Boxing Thread

People have a short memory when it comes to Usyk. Probably because he had to pull out of his fight with injury. You realise the guy is 6,3? Big for cruiserweight, Evander Holyfield moved from cruiserweight remember and it took Usyk less fights.

He's won 2 golds at Heavyweight, London Olympics and the WC the year before. He's trained by Lomachenko's father too.

He dances around everyone other than Fury and Wilder. Him and Fury would be a chess match with Fury's reach deciding IMO, he'll dance round Wilder too until Wilder probs catches him. Though I do believe there's a real chance of him beating Wilder too.

He beats AJ all week and twice on a Sunday. Doubt they'll even meet though as I believe Ruiz has Joshua's number. Usyk will prove too skilled for Ruiz.

People are forgetting he has power too. 12 K.O's from 16 pro fights. His boxing ability is better than everyone in the HW division other than Fury, the question would be can he handle Wilder's power? Usyk is like a much bigger Lomachenko. All just my 2 pennies of course.
:lol:

Can’t see Usyk beating AJ, or anyone else at heavyweight who isn’t a tin can.

AJ would jab him to death.

Fury would embarrass him.

Ruiz would put his chin on the moon.

Whyte would put his chin on the moon.

Povetkin would put his chin on the moon.

Pulev would put his chin on the moon.

Wilder would put usyk in complete form on the moon.

He’s too lightweight for the heavies imo, I’m sure he’ll bulk up a bit like but he’s no Holyfield or David Haye is he, he doesn’t have the frame for heavyweight. Plus is he gonna be as fast and flashy if he does go in heavier?... Doubt it. He’d be the first of his kind if he was.

All speculation though men, time will tell won’t it......

Makes for some interesting discussion though I suppose.

Can’t see Usyk beating AJ, or anyone else at heavyweight who isn’t a tin can.

AJ would jab him to death.

Fury would embarrass him.

Ruiz would put his chin on the moon.

Whyte would put his chin on the moon.

Povetkin would put his chin on the moon.

Pulev would put his chin on the moon.

Wilder would put usyk in complete form on the moon.

He’s too lightweight for the heavies imo, I’m sure he’ll bulk up a bit like but he’s no Holyfield or David Haye is he, he doesn’t have the frame for heavyweight. Plus is he gonna be as fast and flashy if he does go in heavier?... Doubt it. He’d be the first of his kind if he was.

All speculation though men, time will tell won’t it......

Makes for some interesting discussion though I suppose.
It is indeed all opinion.

But I didn't mention the others as he's way out of their league. I wasn't comparing him to Holyfield just mentioning how the transition can be made.

Usyk would of embarrassed Haye. Though that wouldn't have happened either as Haye would have chipped a nail just before the fight.

Weight isn't as relevant as many think. Wilder came in at 214lbs against Fury. Tyson was 215 for the golden part of his career.

Again hes already boxed at heavyweight and won Olympic gold so I dont really get the frame comment. Hes been there and done it.

AJ was supposed to put Ruiz into orbit. Then when Ruiz started knocking shit out of him even his corner were telling him just jab and move seeing as hes about 6 inches taller. Usyk would end up knocking AJ out IMO, totally outbox him for the first few rounds that's a given then when AJ's shitty tank goes hes down.

With his trainer being Loma's dad aswell this has all been planned well in advance. Hes by far the best in the business. Both turned pro late for a reason and then look what they accomplished. Think its 38 fights between them and how many belts.

His frame is perfect for modern HW. 6,3, solid chin, good power, amazing engine, boxes the ears off everyone other than Fury, moves like lightning.

Ive heard hes intending to stay at 90-95kg too.

I boxed in the Army.

I mean ok, you boxed but the level isn't great, odd guy whos semi decent from Uni, but its not like Army boxing is a breeding ground for amazing AMs or PROs.....still at least you have had an actual fight...

I mean ok, you boxed but the level isn't great, odd guy whos semi decent from Uni, but its not like Army boxing is a breeding ground for amazing AMs or PROs.....still at least you have had an actual fight...
Lol the guy is an idiot. He inboxed me after as he was so insulted by my disregard for his army Mike Tyson glory days. Was he even in the army? Strikes me as a false valour kinda guy if Im honest.

And it was how he was insinuating that if nobody has got in the ring then their opinion is invalid. OK lets get into that. Angelo Dundee, Cus D'Mato had a single amateur fight before becoming a trainer. Freddie Flintoff, like it or not, officially has 1 professional bout to his name and he won the fucking thing too haha

hes full of shit....his posts are slagging people off, shit, cock or cunt.....

one fight doesn't make you a fighter, but it at least gives someone an insight into the mentally, the training and discipline..... I cant disagree on that... I wasn't a very good fighter, much better coach - so I agree you don't need to have been. Ive seen plenty of great fighters who are poor coaches too.

no ones opinion is invalid, its the internet after all - and its hardly like that guy is Freddie roach and your calling him out LOL.........

It is indeed all opinion.

But I didn't mention the others as he's way out of their league. I wasn't comparing him to Holyfield just mentioning how the transition can be made.

Usyk would of embarrassed Haye. Though that wouldn't have happened either as Haye would have chipped a nail just before the fight.

Weight isn't as relevant as many think. Wilder came in at 214lbs against Fury. Tyson was 215 for the golden part of his career.

Again hes already boxed at heavyweight and won Olympic gold so I dont really get the frame comment. Hes been there and done it.

