themselves above.

3. Effective aggression - Determination should not be mistaken for aggressiveness when one boxer continuously moves forward boring in on the opponent regardless of the number of punches being received. If an attack is not effective, the boxer cannot receive credit for it. In order for the boxer to be effective in their aggressiveness, he or she must force the action and set the tempo of the bout through forward movement. The boxer must score punches while blocking and avoiding the opponents counter punching. An aggressive boxer who continues boring in and getting hit from every angle should not be awarded points based on aggressiveness.

4. Ring Generalship - comprises "such points as the ability to quickly grasp and take advantage of every opportunity offered, the capacity to cope with all kinds of situations which may arise; to foresee and neutralise an opponent’s method of attack; to force an opponent to adopt a style of boxing at which he is not particularly skillful".

To me, clean punches are the most important aspect. Take the phrase effective aggression. How is a boxer effective? He's effective by landing clean punches. How about defence? A boxer shows great defence by not getting hit with clean punches. And, finally, the term ring generalship. A boxer uses the ring to put himself in a position to land clean punches.

Who landed the most punches, again, see stats above. I know this is over-simplifying how I score a fight but, as a lot of it is subjective, it is difficult to put into words.

As you haven't mentioned the 4 areas above (which is what the judges score fights on), I have tried to keep it as simple as possible for you.

As stated already, I scored it a clear 116-112 GGG win and so did approx 70% of the people watching it. Boxrec 17% had Canelo as winner, ESB 21% and 18% on CHB so approx 19% overall had Canelo as winner.

photo.php

Judging and therefore scoring each round (and overall a fight) is very subjective but there are factors which I (and the judges) take into account. Some of these are below (some of the text is taken from websites).

1. Clean punches - stats speak for themselves above. Canelo was almost KO’ed in the 10th and if GGG was still 100% prime, Canelo would have been asleep.

2. Defence - stats speak for themselves above.

3. Effective aggression - Determination should not be mistaken for aggressiveness when one boxer continuously moves forward boring in on the opponent regardless of the number of punches being received. If an attack is not effective, the boxer cannot receive credit for it. In order for the boxer to be effective in their aggressiveness, he or she must force the action and set the tempo of the bout through forward movement. The boxer must score punches while blocking and avoiding the opponents counter punching. An aggressive boxer who continues boring in and getting hit from every angle should not be awarded points based on aggressiveness.

4. Ring Generalship - comprises "such points as the ability to quickly grasp and take advantage of every opportunity offered, the capacity to cope with all kinds of situations which may arise; to foresee and neutralise an opponent’s method of attack; to force an opponent to adopt a style of boxing at which he is not particularly skillful".

To me, clean punches are the most important aspect. Take the phrase effective aggression. How is a boxer effective? He's effective by landing clean punches. How about defence? A boxer shows great defence by not getting hit with clean punches. And, finally, the term ring generalship. A boxer uses the ring to put himself in a position to land clean punches.

Who landed the most punches, again, see stats above. I know this is over-simplifying how I score a fight but, as a lot of it is subjective, it is difficult to put into words.

As you haven't mentioned the 4 areas above (which is what the judges score fights on), I have tried to keep it as simple as possible for you.

As stated already, I scored it a clear 116-112 GGG win and so did approx 70% of the people watching it. Boxrec 17% had Canelo as winner, ESB 21% and 18% on CHB so approx 19% overall had Canelo as winner.

What a useless post, dont go off track with a copy and paste, im aware how fights are scored

What i want you to do, is simply point by point answer the questions i posed to you in my previous response, in particular , point 1......................

photo.php

What a useless post, dont go off track with a copy and paste, im aware how fights are scored

What i want you to do, is simply point by point answer the questions i posed to you in my previous response, in particular , point 1......................

Now you have been schooled in the art of scoring a fight (I am giving you credit for knowing what the 10-point-must system is, this may be misjudged credit after reading your previous posts though), then go back and watch the fight again (no commentary is preferable) and try to give a true reflection of what the scoring should be.

