1. Click here to see our list of sponsors. If you decide to use one of the companies listed, please support TMuscle by clicking on one of the links provided.

Boxing Thread

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by huntingground, Jun 7, 2018.

1. They all float

They all float Full Member

So you change the word from pleaser to appeaser, that is more accurate but still rather untrue as this match has been met by a general WTF vibe

Also you say no one else was free, not true, Stipe was free, and has been vocally calling out DC since he lost the other month, saying it was a fluke and he beats DC 9 times out of 10 and wants a rematch ASAP

So Jones also is back in competition and people have been throwing his name in with DC too. DC sees and hears all this of course and just a week ago on Helwanis show said there was no chance he could fight anyone, as his thumb was fucked up and he cant even make a fist, a week later somehow hes miraculously cured and is scheduled to defend his belt against Lewis. He has ducked Stipe and took what he perceives as an east money fight in Lewis, so of course in rooting for a Lewis KO

2. noel

noel Top Contributor

learn to read I wanted to see Poirer, Diaz, but of WMMA clearly JJ, Valentina, Cyborg, Nunes fights would be the best. Weirdo, no mate, just someone who has fought, trained people and can see a good fight for a good fight beyond whether its a male or a female. Having coached females to high level MT ive heard such shit as yours before, so its nothing new - pretty sad really. Its easily one of the best female matches to make yet to say its shit. fair enough mate. Both have a CV of titles and achievements as long as your arm. And are fun to watch. Most MMA fans and fighters are excited for it.. Im sure the UFC will cancel it now it knows you think its shit and anyone enjoying it is a weirdo..

your quite an aggressive little princess aren't you x

Porky likes this.
  3. noel

noel Top Contributor

its met with better reaction than Shevchenko vs Eubanks
    DC ducked Stipe? the guy wants to fight someone else and the UFC clearly don't want the rematch straight away. It is a business also. As for Jones. just back on his 10000th chance. and fighting Gus on UFC 232 so he isn't free.
    As for letting DC choose - yeah why not, far better role model, good company man and 2 weight champ. Hes deserved it.
    DC has also said he needs longer to prep for Stipe - fair enough. Late notice again Lewis (who is the No3 ranked HW) is hardly a scandal is it. He retires next year anyway. UFC gave him a good offer. no brainer

Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
  4. huntingground

huntingground Pencillus Maximus Competitor

WBSS live from 6pm - worldboxingsuperseries.com and http://facebook.com/WBSuperSeries

Channel 5 from 10pm - Martin Bakole takes on Michael Hunter..

Metro Radio Arena, Newcastle , Sky Sports Action (19:00), Sky Sports Main Event (22:00)
    Lewis Ritson v Francesco Patera : European Lightweight Title
    Robbie Davies Jr v Glenn Foot : British & Commonwealth Super-Lightweight Titles
    Joshua Buatsi v Tony Averlant : 10 Rnds Light-Heavyweight
    David Allen v Samir Nebo : 8/10 Rnds Heavyweight
    Simon Vallily v Craig Glover : 10 Rnds Cruiserweight

If you only watch one fight, watch Lewis 'Sandman' Ritson. I'm very excited about him.

milner575 likes this.
  5. huntingground

TERENCE CRAWFORD V JOSE BENAVIDEZ JR

Crawford top 5 P4P at moment but not on TV over here. He will ice Benavidez.

6. huntingground

Ritson beat by Patera on points, split decision. I’m really shocked.

7. Getbig25

Getbig25 Top Contributor

DC came out and admitted UFC gave him an offer he couldn’t turn down. Plus lets be honest he’s gonna wrestle Lewis and wreck him!

Lewis even said he’s not ready for DC. Both been handed a good bit of cash to save the card!

DC also said it’s likely his second last fight.

8. They all float

I wasnt even talking to you

But if youre on side with that weirdo Milner then thats on you

No male should be getting excited about two 5 foot tall, 7 stone girls getting in a cage fighting

Last edited: Oct 14, 2018 at 12:14 AM
  9. They all float

Yeah you dont seem to actually grasp boxing tbh

You just seem to be what is known as a "casual" and you just go with the flavour of the month and buy whatever hype is being fed to you

10. They all float

No the point was, he was avoiding ANY fight, he said he couldnt fight for months because his hand was bad and he cant even make fist, this si when Stipe is being vocal and Jones......he cant fight no way, soon as easy pickings are offered oh hey im fine i can actually step in immediately at short notice to fight

Jones was free at the time of the fight being discussed, his fight vs Gus came about after DC accepted to fight Lewis

Derek Lewis is the number 3 ranked Heavyweight in the UFC, what the fuckkkkkkkkk haha i will need to check and confirm that because thats pretty sad if thats how shit the UFC HW division is

11. huntingground

I have a strong suspicion that you are the 11st Pencil Neck wannabe boxer who Doink asked for a meet in Piccadilly, Manchester and you absolutely shite yourself and deleted your account on here.

Anyway, I have already schooled you on the art of scoring a round and therefore a bout. Now for the next schooling : when should a fighter move up in grade.

Riston started boxing at 8yo and was a decorated amateur. Since turning pro (before last night) he had won 17/17 with 11 by KO and had defended his British title 4 times and was therefore the proud owner of the Lonsdale belt. Therefore he was definitely ready for the European stage and Patera is a non-puncher (7 KOs in 23 fights) who had also been beaten by Masher Dodd who is domestic level not European/World. His odds last night before the bout according to the graphic os Sky Sports were 1/66 to win so everybody was predicting a Ritson win, including myself.

Can you repost up your pre-fight predictions as I don't seem to be able to find them and also take a photo of your bet on Patera.

Can you also please repost what you posted pre-fight about why you think Ritson wasn't ready for Euro level and/or Patera.

Anyone can do past predictions, even someone with no clue about combat sports like you.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2018 at 7:00 AM
  12. Fatbrah

Fatbrah TMuscle Fatministrator Top Contributor

Terrance crawford savage uppercut ko in the 12th

13. milner575

milner575 Full Member

Guessing this is aimed at that dick I’ve got on the ignore list still. It’s a great tool More people really should use it lol

Did you watch the fight mate? I crashed before it so didn’t see it all I saw was split decision result.

huntingground likes this.
  14. huntingground

Yes mate, Ritson looked great for 4 rounds, on front foot, backing Patera up, hitting him with some big shots, Patera is a brave, tough guy, he was having some success on the back foot. It looked an early finish at this stage though. In the 5th, Patera hit Ritson with numerous body shots and it sickened Ritson, body language and whole fight changed, Ritson was hanging on at times, again, very brave and tough.

Most judges would have had Patera up by 1 or 2 rounds I reckon, there was a sneaking suspicion that there might be a home town decision but there wasn't. Right man got decision IMO.

Rebuild job for Ritson. Drop his Dad and go with proper trainer, stop looking for power shots and throw more combos.

milner575 likes this.
  15. AMW83

AMW83 Top Contributor

Bookies backed Ritson to win big style, hope some Patera fans bashed the bookies.
    Ritson said he was caught with a body shot in the 5th and just couldn’t recover.

He’s young so he will come back.

huntingground likes this.