AJ was supposed to put Ruiz into orbit. Then when Ruiz started knocking shit out of him even his corner were telling him just jab and move seeing as hes about 6 inches taller. Usyk would end up knocking AJ out IMO, totally outbox him for the first few rounds that's a given then when AJ's shitty tank goes hes down.

With his trainer being Loma's dad aswell this has all been planned well in advance. Hes by far the best in the business. Both turned pro late for a reason and then look what they accomplished. Think its 38 fights between them and how many belts.

His frame is perfect for modern HW. 6,3, solid chin, good power, amazing engine, boxes the ears off everyone other than Fury, moves like lightning.

Ive heard hes intending to stay at 90-95kg too.

Always got a chance mate but I don’t see it materialising. He weighed 202 at the Olympics, professional boxing limit for heavyweight starts at 200lb. He usually fights ~90kg which is a touch under so it’s not really comparable to pro boxing is it. He’s gonna sneak in to the class with a defecit in height, reach and power on most of the top fellas, that’s at best.

He’s going from being one of the biggest guys in his class to the smallest.

If you wanna see my thinking behind this then go back and watch Bellew vs Usyk again and count the shots he took from Bellew. If he takes shots like that at heavyweight he’s out in the first round.

Haye would have murdered him at cruiserweight or heavyweight at his best but that’s open to the floor for debate! Maybe one to discuss later on!

If he just sneaks in at 91kg he will get absolutely obliterated, it’s alright saying weight isn’t everything but it is, that’s why we have weight classes and not height classes or vo2 max classes.

If he moves up to 95/96kg initially it depends if his cardio and speed holds up. It doesn’t for the vast majority of fellas. Even if it does he’s still gonna have to take the big shots and I’ve not seen anything that makes me think he’s gonna be able to avoid them....

Aside from that I don’t see why AJ’s suddenly been written off by everyone as he lost one fight on a bad night for him, it’s the usual media bullshit. A victim of his own hype.

He’s a lot better than he gets the credit for.

very true Doink, there is a fucking MASSIVE difference to real HW - guys who cut to make weights and guys who are there or there abouts.. The power difference is off the charts.

As for AJ, next fight tells you were he is at mentally. Bad night, his Kryptonite opponent or just a one off.... You don't just become shit after one loss.... despite what the Pro boxing experts in the media say.......... its why ive always preferred MMA and Thai/K1...... you lose means you actually fought....if your unbeaten you are either something uber uber special or just padded out to shit.

I think AJ destroys the next opponent. He got humbled, hes a champ, an Olympian , hell want to show everyone whats what and shut up the doubters. Plus its a loss, hes human, I bet hes the most focused he has ever been

very true Doink, there is a fucking MASSIVE difference to real HW - guys who cut to make weights and guys who are there or there abouts.. The power difference is off the charts.

As for AJ, next fight tells you were he is at mentally. Bad night, his Kryptonite opponent or just a one off.... You don't just become shit after one loss.... despite what the Pro boxing experts in the media say.......... its why ive always preferred MMA and Thai/K1...... you lose means you actually fought....if your unbeaten you are either something uber uber special or just padded out to shit.

I think AJ destroys the next opponent. He got humbled, hes a champ, an Olympian , hell want to show everyone whats what and shut up the doubters. Plus its a loss, hes human, I bet hes the most focused he has ever been

Defo mate, after a few rounds of some fucking gorilla twice your size leaning on you then it’s a lot more difficult to duck and dive and be all flashy ain’t it!

Credit to the fella if he makes the move and does well but I don’t see him ever being a champ.

AJ will be hammering his weaknesses as we speak, he’s never had to address him and now he is gonna have to..... He’s an athlete and a grafter so here’s hoping he nails it and wins the rematch.

hes full of shit....his posts are slagging people off, shit, cock or cunt.....

one fight doesn't make you a fighter, but it at least gives someone an insight into the mentally, the training and discipline..... I cant disagree on that... I wasn't a very good fighter, much better coach - so I agree you don't need to have been. Ive seen plenty of great fighters who are poor coaches too.

no ones opinion is invalid, its the internet after all - and its hardly like that guy is Freddie roach and your calling him out LOL.........
That's basically what I was trying to get across, that its all opinion and everyone's entitled to one. Even the 'experts' involved in pro boxing, how many of them predicted Ruiz beating Joshua? Not many.

The comment about boxing in the army is a joke though. He was saying that like it means something, thats why I reeled off the people I did just to prove his army boxing is utterly worthless. All of us are predicting what will happen so that just comes down to personal opinion.

And I still question his army credentials never mind his fucking boxing haha

Lol the guy is an idiot. He inboxed me after as he was so insulted by my disregard for his army Mike Tyson glory days. Was he even in the army? Strikes me as a false valour kinda guy if Im honest.

And it was how he was insinuating that if nobody has got in the ring then their opinion is invalid. OK lets get into that. Angelo Dundee, Cus D'Mato had a single amateur fight before becoming a trainer. Freddie Flintoff, like it or not, officially has 1 professional bout to his name and he won the fucking thing too haha

PMSL!! rasp PMing someone for questioning his boxing qualifications has made my morning :rofl: spastic is he

That's basically what I was trying to get across, that its all opinion and everyone's entitled to one. Even the 'experts' involved in pro boxing, how many of them predicted Ruiz beating Joshua? Not many.

The comment about boxing in the army is a joke though. He was saying that like it means something, thats why I reeled off the people I did just to prove his army boxing is utterly worthless. All of us are predicting what will happen so that just comes down to personal opinion.

And I still question his army credentials never mind his fucking boxing haha

he watched a Bridge Too Far is about the extent of it.

mmmm.....nice Tats stud. :lol:

Back