I have given you the technical reasons for why I scored the fight as I did and how I come to 116-112 (I don't have my scorecard anymore otherwise I would break it down round-by-round). I based my scoring on the 4 tenets of boxing judging, namely clean punches, defence, effective aggression and ring generalship.

No more comments from me. I have said all I need to say on this subject.

Last edited:
Now you have been schooled in the art of scoring a fight (I am giving you credit for knowing what the 10-point-must system is, this may be misjudged credit after reading your previous posts though), then go back and watch the fight again (no commentary is preferable) and try to give a true reflection of what the scoring should be.

I have given you the technical reasons for why I scored the fight as I did and how I come to 116-112 (I don't have my scorecard anymore otherwise I would break it down round-by-round). I based my scoring on the 4 tenets of boxing judging, namely clean punches, defence, effective aggression and ring generalship.

No more comments from me. I have said all I need to say on this subject.

I knew for a fact you would avoid my questions

Running away, just like GGG did

Case closed :)

Your a bit of a knob aintcha

Nope

Hes a total deluded fan boy just look at his post above "GGG almost knocked Canelo out in round 10" that never even came close to happening, what actually happened was GGG landed his first good shot of the entire fight in ROUND 10, and people like huntingground wet himself but Canelo just ate it and then 5 seconds later was back to walking down and pressuring GGG, he wasnt even remotely close to being KO

All i asked was to refute the points i made, perfectly reasonable, he knows he cant though so he makes his excuses and runs, there was only like 3 questions, he can just answer the first if he likes, will take 10 seconds......

Nope

Hes a total deluded fan boy just look at his post above "GGG almost knocked Canelo out in round 10" that never even came close to happening, what actually happened was GGG landed his first good shot of the entire fight in ROUND 10, and people like huntingground wet himself but Canelo just ate it and then 5 seconds later was back to walking down and pressuring GGG, he wasnt even remotely close to being KO

All i asked was to refute the points i made, perfectly reasonable, he knows he cant though so he makes his excuses and runs, there was only like 3 questions, he can just answer the first if he likes, will take 10 seconds......

He's been nothing but polite to you yet you are derogatory toward him, that makes you a knob fella, its that simple.

No scoring needed there.

He's been nothing but polite to you yet you are derogatory toward him, that makes you a knob fella, its that simple.

No scoring needed there.

If youre too dumb to see the subtle digs hes been taking then thats on you im afraid

Beer offer soon :lol:

GGG didn't go for KO as Canelo was hurting him with counters to the body, not enough to put him down or stop him but enough to deter GGG from any prolonged assault.
He did catch Canelo in one of the rounds but didn't capitalise quickly enough and Canelo shook it off.

Surely there won't be a 4th if the 3rd is another unpopular decision, then again if people pay or tickets/ppv....

Beer offer soon :lol:

GGG didn't go for KO as Canelo was hurting him with counters to the body, not enough to put him down or stop him but enough to deter GGG from any prolonged assault.
He did catch Canelo in one of the rounds but didn't capitalise quickly enough and Canelo shook it off.

Surely there won't be a 4th if the 3rd is another unpopular decision, then again if people pay or tickets/ppv....

Thankyou

GGG was being hurt all the time during that fight, just not enough to break him and put him down, he got hit with many massive shots

Also, i will disagree on your " not enough to deter GGG from any prolonged assault". That is exactly what it did, it completely deterred GGG from any prolonged assault and kept him on the back foot popping out a jab to try and keep Canelo away from him

Yeah by round ten he finally managed to land a good clean shot, where as Canelo had been landing them all fight

I await Huntinggrounds response to my question which i will repeat here

1. you say GGG knew he had to knock him out otherwise he would get fooked on the scorecards ? Then do explain why he spent the vast majority of the fight backing up ? Why he spent the vast majority of the fight throwing the weakest shot he could possibly throw, his jab ? Go ahead and answer that

Back